The Euro 2008 tread! ~support siggys + poll! ~

fubol

Well, Dutchland hasn't beaten Romania in recent matches, and if they let Romania win, they can kick out Italy and France, which could be a benefit later in the tournament.

That being said, Dutchland is in a super form lately, so I'm not sure if they'll want to lose to Romania :lol:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!

Why didnt I discover this thread earlier :x

Well, Dutchland hasn't beaten Romania in recent matches, and if they let Romania win, they can kick out Italy and France, which could be a benefit later in the tournament.

That being said, Dutchland is in a super form lately, so I'm not sure if they'll want to lose to Romania :lol:

The Italian Bonds coach said that he trusts in Holland and that they will play a good match against Romania,

and I also think they will play at their best. Huntelaar probably wants to prove himself because he hasnt played much yet.

(Not sure if he played against Italy, I was in America when Holland won :cry: )

Good luck with your bets BlueLancer, never knew you were such a fanatic.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

And I still laugh that bookmakers give better odds to ROMANIA to win Holland..! Netherlands 3.00 odds, Romania 2.10.

2049095b96d8407c188e4b67fd2a112ad8d7b42.png

I think they're just pissing their pants that Holland is probably gaining an easy victory, so they try to discourage people from making lots of bets on the winning team.

I think they're working on the assumption that Holland will play a weaker team or they're working on the conspiracy theory of Holland lying down in order to screw over France & Italy. It's a risky strategy for the bookies.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

!

Why didnt I discover this thread earlier :x

The Italian Bonds coach said that he trusts in Holland and that they will play a good match against Romania,

and I also think they will play at their best. Huntelaar probably wants to prove himself because he hasnt played much yet.

(Not sure if he played against Italy, I was in America when Holland won :cry: )

Good luck with your bets BlueLancer, never knew you were such a fanatic.

treads by me always own :anxious: :-$ :mrgreen:

@ punc ; it's the netherlands not dutchland :P

-------

almost 5 pages :D

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Ok, can somebody explain how the Czechs didn't get a penalty when their keeper got sent off?

Ok, can somebody explain how the Czechs didn't get a penalty when their keeper got sent off?

I think he got sent off for pushing Koller after the play ended. Koller said something to the kepeer; the keeper pushed him & Koller went down rather too easily for a big man. :lol:

What a comeback tho! Czechs should've been 3-0 or 4-0 up but what do you know? Turkey pull a goal back, Cech makes a mistake & then Turkey win somehow.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

Yeah, apparently the ball having left play already was the only thing preventing the game from becoming even more insane.

My favourite team in the tournament are France. At the moment I am sitting here in my brand new France top :)

I am 100% english and love my country (and football is almost like a religion to me sometimes) but I have french in the blood from my dad's parents, and I love the country. It's language and culture are brilliant in my opinion.

I think Croatia-Holland final, Holland to win. Spain runners up. Germany fourth.

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

Yeah, Turkey's comeback was just about the best I've seen in International football. Impressive turnaround (even if Petr Cech kinda' helped them along).

As for the sending off, it wasn't a penalty since the ball was out of play at the time of the incident.

Harrington.gif

Fs I'm so annoyed right now. :x

First of all I wanted it to be Czech Republic vs Croatia since that's mine and my friends teams so it would make for a good match and evening out.

Second of all, Turkey are just about the scummiest footballing nation on the planet, absolutely hate them, both the fans and the players. Absolute cunners, the lot of them.

Oh well, I'll have to look foreward to Croatia doing them over in the quaters.

iteme3721.jpg

Pfft, what a pile of trash... Again the 10 : 1 underdog wins.. Even with their C-team Portugal is fifty times stronger than *Switzerland*. I lost all faith in the fairness of these competitions finally today.

(Learned lesson from Germany game and only lost a few bucks on this one though)

Tbh, if the Italians are doing badly, you can pretty much guarantee that it isn't fixed. :mrgreen:

Or maybe they have a cunning plan, Baldrick-like... They want to lose all the games to look like the underdog. Interesting... btw, I am joking here

And the penalty couldn't be given, because a foul is only awarded with a free kick (or penalty, in this case) if it had something to do with the action on the pitch, with the ball. If, for example, I punch someone on the field, but the ball is nowhere near me, I should just get a red card and a possible suspension, but there won't be a free kick.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

my tought on who will win: Germany/Holland

my favorite team: Sweden

why i think this team will win: They are both good teams with incredible players.

I was really dissapointed that Czech (spelling?) didn't win over Turkey.

Holland seem very good, over my expectations, it's one of the contenders for the final.

I'm swedish, but i don't think they'll beat Holland in the quarter (since i guess we'll play x or win against Russia). And since i'm part german, and i think they'll go further than Sweden, it's my 2nd team after Sweden =)

France and italy have been playing crap.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Fs I'm so annoyed right now. :x

First of all I wanted it to be Czech Republic vs Croatia since that's mine and my friends teams so it would make for a good match and evening out.

Second of all, Turkey are just about the scummiest footballing nation on the planet, absolutely hate them, both the fans and the players. Absolute cunners, the lot of them.

Oh well, I'll have to look foreward to Croatia doing them over in the quaters.

don't be racist :shame:

bump!

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Aye, I don't think you need to bump this thread since it'll be active atleast until the tournament ends.

Germany there for the taking? Probably. It's gonna take something special to keep them out of the last 8. Going by the some of the results; shouldn't be a surprise if they are dumped out somehow. But nah, seems unlikely. :lol:

scarsrl0.jpg

P   GD  PTS 

1 Croatia   2   2     6 

2 Germany   2   1     3 

3 Austria   2  -1     1 

4 Poland    2  -2     1 

The way I see it, all Germany need is a draw tonight to guarantee qualification. Even if Poland win against Croatia, they'd be even on points but since Germany won that particular head to head, they qualify (even if Poland have a better goal difference).

I don't see Poland qualifying anyway, since if Germany lose, then Poland must hope that it's by only one goal, giving Austria level goal difference. This would leave Poland requiring a 3-0 win over Croatia to qualify... barring some kind of miracle, Poland are basically out.

So the most entertaining game to watch tonight will be the Germany vs Austria game since they both have something very real to play for :)

I'm pretty certain Germany will join Croatia in the quarterfinals.

Harrington.gif

I agree.. Think we'll see a German victory tonight \' Yeah..

But looking at the last Euro games... Really... It wouldn't be a massive surprise if Austria somehow managed to win. But I think that's extremely improbable.

Good result for is tonight playing a weakened side.

Bring on the Turks. :twisted:

Hoping to see a Croatia - Holland final. Good football prevails.

iteme3721.jpg

Heh, the match was alright. The goal was a bullet tho from Ballack. Gomez? Amazing miss. :lol:

Portugal Vs Germany for the 1st Quarter finals should be good.

scarsrl0.jpg

Portugal Vs Germany for the 1st Quarter finals should be good.

I'm hoping for a mass brawl with lots of sending offs and injuries in that match. :mrgreen:

iteme3721.jpg

Yeah, a good result for Germany, but not a very exciting match. Typical Germans I suppose... just doing enough and no more.

Hopefully tomorrow night's entertainment will be a little better :)

P  GD  PTS 

Netherlands   2    6    6 

Romania       2    0    2 

France        2   -3    1 

Italy         2   -3    1 

Holland vs Romania (Holland have already qualified)

France vs Italy (unless Romania beat Holland, it's a do or die match)

Holland have finished top no matter what, so I recon they'll put out a reserve team against Romania.

France and Italy MUST win their game. Whoever loses is definately out, and a draw may put both of them out. Even a win won't guarantee either of them a place, if Romania pick up a win.

I'm gonna be brave and say that Romania will beat a Dutch reserve team, putting both Italy and France out of the competition (much like they deserve to be, if I'm being honest)

Harrington.gif