The Euro 2008 tread! ~support siggys + poll! ~

fubol

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap.. Most exciting game of Euro 2008.. Croatia Turkey just ended. Baseball and american football seem like a rotten muppet show compared to THIS, I bet if more americans watched soccer games like this, they'd get much more drawn into it.

Guessed the outcome (1X) which didn't affect extra time.. Was too afraid to place live bets after that, and thank heavens. Turkey made 1-1 on OT with seconds left to go.

Also, it lifted the image of Rustu Recber in my mind. Sure he made a mistake which led to 1-0, but overall he's almost comparable to Van Der Sar, maybe not Buffon, still a great goalkeeper.

I can't believe the Croatia vs Turkey game. Croatia finally get in the lead and just need to hold on for 2 mintues then BAM! Turkey score with the last kick of the game. It was an absolute travesty of justice as Croatia were by far the better team for most of the game, Turkey didn't offer anything just like Greece 4 years ago. I knew Modric would miss his penalty after scoring one earlier in the tournament and after playing so well - I genuinely was gutted for him.

It's amazing that Turkey are in a semi-final and have only held a lead for 2 and a half minutes during the entire tournament. Germany will be celebrating, I doubt they'd have fancied another game against Croatia. Since Croatia have gone out playing beautiful football, I now put my full support behind the purist's choice - Holland. Hopefully they'll be worn out by the time we play them in World Cup qualifiers.

PS. Bluelancer - About Italy and penalties, I reckon Germany would beat them. The Germans almost never lose a shoot-out. Buffon is a tough keeper but didn't Lehman have somebody keep stats on all penalty takers at the last world cup or something? Plus the Italians always lose them when it matters - just ask Roberto Baggio. ;)

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I like Turkey, only cause they're so bad.

Seriously, they suck tremendous balls when you compare them to the other teams left in, yet still, they're there.

They came back against Czech in dramatic fashion.

They came back against Croatia in ridiculously dramatic fashion.

Whether they deserve it or not is a different matter, it makes for great entertainment and its a cool underdog story. TURKEY FTW!!!!!!!!

Hey.

I like Turkey, only cause they're so bad.

...don't

Well done, that made no sense at all.

Hey, I can do it too.

Prepare the fleet young-one, for the Vegan starships approach. Death to the republic! Long live Vaganor, Emperor of Orion, Master of Betelgeuse!

Hey.

Holland vs Italy - Holland win on penalties.

Heh.. Somehow I doubt any country can win Italy in penalties unless the stadium is extremely slippery/there is an extraordinary amount of luck involved (hint: very powerful kicks, Buffon as the keeper). France lost the penalty shootout to Italy in the last world cup championship.

Errr You do realize Italy have only won ONCE on penalties :P

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/704680.stm

example of turk scum [bleep] for those who didnt know.

scum [bleep] arse hole awful knobs.

Shame to football tbh, shouldn't even be allowed into the tourny

That's a bit unfair. The English have their fair share of incidents too... can't blame a whole country for the actions of a few individuals.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Uh, that's eight years ago.

Not too great a game if you ask me. It only became exciting in the last half hour, and penalties of course. Croatie should have won. But I do admire the Turks for never giving up. I believe they've got an extra three players suspended now. That leavesn, 15 players in total? :lol:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Turkey FTW.

I just watched a taped version of the Germany-Portugal game. Now THAT was a hell of a game in the second half. Portugal came this close to scoring many times in the last ten minutes, and on into the extra time... I was SO hoping for a beauty of a Ronaldo goal to top off the game and throw it into silver-goal, but no dice. I'll just have to wait til the semis.

I'm cheering for Italy in the tournament as a whole, BTW. Third-favourite team, behind England and France, and only slightly ahead of Argentina (yes, I know they're not in Euro, but WHATEVER, they still rock).

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/704680.stm

example of turk scum [bleep] for those who didnt know.

scum [bleep] arse hole awful knobs.

Shame to football tbh, shouldn't even be allowed into the tourny

Ooh the jealousy, you should've scored.

Turkey played till the bitter end, and 121.01 is still under the +1 minute because when Croatia scored they've celebrated it, so it's a 100% legit goal.

And meh, Croatia was disappointed, so they couldn't take the penaltys good, but I liked to response of Bilic, that's sports, you win some, you lose some.

Myself being a Turk I'm happy enough with the semi-finals, a great job done by Turkey indeed :thumbup:

(But another stunt against Germany would be ftw though :P)

99 Magic; achieved on 4-4-2009.

85 Slayer; achieved on 6-8-2009.

99 Defence; achieved on 14-8-2009.

99 Constitution; achieved on 12-3-2013.

99 Attack; achieved on 12-5-2013.

99 Slayer; achieved on 21-6-2013.

I came, I saw, I ran away.

osiris_1993.png

I saw the last few penalties in the Croatia v Turkey game on the news. 119 and 120 minute goals...What a boring 2 hours leading up to it... I can see why the crowds riot, I'd get annoyed to if nothing happened :)

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Well, Sar had his van Breukelen moment, so we're safe now. :)

We beat Sweden on penalties as well, a couple of years ago. But if you saw how Buffon stopped Mutu's penalty. :pray:

Great game by Germany. Portual didn't impress yesterday. I just can't understand why they kept firing those distant shots. It looked like every player of Portugal wanted to be the hero of the day, and forgot that there were 10 other Portugese in the field. I don't mind Portugal sent home. Portugal realy is an angstgegner for us.

Exactely! I was the only one saying that while watching the game with some friends, not even the analysts in the aftermath mentioned it. They fired like 15 shots that didn't even come close to just being on target and they didn't seem to care for a decent build-up towards a real chance. I regret Portugal being out of the tournament, but the way they f'ed up chances like that was just proof that they're not good enough to go through.

Oh, and yeah, Turkey should have never gotten to the semi's; they were extremely lucky in the qualifiers and now there even more lucky in the games that matter most. The Switzerland game, the Czech game and now the Croatia game. I'm starting to believe Allah may exist after all.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Suppose I'll be supporting Holland now as my only other betting friend has money on them. Got them early doors at 12/1 aswell. =D>

iteme3721.jpg

Uh, that's eight years ago.

Yup, and that [bleep] is already out of prison.

and it just typifies the Turks tbh.

Who are you to say that? Bad mouthing a whole country because of one persons mistake? If your going like that, then us english aren't any better are we? i.e. Michael Shields.

Thinks it's time for somebody to move on :)

:lol: 1-1, and Russia wins 3-1 on Extra time. Incredible match, but to be blunt, the Dutch sucked in this game for some reason.

This looks like the tournament of underdogs.

Tomorrow is no underdog game though: Italy vs Spain. This will be EXTREMELY difficult to bet on, and extremely fun to watch for fans.