The Euro 2008 tread! ~support siggys + poll! ~

fubol

Austria was so incredibly poor. It almost hurt my eyes. Portugal - Germany should be a nice quarter final. I hope Germany wins. I don't like Portugal (the football team).

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austria was so incredibly poor. It almost hurt my eyes. Portugal - Germany should be a nice quarter final. I hope Germany wins. I don't like Portugal (the football team).

Definitely one I'll be trying to catch, though I wont mind if Portugal win.

Still hoping Spain will go all the way though.

sig2ho7.jpg

Germany match was funny as hell, the Austrian coach started arguing and fighting with the German coach outside of the field and the referee cut off the game for about 2 mins & sent them both off the match :lol:

Definitely one I'll be trying to catch, though I wont mind if Portugal win.

Still hoping Spain will go all the way though.

spain ftw :thumbsup:

----

tread news:

100 posts!! :D \:D/

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Germany match was funny as hell, the Austrian coach started arguing and fighting with the German coach outside of the field and the referee cut off the game for about 2 mins & sent them both off the match :lol:

I think that was about as funny or exciting the match got. :lol:

Tonight should be better tho. I expect Holland to rest 5 or so players & atleast manage a draw with Romania. Romania will have to come out & attack more than they have done in the last couple of matches; which means Holland will be able to counter attack.

Now to Italy Vs France. It's pretty difficult to pick. But umm..I think I'll go with Italy to win. :lol:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

I hope France - Italy ties, or that Romania wins against Holland. Unfortunaly, both cases won't happen I think, Holland's on this roll thing, and I doubt they would be eager to throw a match. And France and Italy have too much riding on this one to tie.

If France is on a good day they'll win over this Italy I think.

I think Holland/Romania is a pretty certain 1X, Holland wins or it's a draw. Holland has already won 2 games, 3-0 and 4-1, why would they LOSE to Romania? :shock:

Italy-France seems like total coin-flip though. Maybe Italy will gain a slight advantage thanks to Buffon being the goalkeeper, we'll see. Afraid to place bets on that 1 though, two equally skilled teams battling it out, nobody has the clear advantage.

If you wanna bet on tonight's stuff, I'd recommend Holland/Romania match. Italy-France is more suitable for pure entertainment because it will be so tight. Will be interesting

What happens if Holland wins and Italy - France is a draw? Is Romania going to the quarter finals then? Italy and France have a goal difference of -3 both.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

What happens if Holland wins and Italy - France is a draw? Is Romania going to the quarter finals then? Italy and France have a goal difference of -3 both.

Yeah, if their goal difference is better, that's what matters.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

It depends if the draw between France and Italy is a 1-1 draw (or more), I believe. And then how many goals Romania scores against Holland and get against. I believe if it's a 0-0 draw and Romania loses they will still go trough.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

So let's say Italy - France is a 0-0 draw, and The Netherlands beats Romania with 3-0. Then there would be three teams with 2 points and a goal difference of -3.

So let's say Italy - France is a 0-0 draw, and The Netherlands beats Romania with 3-0. Then there would be three teams with 2 points and a goal difference of -3.

i actually hope that romania beats The Netherlands (that should be a miracle but u never know lol)

then italy is out of the tournament , and then all those italian peaple will cry (no , i'm not a racist , but that's the spain - italy thingy in football :P )

EDIT:111 posts :thumbsup:

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Im really looking forward to the match. Everybody was raving about it at work,

half of the employees were working in orange clothes/soccer shirts/brulshirts/etc. We are currently working on a new supermarket so no customers are allowed, the mood was great :)

I wouldnt bet on Holland - Romania if I would be a better.

Or they will lose to avoid France/Italy, or they will win.. just to win like they did against the rest.

I would say Holland will win looking at the facts/statistics, but I have no idea what they will do this time.

We will see it tonight. :geek:

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/italy/7460143.stm

That is a list of all the outcomes of this group.

Apparently Lilian Thuram and Willy Sagnol asked to be dropped as they are not mentally ready. Absolutely mental!

Mon Romania! :thumbsup:

iteme3721.jpg

that was so not a penalty , and neither a red card

...yes it was.

Domenech so clueless. Imagine, you are a goal down and down to ten men, who doesn't bring Boumsong on. :mrgreen:

He is basically a French Steve McClaren. Equally bad workman, just with much better tools.

iteme3721.jpg

Thankfully Holland won tonight, I was right in thinking the the so called B team would want to prove their worth.

that was so not a penalty , and neither a red card

He brings Toni down and gets nowhere near the ball. It's a stonewall penalty and the foul prevents a goalscoring opportunity so it's a red.

edit - Easy up on the smilies Wildy ffs.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Something I cannot begin to comprehend is how Boumsong manages to get in the squad & play as well; but Sylvain Distin whose a way better defender doesn't even manage to get into the squad (unless he was injured).

I think Henry was thinking if he can't score for France, he might as well score an own goal. Atleast it's a goal one way or another. :lol:

Toni could've had a hat trick easily. Is he ever gonna score? Tune in to find out on 22nd June Vs Spain, lol.

scarsrl0.jpg

Ouch, Holland Vs. Romania was boring compared to the other games. 9 points out of 3 games, what will come next? That referee is definitaly the man of the match. :)

Something I cannot begin to comprehend is how Boumsong manages to get in the squad & play as well; but Sylvain Distin whose a way better defender doesn't even manage to get into the squad (unless he was injured).

More importantly, how the f*** is Philippe Mexes not in the squad. He was one of the best defenders in Europe this season and definately the best French one.

Oh well, au revoir Domenech.

iteme3721.jpg

Haha, thanks for rubbing that loss in my face Bruno :lol:

Nevertheless... Could be making a tidy sum of that back with a nice 4x combo... So far going great, Italy & Holland win just as expected.. Now only thing left is draw or win for spain tomorrow, which should be pretty certain.

Ouch, Holland Vs. Romania was boring compared to the other games.

Didn't think the Holland game was that boring, maybe a bit slow you're right, but especially the 2nd goal was very skillful. Italy game was MUCH more entertaining though (kept switching channels, stayed on Italy vs France about 80%), and tons of action even after the red card.

More importantly, how the f*** is Philippe Mexes not in the squad. He was one of the best defenders in Europe this season and definately the best French one.

Oooh, I forgot about him.

Another thing is they didn't even let Flamini play a single minute.

scarsrl0.jpg