The Euro 2008 tread! ~support siggys + poll! ~

fubol

But doesn't that kind of make the system easy to cheat? The commentators could just agree to use a certain cliche before the match starts tonight, and share the information with their friends/families/business associates.

It'd be pretty easy profit and even easier to mask.. Just make a few incorrect bets on purpose, then a bit larger one on the "certain" outcome that was told to you.

Well, it would be easy if Motson and Lawrenson had an ounce of intelligence between them, but they dont. :mrgreen:

Where do you guys watch the games by the way?

Varies really, watched most at home on my own and some of the more important ones at friends houses. Then 2 or 3 at a bar while I've been in town. Tonights match is going to be at home since I'm nursing a hangover and don't feel up to going out.

Hoping for a Germany win but don't mind Spain and a good match is the most important thing. :D

iteme3721.jpg

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[bleep]ing crap ref!!

If he hadn't blown the wissle when Germany was in Spains penelty area in the end of the game it'd been 1-1! It was not correct by him to blow there.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Holland (Netherlands) & Portugal was my favs 'til they got knocked out, but I hope that Spain wins the final. \' :thumbsup:

(I bet they win 2-1 against Germany. ::' )

Z

*Edited some things*

I guess I was partly right, Spain won! \' :thumbsup:

Zzzuperman.jpeg

| 19,385th to 99 smithing on the 11th of June 2011. |

| 144,261st to 99 magic on the 2nd of September 2011. |

| Thanks for sig to DementedHero |

| Blog |

Worthy winners I'd say. Much better over the course of the tournament & the match.

The transfer market should be more active now. 48 days to go for the EPL. :lol:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

Worthy winners I'd say. Much better over the course of the tournament & the match.

The transfer market should be more active now. 48 days to go for the EPL. :lol:

Indeed, I guess you could say they owned Germany. ;)

@ hoffman44; Gf. :lol:

Zzzuperman.jpeg

| 19,385th to 99 smithing on the 11th of June 2011. |

| 144,261st to 99 magic on the 2nd of September 2011. |

| Thanks for sig to DementedHero |

| Blog |

Worthy winners indeed 8-) Was an interesting match, didn't bet on it because it was such a tight game to begin with. I hoped for Spain to win though.

But I agree with the above poster... Referee was a complete piece of garbage, or bribed. He was obliged to give a red card to the spaniard for bashing his head against a german player... Denied a penalty shot (ball clearly hit the players hand), and on the final minutes, cut off the game right as Germany was about to score. That kind of killed the excitement.

I cheered for Spain but the referee really made the game lamer than it would've been with a 'normal' ref.

[bleep] crap ref!!

If he hadn't blown the wissle when Germany was in Spains penelty area in the end of the game it'd been 1-1! It was not correct by him to blow there.

It was a really crap ref, sure, but he had to give the foul to Spain a second before that phase, his whistle just didn't work well at first ::'

And the header by Silva wasn't obvious, it was out of sight and I can't really blame all the refs for not having seen it. Spain was also denied a whole bunch of fouls, which means the ref is just not worthy to whistle these kind of games, he wasn't biased.

I remember a phase where Mertesacker (or another German, didn't quite see it clearly) stepped on Fabregas when he fell down in a duel with him. It was obviously not by accident and it should've been red too. It wasn't even seen by the ref.

I'm very glad Spain won, or actually I'm just glad Germany didn't.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Germany was really bad yesterday. They didn't impress me troughout the tournament either (against Portugal was their only good match IMO), but this final was really weak. Spain didn't play their best match either, but they deserved to win this one. Best team from the tournament, for sure.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

ole!! spain ftw!!!

well i just hate that ref , how can you be that stupid

i was happy about the thingy at the end tough, but for example , he gave casillas a yellow card cus he was asking what was happening ...

fwu62d.png

(he first gave one to ballack)

he has al rights to ask that as he is captain ..

at all , it was nice to win after 44 years .

gf all ::'

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

i was happy about the thingy at the end tough, but for example , he gave casillas a yellow card cus he was asking what was happening .

Heh, sometimes I wonder what the headset is for... Not all that innocent I'd bet. Perhaps rigging the entire match is too risky, but there's tons of other ways the referee/a mafia/etc. could profit from controlling events in the game..

Like giving over 3 yellow cards in the match. That stuff gets good odds, I'd be surprised if this ref. *wasn't* being influenced by someone else. Sadly money controls nearly everything these days.

Still, pretty good game, even though quite dry goal-wise ::'

i was happy about the thingy at the end tough, but for example , he gave casillas a yellow card cus he was asking what was happening .

Heh, sometimes I wonder what the headset is for... Not all that innocent I'd bet. Perhaps rigging the entire match is too risky, but there's tons of other ways the referee/a mafia/etc. could profit from controlling events in the game..

Like giving over 3 yellow cards in the match. That stuff gets good odds, I'd be surprised if this ref. *wasn't* being influenced by someone else. Sadly money controls nearly everything these days.

Still, pretty good game, even though quite dry goal-wise ::'

the ref i like the most is lubos michel

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Just lost $50 to my poker buddy.I'm not that disappointed,though.Germany played,I dunno quite honestly they seemed cocky to me.And I can easily get it back from him.His poker face for good cards- :? Bad cards- :roll: ...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Ref called crap.

After the game I saw Spanish people celebrating in a Mercedes.

I lol'd

Shivan.png

It's called the "Grand Exchange," and not the "Grand Alwaysatyourservicetodoyourbidding,regardlessoftheneedsofothers," for a reason.

107,992 to 99 cooking

96,545 to 99 fletching

24,699 to 99 smithing

I would indeed be happy if someone stopped spreading cancer all over this place. Even though it tends to be funny to read, but not as much when someone who demands people to make way for him comes along and decides to call others arrogant.

What was everyone's favourite moments/matches then?

My top 3:

3. Germany 3-2 Portugal because I won £40 on Schweinsteiger as first scorer and I'm not a fan of Portugal.

2. Croatia 2-1 Germany because it seemed like my bet on Croatia was a good one.

1. Holland 4-1 France was an awesome game. It was mad when Henry scored a great goal glancing it across before Holland ran up the other end and Robben scoring. Then there was Sneijder's awesome goal at the end. Great match.

iteme3721.jpg

You're getting great odds from Paddypower on the first BBC commentary cliche to be used during the game game. 20-1 on that somebody mentions 'Underachievers" first.

Lmao I won on that bet!

It took until this morning until be confirmed, I missed the first few seconds of the game so I didn't know if I'd won myself. I just wish now that I had put more on it.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

What was everyone's favourite moments/matches then?

My top 3:

3. Germany 3-2 Portugal because I won £40 on Schweinsteiger as first scorer and I'm not a fan of Portugal.

2. Croatia 2-1 Germany because it seemed like my bet on Croatia was a good one.

1. Holland 4-1 France was an awesome game. It was mad when Henry scored a great goal glancing it across before Holland ran up the other end and Robben scoring. Then there was Sneijder's awesome goal at the end. Great match.

3) Germany - Turkey (3-2): Another dramatic game where it seemed the Turks would once again turn the tables in the final minutes, but the German willpower was too much for them. I really enjoyed seeing the persistance of a team with half of the players injured and the other half not being in the core team. The Germans did beat them however, and I'm also glad that they did, because lady Luck had been with the Ottomans too much already, from the qualifications up to that semi-final.

2) Holland - France (4-1): As you mentioned it was obviously a wonderful game for everyone (but for the French): tons of exitement, fantastic football and a pretty fair game too, which is something I care about as well.

1) Holland - Italy (3-0): I'm a Holland fan and Holland is so often the team that performs well when their fans do not expect them to, and that match was the clearest example of it. I was thrilled to see them obliterating the world champions, it lit up the orange fire that was pretty dim the last couple of years. Everyone suddenly hopped on the orange bandwagon and celebrated as one, which is exactely what the lowlands needed. These games that unite are better any other kind of game. Football at it's most beautiful.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg