The Euro 2008 tread! ~support siggys + poll! ~

fubol

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was wrong. :mrgreen:

Hoping for a good final now, thinking Spain will win but me predicting that could be the kiss of death for them. :mrgreen:

Hoping for a German win though.

iteme3721.jpg

Russia to tear Spain apart going by that.

Like how their opening match happened :lol: Italy is more of a threat than Russia will ever be

Called it :lol: :thumbsup: \' =D>

You may have called, but saying Italy have more of an attacking threat then russia make's lose your credibility.

Though to be fair luca toni has been scaring defences all tournament

You may have called, but saying Italy have more of an attacking threat then russia make's lose your credibility.

Italy kept Spain on its toes all the way to the PSO. Russia lost to Spain TWICE with a 3 point gap.

I never said specifically said "attacking". Italy was the world champion just two years ago. Russia is nothing. Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin can't keep carrying the team to the end.

Russia didn't have much to say yesterday. But that's mainlt due to Spain's good work. Arshavin and Zhyrkov couldn't do much the entire match. And those are where the danger comes from. Spain played excellent again. Hope they will win the final. But somebody once said "a match takes 90 minutes. And then the Germans have won." . They are always lucky.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Please tell me that's a joke. :mrgreen:

No. i'm deadly serious, i'm betting that spain are more relieved then anyone that they won't have to the face the goal machine that is Luca Toni

:roll:

Italy kept Spain on its toes all the way to the PSO. Russia lost to Spain TWICE with a 3 point gap.

I never said specifically said "attacking". Italy was the world champion just two years ago. Russia is nothing. Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin can't keep carrying the team to the end.

Fair enough, but italy didn't become the world champions being the best team in the tournament. I seem to remember a lot luck coming into play

Please tell me that's a joke. :mrgreen:

No. i'm deadly serious, i'm betting that spain are more relieved then anyone that they won't have to the face the goal machine that is Luca Toni

:roll:

Luis Aragones, the head coach of Spain, openly expressed they wish they could've faced any other nation in the quarter finals than Italy, they won the game eventually on penalty shootout. Penalties are more or less lottery, so that's pretty lucky too (regardless of the winner).

wow , yesterday was so cool lol

spain won and me and another 500+ peaple where on the streets celebrating(that is alot as it is not in spain)

now to the finals :thumbsup:

-----

[hide=note to BlueLancer]can u set the values of the poll at 0 again? and let it say "who will win the final" ,thanks ;)[/hide]

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Holland (Netherlands) & Portugal was my favs 'til they got knocked out, but I hope that Spain wins the final. \' :thumbsup:

(I bet they win 2-1 against Germany. ::' )

Z

*Edited some things*

Zzzuperman.jpeg

| 19,385th to 99 smithing on the 11th of June 2011. |

| 144,261st to 99 magic on the 2nd of September 2011. |

| Thanks for sig to DementedHero |

| Blog |

Just don't bet too high on 'exact score' markets :lol: The bookies have it all figured out with mathematical formulas (which do hold up) and likely scenarios... Basing on past performance, injuries, weather, formations, etc... The ideal/most probable score is from zero goals to around 1-1 to 2-1/1-2 to either team, hence the low odds but surprises are always possible in sports.

Almost certainly wont be a 3-goal difference for Spain like in the last game, but time will show.

You're getting great odds from Paddypower on the first BBC commentary cliche to be used during the game game. 20-1 on that somebody mentions 'Underachievers" first.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

You're getting great odds from Paddypower on the first BBC commentary cliche to be used during the game game. 20-1 on that somebody mentions 'Underachievers" first.

We used to bet on when the commentators would mention England. It's usually around the 10-15 minute mark. ;)

sig2ho7.jpg

i'm going already cya , hope my tread gets 300 posts and that spain wins \' ;)

thanks to :

-Bluelancer

-Angryjoe

-How2PK

- all others i forgot to mention

thanks for this month of posting alot on this tread

special thanks to psvstef for letting me use his usersig

~fubol ::'

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Lmao, they even have "blackout bets". (Will the broadcast be interrupted for at least 1 min, etc.) Paddypower has a great sense of humor actually.

But doesn't that kind of make the system easy to cheat? The commentators could just agree to use a certain cliche before the match starts tonight, and share the information with their friends/families/business associates.

It'd be pretty easy profit and even easier to mask.. Just make a few incorrect bets on purpose, then a bit larger one on the "certain" outcome that was told to you.

Wow, so many posts & such a famous 'tread'. :lol:

Hoping for a good match tonight. Been a really fun tournament.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

Oh, finals tonight. I can't wait! Hope Spain is going to win, but so far every team I 'cheered' for has lost. So, I'm going to cheer for Germany, and in this way I hope that Spain will win. Yes, yes.

Where do you guys watch the games by the way?

You're welcome, Fubol. It was a nice thread and your enthusiasm is great!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!