Best metal/screamo bands?

m0nkeym0j030

I'm somewhat new to this genre.. Alesana and as i lay dying have kept me intrested.. So please reccomend some good bands of these genres? *dont correct me if my genre knowledge is wrong*

(bleep) All haters I see, Cause I hate that you breath, I see you duck you little punk you lil freakin disease.

I cant say I know any screamo bands but for metal - Dream Theater, Opeth, Strapping Young Lad, Meshuggah, Behemoth and Machine Head are all fairly accessible.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I cant say I know any screamo bands but for metal - Dream Theater, Opeth, Strapping Young Lad, Meshuggah, Behemoth and Machine Head are all fairly accessible.

I love Machine Head. Their old stuff is more nu-metal(still good in my opinion, many will disagree), but the two latest albums(Through The Ashes of Empires and The Blackening)are pure win. Behemoth is decent black metal too. You might want to check out Nile and Cannibal Corpse. Both awesome death metal bands. Nevermore is one of my favorites right. Just straight up, headbangin' metal.

Harmonicdoom.png

o i saw opeth and dream theater live like last week or so and saw machine head way back last year of all three Opeth best performance. If you like as i lay dying you might august burns red, killswitch engage, and daylight dies. These two bands aren't screamo but they are metal and they are two of my favorite metal bands Lamb of God and Children of Bodom i would highly recommend you try them out.

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

Metal = <3

Im a fan of Finnish bands, so i suppose most you of wont have heard of any of these.

Diablo. Sentenced.Turisas.Korpiklaani.Sabaton.Draconian. Kiuas.

Oh, and i suppose stuff like Trivium, Faerghail, Finntroll, God Forbid. :D

NecroOne.jpg

Iamanarab - 119/110 Combat - 1700+ Total - P2P for the moment

Drops: [3] Dragon Legs [2] Shield Left Half [1] Draconic Visage

Lamb of God

Machine Fckin Head!

Chimaira

God Forbid

Divine Heresy

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Dethklok! Just kidding. There are different subgenres of metal. You have Gothic for one, love metal, etc.

Assuming you want screaming, try out classic ones such as Metallica or maybe a fake one such as Dethklok (virtual band).

If you wanna try out the virtual band, Dethklok, listen to:

Murmaider

Awaken

Coffee

It's kind of a funny band because it comes off of the show Metalocalypse on Adult Swim.

Slayer is a good one. It's death metal. Black Label Society is another. Dir En Grey is another, but it's hardcore J-metal. Lots of screaming though.

Goth bands include

Inkubus Sukkubus (wiccan band, doubt if you'll like them)

HIM (love metal, heartagram logo)

The 69 Eyes (very good and different)

Marilyn Manson

Poisonblack

A good screaming genre you might like is emocore. It's a cross between hardcore and punk.

Emocore bands:

Alexisonfire

Jimmy Eat World

My Chemical Romance

Other bands:

Slipknot (hella lot of screaming)

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Darkthrone -- and only Darkthrone.
Darkthrone are awesome, sure, but hard to get into. Truly amazing to listen to after a while, though.

No 'best' bands, but here are a few from the subgenres I know about:

- Metal

-- Power Metal

--- Blind Guardian

--- Gamma Ray

--- Sonata Arctica

-- Symphonic Metal

--- Nightwish (please avoid Dark Passion Play, not a good example)

-- Progressive Metal

--- Dream Theater

--- Porcupine Tree

-- Melodeath/Melodic Black

--- Children of Bodom

--- Dimmu Borgir

-- Technical Death

--- Opeth

Should get you started metal wise.

-- Technical Death

--- Opeth

Lol.

Anyways, I actually really like Dark Passion Play, and I can't stand their earlier stuff (Tarja annoys me to death).

Everything on that list except for Dimmu Borgir is good though.

May I recommend Pain of Salvation and Protest the Hero? In particular, the albums Remedy Lane and Fortress, respectively.

-- Technical Death

--- Opeth

Lol.

Progressive death = technical death; unless you call Opeth progressive metal. They're both right but personally I think tech death suits them more if I have to categorise.

Anyways, I actually really like Dark Passion Play, and I can't stand their earlier stuff (Tarja annoys me to death).
I think it's dire, and not because of Anette's voice. I like her voice; it's even beautiful at times (Eva, The Poet and the Pendulum); but the music on the album is all dumbed down and just plain boring; it seems like they've almost joined the crowd of bands that tried to copy their sound. Come on, Tuomas. Pull your socks up.

Angels Fall First is an underrated Nightwish gem. My favourite and in my opinion, their very best album especially when compared to the sellout that was Century Child. (And I can understand if you don't like Tarja if you've listened to Wishmaster and Century Child.) Oceanborn is good and so is Once.

Everything on that list except for Dimmu Borgir is good though.
I actually quite enjoy Dimmu Borgir. I'm not a poser or anything -- I like what I hear, especially For All Tid and Stormblåst.

-- Technical Death

--- Opeth

Lol.

Progressive death = technical death; unless you call Opeth progressive metal. They're both right but personally I think tech death suits them more if I have to categorise.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Opeth isn't very Death at all. The only element of Death that they really have is growling, and vocals don't make up a genre alone.

I think it's dire, and not because of Anette's voice. I like her voice; it's even beautiful at times (Eva, The Poet and the Pendulum); but the music on the album is all dumbed down and just plain boring; it seems like they've almost joined the crowd of bands that tried to copy their sound. Come on, Tuomas. Pull your socks up.

I didn't notice that last time I listened to the album, but I'll check out Oceanborn if the vocals aren't wishmaster annoying (which is why I don't like Tarja).

In Flames

Billy Talent has some "Screamo" songs.

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+