A mutes view on W160 and Quick chat.

Yohbilleh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over a year ago, my main [mr_moocky] was perminently muted for autoing. I didn't click the 'log out' button before changing worlds using a program called swift switch [the program was legal at the time]. Apparently, jagex didn't like that. I quit playing for a year, but I couldn't help it, I had to come back. So I made a new account on the 9th of last month. Not even a week into my new account, quick chat comes out. I didn't even bother trying my main. I couldn't stand not being able to say things. I've been going full throttle, and my new account [mrmoocky] is now 75 combat, after a month and 5 days.

quit

I feel really sorry for you. I would hate to use quick-chat only. The quick-chat provides me an opportunity to spam...thats all.

You must hate it too. So much dedication to play on after being muted.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Muted ppl are ppl too. i mean really sometimes u just dont pay attention to what you are saying... Aparently telling someone to go burn in hell deserved a temp mute, not that i noticed since i was smelting in tha ghost place, but still i didnt really think much of it but apparently someone was offended(i was talking to my brother in private and forgot to hit his name :o )

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

:)

i was muted for a few months until summoning came out and jagex finally relised i hadnt really done anything wqrong lol...

Since then ive been farily carefull with wahat i say and have been muted like 4-5 times for 2 days by mods (someone in lightning chat hates me lol) anyway for these few days quick chat world is great lol

I like the new worlds. It's a chance for mutes to become unmuted. It appeals to me, because I do other things than RuneScape, like Tif, and other forums. So I don't neccerarily have to talk, which is a bonus. XD

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

Muted ppl are ppl too. i mean really sometimes u just dont pay attention to what you are saying... Aparently telling someone to go burn in hell deserved a temp mute, not that i noticed since i was smelting in tha ghost place, but still i didnt really think much of it but apparently someone was offended(i was talking to my brother in private and forgot to hit his name :o )

If you lack the intelligence or thought to pay attention to what you are saying, you really shouldn't be playing RuneScape. Maybe Club Penguin, but that's pushing it on the maturity scale. Probably too mature.

[English translation needed]

• 4 weeks later...
Honestly, mutes didn't deserve something this elaborate. I mean, if you want to talk, don't get muted in the first place. It's not terribly difficult....... :?

QFE.

You have to read the rules before you start playing, and if something 'slips out', it's your own fault. It's not like Jagex is cutting out your tongue; they're just making sure nothing else 'slips out'.