What skill could YOU live without?

nightzero

Wow, I'm surprised 3 people chose Fishing as a skill they can't live without, probably cause they're rich lol.

Firemaking for me too, I usually just use normal logs to cook lol, yet I still wonder why I lvled it O_O

Or they use other skills to make money ::'

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firemaking. What the hell is the point?

I would definitely play just as happily if not more without Summoning.

QFT.

Understandable, since you're unranked. :roll: If you can't even try the fruits of summoning (or hell, even see some pictures of what familiars can do for people [monster hunting for instance]) you shouldn't make a comment like that :thumbdown:

There are already 1,000,000 people with 63 summoning? (I'm ranked 25,642, at the moment, and am getting 6 levels today, oddly enough.)

Summoning has it's good points, but it's in no way worth the effort if it was put forth independently. I train it to shut people up about it, but I hate it. Sure, a bunyip is quite useful, but is that worth the hours and hours of charm hunting, and money gathering time that it requires? Not to mention the annoying frustrations of the time limit and such once you DO have 68 summoning.

I was happy enough before, and I barely ever use it for anything but adding some more levels to my total. Summoning is a tacked on, hyped up skill, that's not worth it's salt. I'd like to see one familiar that on it's own can make back the cash lost making it, without spending a month collecting egg spawn eggs.

There are 3 widely used summons. Bunyips, unicorns, and ). The War Tortoise sure is nice for armadyl soloing, but it'd take a hell of a lot of effort to make back the couple mil sunk into getting that level. And if you do, say, get an Armadyl Helm solo, it's not like the Tortoise did it on it's own.

Agility, Combat, Construction, Cooking, Crafting, Farming, Firemaking, Fishing, Fletching, Herblore, Hunter, Magic, Mining, Prayer, Ranged, Runecrafting, Slayer, Smithing, Summoning, Thieving, and Woodcutting... all very useless skills.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

thieving and firemaking, both have no contribution to the game, firemaking keeps the price of logs up though i suppose

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

Firemaking. What the hell is the point?

QFT.

Understandable, since you're unranked. :roll: If you can't even try the fruits of summoning (or hell, even see some pictures of what familiars can do for people [monster hunting for instance]) you shouldn't make a comment like that :thumbdown:

There are already 1,000,000 people with 63 summoning? (I'm ranked 25,642, at the moment, and am getting 6 levels today, oddly enough.)

Summoning has it's good points, but it's in no way worth the effort if it was put forth independently. I train it to shut people up about it, but I hate it. Sure, a bunyip is quite useful, but is that worth the hours and hours of charm hunting, and money gathering time that it requires? Not to mention the annoying frustrations of the time limit and such once you DO have 68 summoning.

I was happy enough before, and I barely ever use it for anything but adding some more levels to my total. Summoning is a tacked on, hyped up skill, that's not worth it's salt. I'd like to see one familiar that on it's own can make back the cash lost making it, without spending a month collecting egg spawn eggs.

There are 3 widely used summons. Bunyips, unicorns, and ). The War Tortoise sure is nice for armadyl soloing, but it'd take a hell of a lot of effort to make back the couple mil sunk into getting that level. And if you do, say, get an Armadyl Helm solo, it's not like the Tortoise did it on it's own.

I think he means the person you quoted ;)

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Heh. But we were both saying the same thing. Although I'm sure the person I quoted didn't have the exact same problem with summoning as me, we both dislike it. :P

By the way, 70 summon now.

Heh. But we were both saying the same thing. Although I'm sure the person I quoted didn't have the exact same problem with summoning as me, we both dislike it. :P

By the way, 70 summon now.

Hmmm for someone who dislikes it, 70 isnt a bad level :P. But I dont plan on raising it above 68, imo bunyip and terrorbirds are gonna be my main summons.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

I hate summoning, but it would be ridiculous for someone with a low summoning level to make such harsh judgment on it. As Heavendor said.

I'm 70, which is decent. I can use bunyips, war tortoises, fruit bats, etc... but nothing has changed my mind. Even though I haven't been able to try out the unicorn yet, which is supposed to be a near be-all-end-all, the 91 RC of the summoning world, I still wouldn't find it worth the hours upon hours, and millions of gp poured into the pit that is Summoning.

Well, the most useless skill. honestly, it has to be Firemaking. There is so little that you can do with that skill, it isn't funny. sure there's lamps, but nothing that if removed, would change the game in any dramatic way. Not like fishing, or range, or fletching.. there's a lot of skills that are important. Firemaking, it's pretty much a waste. Heck, even though you spend more money on summoning, even that has more of a point to it than firemaking.

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

Well, the most useless skill. honestly, it has to be Firemaking. There is so little that you can do with that skill, it isn't funny. sure there's lamps, but nothing that if removed, would change the game in any dramatic way. Not like fishing, or range, or fletching.. there's a lot of skills that are important. Firemaking, it's pretty much a waste. Heck, even though you spend more money on summoning, even that has more of a point to it than firemaking.

Lol fletching doesnt really change the game in any dramatic way either >.>

But to each his own...actually fletching and rcing arent that important with infinite stocks in shops and monster drops.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

I could live without herby, slayer, agil, hunter, crafting, farming, summoning, and all the other p2p skills. I have been f2p since 2004, not changing now

ps, i dont like crafting.

but if you were member, would your answer be the same?

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Fletching easily...there's just nothing to it, and the only helpful part of it is making bows to alch..it doesn't actually make anything that people use reguarlily.

firemaking: special abilities with pyrelogs etc. can be gained through total level, quest points, specific quests, doing certain things ingame etc.

cooking: people pay to get the xp on any of the fish, rendering the skill itself useless other than as an achievement.

Fletching: people pay to get the xp on almost all kinds of bows, rendering the skill itself useless other than as an achievement.

smithing: there is no profit in the skill, or the profit is so insignificiant it renders the skill itself uselsss other than as an ahcievement.

Herblore: people pay for all the xp within the skill. It renders the skill itself uselsss other than as an ahcievement.

Theiving: no particular uses within the game. it renders the skill itself uselsss other than as an ahcievement.

Hunter: if it were more of a gathering skill it would be worth it, call it "hunter/gathering" and make picking flax, collecting snapegrass etc. part of the skill and it would work. as of now, other than 83 for dragon imps, and chinchompas, the rest of the skill is a waste in my oppinion.

why choose a skill when you could get rid of 7 without really changing anything within the game? resetting them, or re-releasing these skills could change things around.

again, theoretic standpoint, know none of this will happen.

Firemaking, it could use a massive overhaul to get some use. It'd be great if all the money-losing skills could become money-making again, but then it would only increase inflation and everyone would have tons of money...

Cooking it pointless too, except for levels and xp. Could just have anyone cook food for me if I wanted, or buy it cooked for cheaper. It's never worth fishing and cooking your own unless you don't have the skills to do some better money-making...

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

After the efficient training method to get to 99 ranged with chinchompas was made slower, then that would probably make hunter a stat that could be lived without, since there really isn't that great of a demand as before...

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

After the efficient training method to get to 99 ranged with chinchompas was made slower, then that would probably make hunter a stat that could be lived without, since there really isn't that great of a demand as before...

actually the chinchompa thing is about to get fixed, hence chinchompas skyrocketed.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?