What skill could YOU live without?

nightzero

firemaking.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't pick out of Firemaking, Fletching or Theving.

I do enjoy Thieving through Pyramid Plunder, but it still doesn't really have any great use within the game.

The others I find boring, and just a waste of money.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

hmm...i'de go with hunter or construction...i hate them both so very much. #-o

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

Firemaking definitely. Waste of money for no point. Second would be Hunter.

The skill I like the most is Construction - 72 con. Just like to spend on my house.

1600+ Total.

18.3m/25m - DFS (or maybe a BGS)

Definitely FIREMAKING!

Besides the fact that it is a pure money waster, it gives almost no benefits.

I despise Firemaking. :lol:

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

Runecrafting by far. I'm almost 70+ all stats (only need Thieving, Agility, and Runecrafting), and I don't think I'll ever have the patience to even get Runecrafting to 70. I lost interest in Runecrafting as soon as I had to do multiple trips to level.

Firemaking has to be the second - you "max out" the skill at level 75, and even that level isn't significant in terms of use. Most skills have a main goal you go for apart from the skillcape, Firemaking just isn't one of those skills. One of a kind. Only skill that has no use whatsoever. The only true uses it has is making a fire to cook on (you could just use an everlasting fire or a range instead) and Shades of Mort'ton, which still doesn't qualify as a decent use. At least Cooking and Fletching have uses (Cooking a passive effect of burning less and Fletching has uses up to level 95, I believe).

usctrojanscopyde6.jpg

Firemaking and woodcutting were the first two skills I started training (I got 50 firemaking when all my other skills except woodcutting were under 40, and most under 30) and it was actually fun to cut willows in Draynor and burn, burn, BURN 'em all! :thumbsup: It was in late '05 and early '06 I think. I got my firemaking to 56 back then, and in 2,5 years I've only got 2 more levels :D

But, I think farming is the most useless skill.

Firemaking definitely. It has almost absolutely no purpose. Burning shades, lighting candles and torches? Jagex could take out firemaking and let us do these things without the useless moneywaster of a skill.

Whips:3

Dragon Boots:23

GWD Drops: 1xBandos Hilt, 1xBandos Tassets.

I could live without farming....what benefit do I get from growing trees?

Lol surely someone with 80 farming realizes that its not just trees. althought it is nice to have a magic tree that you dont have to compete for. Or making money off of herbs. although i find bushes and hops pretty useless.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Lol surely someone with 80 farming realizes that its not just trees. althought it is nice to have a magic tree that you dont have to compete for. Or making money off of herbs. although i find bushes and allotment pretty useless.

Bushes, are for some part, useless. But the ability to grow Whiteberry/Jangerberry helps. Also, how else would you get Poisonivy berries for those weapon poisons.

Allotment, not useless. Sweetcorn is a part of a food that heals 22 and baskets of strawberries are somewhat popular.

What I do find useless (to the most extent) are Hops.

Need a new signature....perhaps...

Lol surely someone with 80 farming realizes that its not just trees. althought it is nice to have a magic tree that you dont have to compete for. Or making money off of herbs. although i find bushes and allotment pretty useless.

Bushes, are for some part, useless. But the ability to grow Whiteberry/Jangerberry helps. Also, how else would you get Poisonivy berries for those weapon poisons.

Allotment, not useless. Sweetcorn is a part of a food that heals 22 and baskets of strawberries are somewhat popular.

What I do find useless (to the most extent) are Hops.

oops my bad i meant hops not allotments, as sweetcorn is pretty useful as well as strawberries like u said.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

firemaking: special abilities with pyrelogs etc. can be gained through total level, quest points, specific quests, doing certain things ingame etc.

cooking: people pay to get the xp on any of the fish, rendering the skill itself useless other than as an achievement.

Fletching: people pay to get the xp on almost all kinds of bows, rendering the skill itself useless other than as an achievement.

smithing: there is no profit in the skill, or the profit is so insignificiant it renders the skill itself uselsss other than as an ahcievement.

Herblore: people pay for all the xp within the skill. It renders the skill itself uselsss other than as an ahcievement.

Theiving: no particular uses within the game. it renders the skill itself uselsss other than as an ahcievement.

Hunter: if it were more of a gathering skill it would be worth it, call it "hunter/gathering" and make picking flax, collecting snapegrass etc. part of the skill and it would work. as of now, other than 83 for dragon imps, and chinchompas, the rest of the skill is a waste in my oppinion.

why choose a skill when you could get rid of 7 without really changing anything within the game? resetting them, or re-releasing these skills could change things around.

again, theoretic standpoint, know none of this will happen.

Yep, thats my point, so many skills are useless other than for having a nice 99 cape.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?