What skill could YOU live without?

nightzero

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could definitely live without range.

This is pretty much just a bias view, so just a warning.

I hate this skill with a burning passion. I feel as though it is useless because anything that I can do with Range, I can do with melee or mage, so I don't see the point of the skill. I feel as though it is extremely slow, even though xp per hour isn't too slow. This skill just annoys me and is one of the only skills in the game I wish could be gone. :lol:

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Firemaking by far :P

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

Probably firemaking, but I'd rather that they'd just update it. Make fires last longer. Make it possible to do something interesting with burning magic logs, you know it makes sense.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I hate this skill with a burning passion. I feel as though it is useless because anything that I can do with Range, I can do with melee or mage, so I don't see the point of the skill. I feel as though it is extremely slow, even though xp per hour isn't too slow. This skill just annoys me and is one of the only skills in the game I wish could be gone. :lol:

I 100% agree with you on that. I'm not just saying that because range is my lowest combat skill and that Im lazy to train it. ;)

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Lol, i'm gonna have to say that sure melee is better in some cases, but imo range>mage. Range is more cost-efficient and with the bolt uptade range is actually pretty good for pvp. And of course imagine fire capes without range :ohnoes:

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

I could live without summoning.

Its completely useless skill.

Even firemaking is better IMO.

I HEARD YOU LIEK MUDKIPS

Runescape is mostly 13+ with just a few under that age.

Drops: Bones

I could do without ranged, it hasn't been much use to me in combat...

Melee=kill stuff effectively

Mage=kill stuff creatively

Range... :wall: I don't really see anything special about it tbh. Just my opinion.

redarrows-1.png

Range... :wall: I don't really see anything special about it tbh. Just my opinion.

eh...try maging kree then you will see why range is in the game...umm no i don't recommend that you melee kree...lol

on top of allowing you to deal great damage from afar, range is also in this game to balance it up...the combat triangle if you know what i'm talking about...without range magers would be freezing meleers and meleers would be...dead but with range, *whips out dark bow for ownage*

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

I suppose range does help, maybe I just don't use it enough because too many people choose melee for pvp. Ok enough about that, firemaking was always the most useless skill in my eyes. Wow you can light magic logs when you get it high enough. fm is only good for shade/vyre burning imo. No offence to people dedicated enough to get 99, of course.

redarrows-1.png

lol you mean

Mage=kill stuff from afar expensively

Range=kill stuff from afar cheaply

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Uses, yes, but not practical ones. Unicorn, bunyip, and pack yak are indeed all quite awesome, but I wouldn't say they're worth all the time and money it takes to get them, not to mention how user unfriendly they are once you have them.

Well... I guess people'd pay 100m for a unicorn. But really, we'd be happy without them.

They're completely different skills. :P

Hunter, as I said, was a gathering skill, which is pretty cool. But it should've been made an extremely slow skill. Like, 90 xp per red chin.

Summoning is expensive, unrewarding (unless many many extreme tweaks happen), and fast, in which case fast is bad, as it means even MORE max total people in the high scores.

We're in need a slow, self improvement skill. But we at least didn't get another money pit until Summoning.

Firemaking is turly a useless skill. Its like fartmaking, pointless and a complete waste of time. Take it out. If you chop the wood, you can light it.

I could "live" without all of them, they're not hooked up to my heart, if they're gone, I'm still alive.

But tbh, you could make an arguement in that all the skills are useless, depending on who yuo are. You could say with Pray, Defence is useless; or with the Grand Exchange, Mining, Woodcutting, Fletching and even Cooking are useless. But tbh, I can't say any of them are useless, sure I hate some of them, but I still train the skill, because I need the materials it offers.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge