What skill could YOU live without?

nightzero

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thieving. I hate it. It's stupid and pointless imo. But thats just my opinion. Fm in all reality really is the most pointless. The ONLY thing it really lets you do is make fires and light lamps. It seems a waste of time to make an entire skill out of it, but whatever. Some people like training it for fun, so it isn't that bad.

Blakdragon39.png

There's a few skills I could live without

Hunting for one... although i've got lvl 99, I've never used it before or after for anything useful at all.

Firemaking... shade burning was useful back in the day, but now there's nothing going for this skill

Smithing... the best armour you can smith is rune, even noobs turn their nose up at rune armour these days.

Mining... as above^

The rest of the skills I enjoy and use regularily :)

Harrington.gif

Truly id say firemaking is truly pointless too....just an extremely easy skillcape...

other than that the only point of this stat is so u dont have to travel anywhere to cook ur food...

but only if u have the req equipment with u.....and also for the req for quests

Summoning hands down.

Honesty, I got 80 in it yet I only use the bird the to haul stuff and renew my run.

I used to use super energy pot before and I'm used to setting up routes near banks for the 3 years I played before it.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

There's a few skills I could live without

Hunting for one... although i've got lvl 99, I've never used it before or after for anything useful at all.

Firemaking... shade burning was useful back in the day, but now there's nothing going for this skill

Smithing... the best armour you can smith is rune, even noobs turn their nose up at rune armour these days.

Mining... as above^

The rest of the skills I enjoy and use regularily :)

Other than chinchompas, i find hunter pretty useless as well.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Hitpoints...who needs it? It'd be much funner and more interesting to pk with 1 hitpoints constantly. :lol:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I would never want any skill removed. More skills makes the game more dynamic and fun. I like all skills and know that they all play an integral part to the game.

Skillers ftw. :mrgreen:

Personally, I can live without agility. I hate it. Embarrassed to be only 64 agility at whatever combat level I am, but whatever. Honestly, when do you ever need agility? I can get anywhere without it, and not to seem greedy or whatever but my terrorbird or energy pots do me just fine.

Ugh i hate that skill

and not to seem greedy or whatever but my terrorbird or energy pots do me just fine.

Yes, and please tell me exactly HOW Tireless Run works without an Agility level?

Hmm good call.... crap. Well I still hate agility. And hey don't be mean!

Gotta be firemaking. Just because you take out the skill doesn't mean you can't burn things, it would just mean you can't level up to burn more things. You can use a spade without a digging skill, so you should be able to use a tinderbox without a firemaking skill. And just because something needs to be lit to be used doesn't mean you have to light it yourself--look at the many furnaces burning around Runescape. With the exception of those in Piscatoris, Meiyerditch, and Burgh de Rott, they're all tinderbox-free. Your lanterns could simply be lit automatically, and mining helmets could be changed to require completion of Lost Tribe.

That only leaves your funeral pyres. Well, pyre ships already have a crafting requirement. You can then simply put a prayer requirement on the different pyre logs for shade and vyrewatch burning.

Of course, a much much better idea would be to actually add some worthwhile content.

Actually, you know what? One of my goals now is to max out my Ivandis Flail. So I guess that I personally would miss fm if it was gone. I'm changing my pick to fletching. It's only really good for ammo, and if I can smith an axe with a handle already on it, I think I can smith bolts with feathers already attached.

Firemaking -- Jagex doesn't like to update useless skills.

Slayer -- The skill is only usefull for getting total level and monster drops. In which, the monster drops could have been from normal monsters if Jagex hadn't of wasted their time on the skill.

Farming -- Just a useless skill all around. Herbs should of stayed hard to get so that when you got a herb from a monster you actually picked it up, rather than right clicking and checking to see if it is a ranarr.

Hunter -- It's just not a fun skill

Construction -- A skill to show off how rich you were when you had the money to level it up...though you wont have any money afterwards...

Youre right about slayer. Ill take it a step further. It was only created by Jagex to keep us from afc training combat skills. They also wanted to control what monsters we chose to kill to get those lvls. Well, I trained the way I wanted to anyway then got back to the skill later only for skill total sake. I think the 1st 50 lvls were juna for me if I remember correctly.

Hunter was another excuse to make a new skill that could have been done with another existing skill. I hate all that clicking anyway.

Firemaking like others said earlier they could have just given us the ability to do it period and be done much like say... idk.... opening doors?

limdog.png

Well you usually don't, because if you do, he hits a 63 on you.

first off, you screwed up the quotes.

secondly, when you pray, he can hit through it. BUT NOT OFTEN. when he does, he maxes at 49? i think. maybe 50. same as his max without prayer. but what he hits through prayer, he also drains from your prayer. he cant hit 63.. get you facts right before you argue with some1 who has solo'd kil'tsutsaroth and never died there. with prayer, ofcourse

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

i take back about what i said about firemaking...Woodcutting would be rendered pretty much useless if there wasnt firemaking, also you wouldnt be able to cook without a fire so that would destroy fishing too...

amazing how much damage removing one skill can do...

Selly_jr.png

curently saving for sara sword and trying for 70 slayer >:)

Mining, smithing, firemaking, slayer, fletching, herblore, farming, summoning, hunter and construction.

If these skills were gone it would not affect my gaming at all. With the exception of firemaking these skills are incredibly boring for me and all of them are not needed.

Zerker_jane.png

firemaking - no use

fletching - i dont range

mining - i dont smith

smithing - i dont smith and can buy armor from stores

crafting - i only need a glory or strength amulet

hunter - no use for me

farming - no use for me

construction - no use

agility - no use for me

summoning - i hate this skill, raised the combat max as soon as i hit 126 f2p.

i could list more but i dont care enough. basically any non-combat that isnt fishing or cooking i couldnt care less about.