What skill could YOU live without?

nightzero

Three skills I could live without are Firemaking, Attack, and Strength. Firemaking's current abilities could just be fused with Woodcutting. Attack and Strength could become melee, therefore making maxed combat level the same for all three points of the triangle.

But defense is used in alll 3-magic,range and melee. I agree that attack and strength should be combined. I mean rangers only need 1 skill, magers need 1, why should meleeers need 2? Again im not counting defense because that is similar to hp, used to in all 3

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter -- It's just not a fun skill

You seriously belive hunter is the most boring skill? It involves way more than many other skills, I really have to say that what you said is entirely unture.

Hunting on trails and finding an animal at the end OR click on a rock.

I see the first one was more fun...

If I were a member, farming would be first to go.

You base that on nothing and therefore it should be discarded. Its like saying "the moon is boring" when you havent been there......

As for the skill I could live without... Hmmm... Firemaking, farming and summoning.

All have affected nothing really.

fletching can go burn in hell. :evil:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I think a lot of people aren't making the distinction between what skill is pointless to them and what is pointless as its own independent skill in the bigger picture. Personally attack, strength, slayer, fletching, and summoning could vanish and I wouldn't care. With how I tend to play, I don't need them. That doesn't mean that certain ones are not useful to the functioning of the game though

The skills I think aren't useful as a full-fledged independent skill are firemaking, smithing, and most of all fletching. The importance of smithing is a shadow of its former self. If you took away the things that aren't mainly introduced into the game from another source, there's very little that is left of smithing. Not enough to have an entire skill devoted to it. Firemaking... eh, well... that's been discussed. Fletching, I don't know where to begin. The whole skill is alch fodder, and don't we have enough skills to produce that already? I could replace it with the Make-teddybear-that-alchs-for-lots skill and you'd have a perfectly fine replacement.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

If I were a member, farming would be first to go.

You base that on nothing and therefore it should be discarded. Its like saying "the moon is boring" when you havent been there......

As for the skill I could live without... Hmmm... Firemaking, farming and summoning.

All have affected nothing really.

Maybe he was a member.

As for me I would do without slayer, con, farming, and hunter(all below 20 if that explains)

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I could live without firemaking as well. basically no point. Just let everyolne make a fire... Not that hard.

Yes, I got to agree with that one. Also I find fletching and herblore a little unnecessary. I mean, we could have potions and arrows shops only. I don't really find the meaning of having those skills in the game, even though they could be rather fun at times.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

ive never levelled a p2p skill so i guess all of the above p2p skills

I agree with that p2p skills are useless. F2p for life (or as soon as I can find a credit card and pay five dollars a month.)

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

I think a lot of people aren't making the distinction between what skill is pointless to them and what is pointless as its own independent skill in the bigger picture. Personally attack, strength, slayer, fletching, and summoning could vanish and I wouldn't care. With how I tend to play, I don't need them. That doesn't mean that certain ones are not useful to the functioning of the game though

The skills I think aren't useful as a full-fledged independent skill are firemaking, smithing, and most of all fletching. The importance of smithing is a shadow of its former self. If you took away the things that aren't mainly introduced into the game from another source, there's very little that is left of smithing. Not enough to have an entire skill devoted to it. Firemaking... eh, well... that's been discussed. Fletching, I don't know where to begin. The whole skill is alch fodder, and don't we have enough skills to produce that already? I could replace it with the Make-teddybear-that-alchs-for-lots skill and you'd have a perfectly fine replacement.

Couldn't agree more.

I disagree with everyone saying summoning is useless. Really, that has almost completely changed the way people play.

The macaw brings in more high level herbs than there was before summoning which equals cheaper Herbalore training.

The bunyip and unicorn decreases the need for food dramatically. (From 90-98 defense i used only 100 monkfish, even with a fighter torso on) which equals to cheaper food.

People using familiars at monsters which equal to faster kills and exp.

I'm sure there's atleast a few people using a Ravenous Locust or Forge Regent at bounter hunter.

it's made items that were useless now 3m+.(Zammy Spear) good for Solo GWDers.

Probably the biggest one is the Spirit Terrorbird and beast of burdens. A LOT more inventory space and unlimited run energy? Changed Prayer,Runcrafting,Mining,Woodcutting,Fishing, and even con if you make your own planks. Not to mention that it helps Solo trips at gwd more than anything.

Summoning touches more skills than any other skill in the game. Anyone saying Summoning is useless either doesn't have the money to train it, or hasn't seen what the skill can do.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I totaly agree with RobinHoodie.

I find summoning to be very usefull. There's almost always a familiar that can help you doing whatever you are doing on Runescape.

Yes. Summoning is expensive and hard to train. But I believe it to be worth it. I am finding summoning more and more usefull as I level.

©Tom®

Tomarothar.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~Goals keep you going~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current goal : All skills 80+. Skills left: 69/80 Summoning.

Next goal : 99 Magic. Skills left: 96/99 Magic.

I find summoning to be very usefull. There's almost always a familiar that can help you doing whatever you are doing on Runescape.

Yes. Summoning is expensive and hard to train. But I believe it to be worth it. I am finding summoning more and more usefull as I level.

©Tom®

Not really, my summoning levels so far have cost me a bunch of tears, a few books and lamps, and the bones for the quest. It can be expensive, but theres always a way to do it cheaply if you have patience.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Firemaking and smithing

Fm: anyone can understand why.

Smithing: why i would need to make my own armor if i could simply buy it or get as drop or reward(from treasure trials)

Or do barrows for even more good armor...(also goes to weapons, bolt and arrows)

Lmao? You do realize that the armor you're buying was made by another player? :wall:

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

©Tom®

Not really, my summoning levels so far have cost me a bunch of tears, a few books and lamps, and the bones for the quest. It can be expensive, but theres always a way to do it cheaply if you have patience.

There's another good thing about it too. There's cheap and decent ways to level it(tears, or even using golds to train) and theres an expensive and fast way to train.(Crimsons and Blues with a Spirit Kyatt at the Fishing Colony)

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I could live without hunter, i've never wanted to get 200k range exp an hour anyway :P

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Firemaking and smithing

Fm: anyone can understand why.

Smithing: why i would need to make my own armor if i could simply buy it or get as drop or reward(from treasure trials)

Or do barrows for even more good armor...(also goes to weapons, bolt and arrows)

Lmao? You do realize that the armor you're buying was made by another player? :wall:

Wait, what? Since when have we been able to make dragon, trimmed, god stuff, 3rd age, etc?

Edit: I'd say that I view all skills as important, as my stats might suggest, though some are less important than others: Smithing is of limited use, due to all the awesome, unsmithable armour and weps, and fletching and cooking (fish, at least) basically just lose money as the materials are worth more than the product. They are still important, just not quite as much so as farming, fishing, wcing, etc.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Firemaking -- Jagex doesn't like to update useless skills.

Slayer -- The skill is only usefull for getting total level and monster drops. In which, the monster drops could have been from normal monsters if Jagex hadn't of wasted their time on the skill.

Farming -- Just a useless skill all around. Herbs should of stayed hard to get so that when you got a herb from a monster you actually picked it up, rather than right clicking and checking to see if it is a ranarr.

Hunter -- It's just not a fun skill

Construction -- A skill to show off how rich you were when you had the money to level it up...though you wont have any money afterwards...

Firemaking--its kinda a basic thing irl so why wouldnt they have it?

Slayer--Then whips would be 100k and there would be no point in anything dropped by those monsters cause theres no point in killing them. The drops would be to cheap to pay for the effort.

Farming--If it werent for this, there would be more people with 99 con then herblore.

Hunter--the things you catch (chins/sallys) are very useful. Also, they might not of released dragon arrows. Hunter can actually be fun if you do it for fun, not for xp.

Construction--VERY USEFUL. Without it you would have- no tele tabs, no free teles, no house parties, the list goes on.

I would say firemaking could of been combined with woodcutting, but then it would be to easy to train...maybe if burning logs gave less xp...

Summoning really did not HAVE to be added. But it made a nice addition. They need to add a necromancy section now :pray: =P~

BOO

@above

Con isn't really needed. Teletabs could be made using magic or crafting. Free teles, do you really need them? it costs at most like 500gp for a tele anywhere using runes. House parties are not needed either. Plus, without con, there would be no houses and without that barrows would be harder. And if you ask me, barrows is way too cheap for the def it gives.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

@above

Con isn't really needed. Teletabs could be made using magic or crafting. Free teles, do you really need them? it costs at most like 500gp for a tele anywhere using runes. House parties are not needed either. Plus, without con, there would be no houses and without that barrows would be harder. And if you ask me, barrows is way too cheap for the def it gives.

Barrows was never exactly hard discounting the first day when everyone wasn't fully prepared, and the armor would have eventually gotten cheap just like anything else even without Con.

The house portals alone are what make Con so useful to me. You obviously don't spend any amount of time on a non-Modern spellbook. You have to be really creative to get places effectively on alternate spellbooks and houses are a huge part of that.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat