What skill could YOU live without?

nightzero

Hunter :wall:

I know there are a few uses that hunter offers (catching red chinchompas). But honestly, I think it's the most boring skill ever. Everytime i go to train it i end up getting bored then it makes me mad :( . I don't know if it's just me but i don't see any uses for hunter.

Something.png

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious choice is firemaking, But its not like the skill dosn't have potential, i mean they could update it so you can use firemaking to make 'fire arrows' from the underground pass quest, i guess they could cause burn damage similar to poison.

but that would be too good of an update for jagex to consider :mrgreen:

dagzzy.png

Mage

[x]90 [x]91 [x]92 [x]93 [x]94 [x]95 [x]96 [x]97 [x]98 [X]99

What do you call dog with no legs?

...Don't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come.

I am lunar 99% of the time for slayer. Don't make presumptious claims. Yes i use tabs a lot. But they could easily be made using the crafting skill if con was gone.

As for barrows, nevertheless, they surely would be more than they are today.

But why waste money (or laws) on tabs to Ardougne for example when you can have a nice free portal there at the expense of a single-law home tab?

Then there's the crap I personally don't use that but has an effect on the game: armor stand and in-house altar.

By the way, might want to start in about summoning making God Wars item prices drop faster than it would have otherwise, don't want to leave that gem out. :mrgreen:

Edit: Nearly forgot, the lunar teleports, while better for farming than modern ones, are a huge waste of laws. Again, house tabs -> portals. Saves on a huge amount of laws over the course of months.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

@above

Con isn't really needed. Teletabs could be made using magic or crafting. Free teles, do you really need them? it costs at most like 500gp for a tele anywhere using runes. House parties are not needed either. Plus, without con, there would be no houses and without that barrows would be harder. And if you ask me, barrows is way too cheap for the def it gives.

Barrows is old. You cant expect it to stay hard forever. And I was saying trips would take longer and it would just be a pain to do. Either way, eventually itll be outclassed by newer armours and no one will have it. And its gonna get easier to do with all the updates. Jagex still hasnt updated magic, which is really useful there, and I think they will soon...

People wanted to have there own houses. And you cant blame them. It turned out to be a really fun skill, designing your house. Its useful too, like I said before. Costume rooms, glory mounts, portal rooms. House parties are awsome too, one of the main points of the skill. Thats what I think makes the skill worth it.

BOO

Smithing. It's useless. Completely useless. Except D-fire Shields

Um actually, without smithing there would be no cannonballs in the game, and most rune items, mainly kites and scimmies are player made, it also gives use to the mining skill aswell...

dagzzy.png

Mage

[x]90 [x]91 [x]92 [x]93 [x]94 [x]95 [x]96 [x]97 [x]98 [X]99

What do you call dog with no legs?

...Don't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come.

Prayer, I don't bielive in god lol.

I'd love to see how someone can last more than one kill a trip in God Wars then...

Don't say teams of 100+ people, because then it's worthless.

team of five at bandos easily and you don't use prayer at zamorak

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I could live without summoning. I've done so since it's release. :lol:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

People wanted to have there own houses. And you cant blame them. It turned out to be a really fun skill, designing your house. Its useful too, like I said before. Costume rooms, glory mounts, portal rooms. House parties are awsome too, one of the main points of the skill. Thats what I think makes the skill worth it.

Costume rooms = bank space. All hail construction, mighty skill that has saved us all.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Prayer, I don't bielive in god lol.

I'd love to see how someone can last more than one kill a trip in God Wars then...

dont use prayer at zamorak? are you HIGH or something? if you dont pray, you die in a few seconds...

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Um actually, without smithing there would be no cannonballs in the game, and most rune items, mainly kites and scimmies are player made, it also gives use to the mining skill aswell...

Yes smithing was a good skill back in RSC but now it's useless since rune items are so deflated. If only you could make better armours with smithing....

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

It's a hard choice, because all skills are used in Runescape, even sometimes when we don't even realise we need it. My least favourite skill would be firemaking because I find it so boring but I wouldn't like to get rid of it. I would hate to get rid of any skills in runescape.

Scimitars, player made? Wow, they are mostly from fire giants, cockroaches, and other monster drops imo. Helms aren't really player-made, neither are various other items, they are from drops. Some are made though (like plates) I have to agree with that...

I could live without thieving, it just is a pain to get up before Pyramid Plunder level, and seems to have little use towards other skills.

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

~Firemaking, Hunter, and even Agility is sort of useless. Granted, you get "run" back faster, but we managed to survive without it in the past, right? It's not like you don't recover run in F2P...~

Our_Moon.png

dont use prayer at zamorak? are you HIGH or something? if you dont pray, you die in a few seconds...

Well you usually don't, because if you do, he hits a 63 on you.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I could live without Slayer. Yes it could be fun, but without it you could still kill most of the monsters. And yes, they do drop cool items, but I use Runecraft to make my money. I honestly just don't find Slayer fun and its very annoying sometimes.

I don't know why people say Fming is useless, getting it from 1 - 80 takes the best part of a day and its great for boosting total lvl.

exactly one of its best uses is total level..now tahts just pathetic when u get a skill up just for total level.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

I could do without prayer, I never use the skill anyways.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

What about the combat skills?

Attack for example. Basically its used for wielding weapons. It easily could of been combined with strength.

But then it would be way to easy to get high combat.

If you think about it, almost every skill could of been combined with another. But then it would be to easy to get one, or it wouldnt make sense...

woodcutting-firemaking

crafting-fleching/smithing

magic-summoning

Somebody should match them all up.

BOO