Achievement Capes' Respect

Pat_61

As many of you know some capes are respected less than others. Such as the Fletching, Woodcutting, Firemaking, Cooking, and the Quest Cape. As we all know they do take time and concentration, sometimes money. Yet they are treated as dirt sometimes. Today I was playing and a level 83 called a level 103 a noob because he had all the capes listed as "Dirt" skill capes when this 83 had none. So my question is, Do you think these are just as valuable as the others?

Also, what is the most Respected Cape?

Discuss.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all skill capes are special, its just some are more common than others (fletching, cooking), so some people just assume you got one of those because theyre one of the easier to get. The Quest Cape is a very hard cape to get, seeing as how skillers cant get it, and people who say it isnt an Achievement Cape are just mad because they dont have one at all. Quests Capes take dedication to keep. Once you get a 99 skill, you have it forever, however, with a Quest Cape, you must do the new quest when they come out, else you'll have to go back to something else.

IMO, the most respected would be 99 Prayer, Slayer, Summoning, Construction, or Farming, mostly because those skills take ALOT of dedication and time.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Fletching and Cooking capes are worth nothing to me, sorry. They are just another skill you can pay for and not pay any attention, then in 2 weeks you have your 99.If that level 83 had level 70 slayer, that 83 would get more respect from me than anyone with just Fletching and Cooking Capes.

Firemaking is iffy, it's not hard, but it is a bit harder than Fletching or Cooking. As it actually requires a lot of attention. I still respect someone with a Fm cape.

Quest Cape, well i'm not sure about this one. For all we know they could've used a guide on every quest. Of course that works both ways. They could've not used guides at all. Nevertheless, the low skill requirements (I think it adds up to like 3m exp in all?) make it not so repspectful. But the fact that they have to continue working on their cape redeems it. Making the quest cape a pretty respectful cape.

Woodcutting is one i have no say on. It has some qualities of cooking and fletching, but some of harder skill capes, like low exp rates for a decent profit. I'd put it around the middle of fm-quest cape level of respect. (Quest being more)

Most respected would probably be Runecrafting. Can't be bought, must pay attention, low exp rates but a good moneymaker.

edit: And no one better use the "why don't you have it if it's so easy" argument. If i wanted to, i'd get it in 2 weeks. But i prefer a harder achievment. Such as Range or Defense. I like spending months on a skill instead of having it under a month.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

All skill capes deserve equal respect because they are still all skill capes (including quest cape which is probably harder to get than some of the others)

However, i think that ingame people see the capes differently. Eg a lvl 80 with 99 cooking cape (t) is looked down upon, as having a easy skill cape. However a lvl 80 with something like farming (ut)would be given alot of respect by players higher than them.

I think the most respected cape depends on the level of the person wearing it. Eg a lvl 3 with a cape gets more respect than a lvl 100 with the same cape. Imo the most respected cape is slayer cape because of the effort needed to get it.

-=Zappo=-

eijnnc.png

99 Woodcutting 99 Firemaking

99 Hunter 99 Agility

99 Attack 99 Hitpoints

99 Mining

All skill capes deserve equal respect because they are still all skill capes (including quest cape which is probably harder to get than some of the others)

However, i think that ingame people see the capes differently. Eg a lvl 80 with 99 cooking cape (t) is looked down upon, as having a easy skill cape. However a lvl 80 with something like farming (ut)would be given alot of respect by players higher than them.

I think the most respected cape depends on the level of the person wearing it. Eg a lvl 3 with a cape gets more respect than a lvl 100 with the same cape. Imo the most respected cape is slayer cape because of the effort needed to get it.

-=Zappo=-

And any level 3 with a slayer cape deserves very little respect, because that is far too much no-lifeing with lamps.

Fletching and Cooking capes are worth nothing to me, sorry. They are just another skill you can pay for and not pay any attention, then in 2 weeks you have your 99.If that level 83 had level 70 slayer, that 83 would get more respect from me than anyone with just Fletching and Cooking Capes.

Firemaking is iffy, it's not hard, but it is a bit harder than Fletching or Cooking. As it actually requires a lot of attention. I still respect someone with a Fm cape.

Quest Cape, well i'm not sure about this one. For all we know they could've used a guide on every quest. Of course that works both ways. They could've not used guides at all. Nevertheless, the low skill requirements (I think it adds up to like 3m exp in all?) make it not so repspectful. But the fact that they have to continue working on their cape redeems it. Making the quest cape a pretty respectful cape.

Woodcutting is one i have no say on. It has some qualities of cooking and fletching, but some of harder skill capes, like low exp rates for a decent profit. I'd put it around the middle of fm-quest cape level of respect. (Quest being more)

Most respected would probably be Runecrafting. Can't be bought, must pay attention, low exp rates but a good moneymaker.

edit: And no one better use the "why don't you have it if it's so easy" argument. If i wanted to, i'd get it in 2 weeks. But i prefer a harder achievment. Such as Range or Defense. I like spending months on a skill instead of having it under a month.

I would disagree as far as "Buyable" skills go, after all when they are buyable they do have a cost, and that cost is pretty high. Certainly more than I could afford atm.

But certainly runecrafting is pretty high up my respect list, alomg with mining (esp combined with smithing) and Agility.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

I think every cape should get respect as you spended many money and hours of playing to get it!

Firemaking is the one i want!

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I don't think that any capes should be considered "dirt" but some should be given more respect than others. If I see a 65 with a trimmed fletching cape I'll put my money on him being a second account of somebody, and the trim on the cape is from cooking. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't get respect for those capes, but I would most definetly give more if he had some other kind of cape.

BTW: How is WC an easy 99? Anyone?

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

-=Zappo=-

And any level 3 with a slayer cape deserves very little respect, because that is far too much no-lifeing with lamps.

I would disagree as far as "Buyable" skills go, after all when they are buyable they do have a cost, and that cost is pretty high. Certainly more than I could afford atm.

But certainly runecrafting is pretty high up my respect list, alomg with mining (esp combined with smithing) and Agility.

That's another thing. Just because someone "no lifed" doesn't mean they shouldn't get respect. They had the time for it, and still trained the ever so slow way of lamps.They deserve respect too.

And i wouldn't mind if they were buyable if they didn't have such high exp rates. But they are way to high for something you can just not pay any attention to for two weeks. Or maybe if the skill cost a bit more.

Like prayer, it's buyable. But it cost 100m+ and you have to pay attention. That gains it a bit of respect. Unlike cooking or fletching which require no attention and only cost at most 10m.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I don't think that any capes should be considered "dirt" but some should be given more respect than others. If I see a 65 with a trimmed fletching cape I'll put my money on him being a second account of somebody, and the trim on the cape is from cooking. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't get respect for those capes, but I would most definetly give more if he had some other kind of cape.

BTW: How is WC an easy 99? Anyone?

Not necessarily easy but so many have it, thus making it "dirt".

BTW im goin for fmin and wcin.

RobinHoddie I agree. If they have that much dedication to be lvl 3 but have all the not combats 99 they deserve respect.

Also everyone thanks for the input.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I must say that the total xp that you need for the quest cape is a lot higher than 3m, it adds up to close to But it is definitely higher than 3m [70 cooking req + 85 cmb req + 75 wcing req + reqs for Rocking Out already surpass 3m]) Also, the reqs for the quests keep increasing so the amount of effort to get the cape continuously increase every month.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Ah, i had forgotten the 85 cb req for a few quests. But i did agree with you in my post. The quest cape is respectable since you need to continue to work for it. Where as if you cook one shark after 99 cooking you go up 1000 ranks(exagerration but you get my point)

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Yes ddaanniiellh, I would have to agree. The quest is hard to get and you only gt to wear it for a month because a new quest comes out.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Range along with prayer, magic, smithing, construction, crafting, and herblore are all buyable capes. Just, b/c they are more expensive does not mean they are not buyable.

Range-Chinchompas

Magic-Ancientz

Prayer-D-bones and Poh...might be fastest skill to get to 99.

Smithing-Gold ore

How can you look down on fletching and cooking, while you highly upon these skills. They should all be under the same category. "Can be done in two weeks with enough money."

Hunter is looked down upon too and you cant buy it.

Range along with prayer, magic, smithing, construction, crafting, and herblore are all buyable capes. Just, b/c they are more expensive does not mean they are not buyable.

Range-Chinchompas

Magic-Ancientz

Smithing-Gold ore

How can you look down on fletching and cooking, while you highly upon these skills. They should all be under the same category. "Can be done in two weeks with enough money."

Well I can counter your post.

Range-Still must watch

Magic-Must do quests first

Prayer-What if you have a house far from a bank or can't get your stuff from your house.

Smithing-I can't think of any for this yet.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Range-Chinchompas

Magic-Ancientz

Smithing-Gold ore

I can do that pretty easily.

Range-Yes it may be buyable, but cost 3x more as cooking. Which means it takes 3x as long to get(i.e. making the money) and requires attention. I cannot stress that enough. That is the deciding factor in most capes.

Magic-Once more, about 60m? 6x more than cooking and fletching? And you need attention

Prayer-100m.10x more than either cooking or fletching. AT LEAST 10 times harder to get.And attention

Smithing-You need money and attention for this. PLUS the low exp rate.

I've never said anything about hunter.

You see, you can get the money for cooking or fletching and never look at your screen again. All the above require constant clicking and a LOT more money.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Nearly all combat skills, Fletching,Thieving, Cooking, Hunter and Firemaking are not even close to being hard. The majority of them are afk, and those that aren't can be raised quickly if you have the money. To me the hardest skills ingame are Runecrafting, Slayer, Agility and Mining.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Please don't say Woodcutting is one of the easy capes I went to hell and back getting that cape!

But yes capes like Cooking and Fletching don't get much respect at all anymore.

I never said it was easy i just said so many people have it so it isn't as respected.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

That was cold hard evidence my friends.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

The truth is, that's a non-question, it can't be established. Your basically asking which capes should be universally considered respected. That cannot be achieved, because respect is something entirely human, there's no fact, nothing to base it on. When things are subjective, there is no good or wrong answer no matter how much you'd want to argue about your opinion being better. If you respect a cape or not is a personal opinion.

2480+ total

All you are saying is that you respect money. One buyable skill cost more than another, so you respect it more??? Why should you respect money? Someone could have given them the money or they could have scammed people.

I understand the paying attention part, but its not like you can't afk combat skills. And whoever had to pay attention to smithing.

For anyone who doesn't respect fishing or woodcutting, then how can you respect mining. They are all gathering skills some just give more xp per hour.

Someone could have given them the money or they could have scammed people.

um, where have you been? you cant really "give" someone money for a 99 skill. unless its hunter and you give them 20k worth of hunting equipment.

scamming? how? unless someone is coerced into putting items into the party chest.

gf.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore