GE Buying Limits

limdogs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "can't resell for 4 hours" rule is terrible. Maybe it makes sense for higher level items but when i have limited budget and realize i want to go train mage instead of ranged I can't just sell back 3k knives and buy bloods. Maybe items over 200k should be targeted.

I know you say well think what you buy through but it's not necessary so why...

The "can't resell for 4 hours" rule is terrible. Maybe it makes sense for higher level items but when i have limited budget and realize i want to go train mage instead of ranged I can't just sell back 3k knives and buy bloods. Maybe items over 200k should be targeted.

I know you say well think what you buy through but it's not necessary so why...

Probably to make merchanting harder and thus keeping the prices from skyrocketing.

Some of the problems with prices not moving enough are caused by this:

The prices really should be based on what the demand is and not how many items are sold at top or bottom price. Items like 3rd age, animal masks, half wines and phats are sold so seldom that the price almost never moves. If jagex let the price move according to how many offers there were rather than how many sold we wouldnt have junk trades. I think prices would more reflect what demand really is and we wouldnt need these stupid buying limits either.

limdog.png

I really don't understand why they had to put limits... To discourage merchanting trough GE, warn't Jagex the ones who ware saying loud and clear that they don't want to limit the market ? ... and they want players to have some sort of freedom with GE ? Anyhow i think this is the only way they thought about in order to stop people from inflating or diflating item prices in the GE.... as i find no other explanation why they imposed these limits.

Sir_Devlish.png

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I HATE the 100 caps on seeds, yew longbows etc. That is why all seeds used to be pretty expensive and why most are now less than 300 each.

And they're going to keep going down til they reach the bottom; people sell at minimum because most aren't aware of this fact that buyers can only buy 100 at a time. #-o

newsigac5.png

There. I have taken all the submission and compiled them into a list. Notice the patterns for some of them as I have put them into categories based on the submissions. 100 all armour, swords, raw materials, 5000 all summon 2nds, 10k all range ammo, 20k combo runes, 25k all runes and possibly pots, 30k airs. We still need more data to comfirm all this so keep em coming. Of course if jagex makes a list on the kb then by all means tell me.

limdog.png

I just bought 25K dusts from ge, so change combo runes to 25K.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

25k fires every 24 hrs.

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

• 3 weeks later...