Old Ways To Make Money?

Gwasha

I, too, used to make money smithing steel bars. I smithed all the coal and iron myself and it took FOREVER (or at least felt like it!). One hundred steel bars would bring 55,000 to 60,000 gp -- which to me at the time was a small fortune.

My previous money making efforts included picking up tuna in Karamja and selling to the store in Port Sarim, buying silk in Al-Kharid and selling in the Varrock clothing store, and my all-time favorite, buying steel or iron platebodies in the Varrock general store (when they had hundreds in stock) and selling them slowly, five at a time, to Horvik in Varrock. I still have a F2P account with about 60 iron platebodies in its bank.

Off topic - I do miss the old system of general stores. Nothing was better than buying pure ess for 1gp each. I realized recently that I haven't been in a general store in a long time -- the chance that I might find a bargain if I stop in and browse was the only reason I went there.

runescapebunny.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying essences (before pure essences) for 20-30gp each (bought them in quantities of 100-20k until I had quiet a lot of them) and sold them for 40-45gp each. Each time I ended up with more money so everytime I could buy more essence :P

However to get my first few 100k I mainly mined essence :)

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

i remember in classic i used to have a cooking skiller. good money and i had gotten like 70 cooking. good money i suppose. i even had most foods spelling 1337 in my bank :thumbsup: even half filled wines i seem to remember :x :x :x why cant i get in that account :wall: :wall: :wall:

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Mine 14 tin, 14 copper, in the SE Varrok Mine, then run to Lumby, smelt it into bars, go to Varrok and turn them into Bronze platebodies to get 1.5k for my first Earth staff. Ahhh...

Boy was I surprised to find out that my iron armour wasnt good mage armour :o

3772841190_eba9dc52b2.jpg

I used to mine 500 iron and 1k coal and make 500 steel bars. I kept doing this until I became a member, then I made 13.6k cannonballs (thats mining 3.4k iron and 6.8k coal) Then I sold for 2.7m and now had 4m total. That allowed me to buy my whip :P. I've hardly made any real money any other way...

I would mine 9 iron and 18 coal in chasm mine (the one north of Al-Kharid) then walk to lumberidge and smelt it into steel. Walk to the anvil in varrok and smith the highest level steel item I could then imedietly sell it to the general store for about 500 gp total. Repeat. I did this for weeks until I realized that I could sell the coal plain for a lot more money.

More recently I pked for money until I realized I was wasting my time spending 2-3 hours to get a full rune set and almost wasting all the profit on food and arrows.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

Great times, glad someone made this topic. I used to cut willows and sell to the general store in Lumbridge. 4 coins per log, and after an hour of cutting with my trusty steel hatchet, I had made 500 coins! I had heard about jewelry at port sarim, so I started running towards there from Lumbridge. Alas, a thief killed me. I was nearly in tears when I ended up in Lumbridge with 3 coins. Months later, I thought I had "beat" the game because my money went from 99999 to 100k! I even sent in a bug report to Jagex :oops: I made more money buying Rune Essence for 20-30 each from random people in Varrock East Bank, then selling to some of my friends from Tip.It back then. I amassed 500k that way, and then I found a new way: I bought logs from the Lumbridge general store for 1 coin each, then I would bank, and repeat. I would then sell for 100 gp each. Good times <3:

I used to mine coal & sell it outside the Mining Guild for 150gp ea (this was before the GE).

I can't believe I wasted all that time mining, I swore to never mine again.

Two years later (on a new account), I was mining Pure Essence, saving up for a Whip.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.