Old Ways To Make Money?

Gwasha

I just love how most everyone mentions mining and smithing in their post, mainly becuase thats what I did for who knows how long. ::'

Another thing I can remember was killing the cows in the cow patch where the gnome copters are now. I used to call it my Secret Cow Killing Spot (I know, very original.) I don't think it lasted that long though, lol. My dang friends talked my out of it. I'm glad they did though, I don't know how long I would have stayed there if they plainly left me alone.

S2buxtG.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started, I didn't focus on making money as much as being self-sufficient. I had thought that if I could level my mining and smithing high enough to make my own rune armor and weapons, then I wouldnt need to buy any fighting gear. You can see by my mining and smithing levels that I realized at some point that Rune gear wasnt the best out there and I gave up on my goal of not having to buy anything. lol (Note: I'm talking about RS2, not classic.)

Ewsentinel.png

KoAClan.org for adults

buying coloured gloves from the shop in canafis for 650 each and selling for 2k each in free worlds

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

I didn't read through the whole thread to see if anyone already said this, but...

For a good year or so, maybe even longer in like the 2002-2004 area when i was F2P, I used to fish anything i could, most of the time it was tuna that i either fished myself or bought at the port sarim shop, and I cooked it and sold it to the Varrock lvl 1 wildy pkers, and made a couple thousand gp a day doing that. when i became a higher level i did that with strength pots too, oh how embarrassing...

lmao and another good one, only a one or two day thing though, was to make a whole bunch of dyes the day that Aggie came out in Draynor and they allowed dyeable capes, that made me a pretty good profit too

ah the good days

I used to kill men by the scimitar shop in al kharid.

Then my friend showed me how to mine and I started mining and smithing. Mining full load of iron/coal in al kharid, going to lumbridge to smelt them cause I didnt know there was a furnace in al khrid, then walking all the way back to varrock, smithing the bars, and selling to the general store. Got to around 56 smithing never even buying one ore. I would sell steel/iron items to the general store in varrock.

Once I found out that someone sold 200 mith chainbodies to the armour store and I bought 5 for cheap, thinking I was gonna make a massive proft (around 500gp). I even told my friend and he came and bought some too.

I sold a tinderbox for 200gp, and got really excited. Then I forgot to bank it and lagged out under the tree by draynor manor that attacks you. Im not sure if I died or not. Got mad anyways. #-o

BOO

after killing a few goblins or coins i went to mining pretty much straight away.

I used to mine ore, smelt it at lummy and bank at varrock. I sold what ever i made to the appropriate shop( shield in shield shop etc). I did this for bronze and iron stuff. :thumbsup:

cakesncats056-1.jpg

In my earliest RS days, I would kill goblins in Lumbridge then make the trek to the runes shop in Varrock to sell the runes to Aubury (I cleverly discovered he paid more than the general store!)

Then after the Wildy was released, I'd run food out to Zonghui and Almedin3 while they trained in the lava maze, and they'd give me some cash and money (and a purple cape, when those were released and you had to stand in line for hours because Aggie could only talk to one person at a time to sell the dyes. That was the best payment EVER for me at the time).

Once I got up in the levels a bit (probably 60ish), I had a system with my friend Shadow Geist where I'd be in the lava maze gathering steel plates and earth staffs (switching servers, because they respawned SLOW) while he'd run back and forth banking them for me and we'd split some of the profits selling them to Zaff's Staffs and the armour shop. Of course, once I discovered (and got my mage level high enough for) high alchemy, he was dropped from my clever money-making scheme. I remember sweating bullets as I walked (no run option, lol) back to the bank in varrock from the lava maze, carrying upwards of 800k. Sigh.

My first money-making method I can remember was in RSC where I collected Air/Mind runes in Lumby for a real life friend. Also used to kill Guards and White Knights in RSC for coins and at the beggining of Runecrafting I made 679K Air Runes without runners and sold all 20 Each took me really long and was boring as hell.

Suprisingly I have never mined for money other than Runite Mining which I mostly do for fun.

Woodcutting =P It was my first 10,20,30,40,50,60, and 70 skill. I rember being so excited to cut yews in f2p. Making 30k an hour at edgville <3:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

When i was f2p I always used to mine rune essence or kill cows for cowhides. When i got members all i could find to do was pick flax (oh the memories). I even tried to merchant cow hides from f2p to p2p :wall:

Something.png

Back in classic the ultimate way to make money in our school was killing chaos druids in the temple north of Falador. I remember the overwhelming satisfaction I had seeing over 100 steel maces in my bank ;)

My other favorable method after I became p2p took place by the fight arena. In the large building with general khazard in the cage on the second floor, you went to the top floor to find a MASSIVE iron armory respawn (consisted of plate, large helm, square shield, mace, longsword, and hatchet I believe).

Getting runes from that Wildy castle.

I remember my friend killing an autoer that picked up the runes out there and getting 10k earth runes, they were like 20-25 then.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

I remember, when I started in 2004, my glory days, I'd go to the Zamorak North of Falador, near the wilderness, and telegrabbed the Wine of Zamorak which respawned on the table next to an altar. At the time, each wine was worth about 1.2k because Range Potions were insanely popular.

This got me to a good mage level and I was around 40 mage and at about 20ish combat when I got my first million gp.

The reason why it is now obsolete is the price of Zamorak Wines are about 400gp less than what they used to worth, subtracting the cost of laws makes it a pretty bad money making scheme.

I also remember picking up the chaos runes left in the Wilderness Castle when I was very low leveled.

songokusigtif.png

Putting bananas in crates at karjama. At that time, i really thought i found the ultimate money maker, and by finding out, that i can carry many bananas in inventory (more than one crate), i felt like i hacked runescape...eh the good ol days

My very very first way of making money was killing "man" in Varrock. There also was a Leatherbody spawn close, and that body would sell for a whopping 14 gp! I remember being really really happy when I had 300 gp so I could buy a knight's helm. (bronze full helmet). Then one time I went exploring the wild and found this amazing steel dagger. My brother was insanely jealous (really!).

It didnt take that long before I realised there were better ways of course. (still, my bro tried to make me believe "man" was a real player and I believed him for a few days).

Later on I moved to mining smithing and selling to shops. Got myself the amazing full mithril that way (and that took quite some time, 12 coal and 6 iron at a time, cause of fatigue, b4 sleeping bags)

Mining and banking iron ores in Varrock west

Also made a few k selling and buying back feathers at the General Store (you could sell it for more than it cost to buy back)

Hegel.png

when i started runescape i had 40 fishing pretty fast,then i went to karamja and fished 1 full inventory of lobs and sold them to the fishing store in port sarim,2k per inventory ftw!! :oops:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg