Cramped Worlds

shinikami

I just want to vent out how busy worlds are now, shouldn't they bring out more world servers for members? It seems that there's more and more people abandoning the free worlds and becoming members!

I struggle to find a quiet spot to raise up levels like hunting or combat - or fighting drags without at least four people there already!

Anyone else get this trouble during the evenings and weekends?

Shinikami1.png

I know its competition but its getting tougher and tougher to do anything there!

So in the early mornings I get to the areas I want to ... then in the evening when the worlds are packed - I fish!

Even if I do get terrible lag!

Shinikami1.png

However, I doubt adding new worlds would help. It'd spread the people around, yes, but it'd add room for more people....

I remember my favorite world (26). Before Hunter, it was quiet. You rarely saw more than 1000 people there. After Hunter came out, it suddenly jumped to no less than 1600. :|

Need a new signature....perhaps...

The real complaint isn't how crowded the worlds are, but how scarce key raw materials are, namely in the case of Chinchompas, various monsters, and the like.

I don't think that more servers should be added (in fact, less should be allowed), but more resources should be placed in.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

And you got this figure where?

I'm under the impression they were pulled out of his [wagon], but thats just my take on it.

The reason they're more crowded is more people are playing. I remember finding a new home world because my old one was getting way too crowded with 400 people on it. The game will always have a net growth of people, no matter what people anyone says (ie: omg leik 5,000,000 ppl left cuz no pks nemore).

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I guess it's just expected. I mean, I've seen members saying how "F2P is just a demo" and "it opens up Runescape to members". Now we've got members complaining that F2P worlds get emptier while P2P worlds get fuller (A.K.A. complaining that too many F2Per's are joining members, perhaps)? Jesus, they don't give us a break ;)

I don't really see this as a problem though. I love Mining and Woodcutting, and my homeworld has always been 17, no matter what. After it was named a BH world, more people came to it, which means the resources spawn faster, but the same number of people can usually be found around the yews =P

You can use this concept on many "Themed" worlds at resource locations.

I'm not complaining ;)

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

I have noticed that F2P worlds have been getting emptier. I can usually find a good empty world for my training whatever it maybe within the first three world changes. Ah well, less F2Pers means that there will be less complaining, and that is something the majority of members have always wanted.

I guess maybe more worlds isn't the answer then... more resources like better bank locations near higher type of trees ( and more maple/yew/magic tree locations )

And more hunting areas would be nice! I just find it hard to train my range and get herblore up ( train at blood tower ) where its sometimes very busy

Shinikami1.png

I guess it's just expected. I mean, I've seen members saying how "F2P is just a demo" and "it opens up Runescape to members". Now we've got members complaining that F2P worlds get emptier while P2P worlds get fuller (A.K.A. complaining that too many F2Per's are joining members, perhaps)? Jesus, they don't give us a break ;)

I don't really see this as a problem though. I love Mining and Woodcutting, and my homeworld has always been 17, no matter what. After it was named a BH world, more people came to it, which means the resources spawn faster, but the same number of people can usually be found around the yews =P

I'm not complaining ;)

I do exactly the same thing using world 67 (FoG), mostly I use for mining. 1 (Trade) killing mossies and world 16 (Air running) general stuff really.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

It's summertime.

Summertime is the time when f2p kids get 2 months of members for the school holidays. Just stick to training skills you don't have to fight for resources for.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

It's probably because it's summertime, and allot of kids play Runescape more often.

And the F2P people are probably filled less because allot of people take a P2P account during vacations and a pretty large amount of F2P stopped after the recent RWT updates (Probably allot of pures and autoers)

@Makoto_the_Phoenix

Why do you think the market of raw materials is destroyed?

@Makoto_the_Phoenix

Why do you think the market of raw materials is destroyed?

Where did I say that? All I said is that he's not really upset behind the number of people, he's upset behind the lack of raw materials.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I don't really know if there's a logical case for more servers but I would like to see a members and a free New Zealand servers, so when that I (rarely) leave world 99 I'm not confused with an... Australian. :-#

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

What there is a logical case for more member worlds.

If the ratio of p2p/f2p is usually 30/70 and during the summer it gets to 60/40 then Jagex should be increasing the amount of member servers. Even if it is only 2 f2p servers which turn into members servers, thats still going to help. When the summer is over then the worlds can revert back to ftp.

One of the ways membership was sold to me almost 3 years ago by Jagex themselves was the more space available to p2p members on less crowded worlds so you'll always find room to do your favorite tasks. This now obviously is not the case. Last night member worlds were 1200 approx on each world whereas f2p worlds had 700 people. That's 500 difference per world!

I don't think anyone is going moan about there being more members as this can only be a plus for the economy and the game as a whole however people will moan about paying for cramped member worlds when there f2p compatriots are enjoying less crowded spots.

Last night for example I had bloodvelds and had to struggle to find a world with a free space. Even then I stood around waiting for monster spawns when I could have been killing. Don't get me wrong Jagex have done bits to aide this, Bloodvelds in GWD and Bloodvelds near the Blood Altar spring to mind. Also the other popular slayer monsters have new areas added, with high requisites in order to enter. I just think a couple more member worlds during this peak time would help no end.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Well, I live in New Zealand, it's 10pm where I am right now and the 2nd highest mems world is at 1203 people. My homeworld, 99, is at 314 and the lowest world (f2p) is down to 213.

Basically if you have problems with servers... Head south for the summer?

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

I'm not complaining ;)

The average f2p world went from like 1100 to 4-600

TA: Tea Drinker's Anonymous

Delectable tea or deadly poison...

The average f2p world went from like 1100 to 4-600

Yes, I know, I can read. I was talking about a Bounty Hunter world, not to mention one the the original F2P Canadian worlds, which was the busiest. World 17 is almost always at a constant max-out during peaks times, which is optimal for training. I do realize there is a decline in F2P activity in other worlds, but as people said, this is the summer holidays and F2P kids are bound to buy memberships for the summer.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

I can't say I've noticed a huge problem, but a few new servers couldn't hurt. No one likes having to hop around to find an empty world, especially not if we pay to play this game. I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge challenge for Jagex or anything either. I think they should do that. :P

Blakdragon39.png

OK last night wasn't as bad. Member worlds were averaging 1000 users whereas the night before it was 1200. Usually they are 800.

Fire Giants in Brimhaven were crowded but I soon found an empty world. Then Abby Demons which are not really effectied by the mass new members.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I'm enjoying empter f2p worlds now, yes sirree I can chop wood in peace. The willows are mine! mine you hear me, mine!!!!!!!!! I doubt I'll play p2p but I like emptier f2p cause that means more members and that'll keep RS alive which means I can play longer.

I'm enjoying empter f2p worlds now, yes sirree I can chop wood in peace. The willows are mine! mine you hear me, mine!!!!!!!!! I doubt I'll play p2p but I like emptier f2p cause that means more members and that'll keep RS alive which means I can play longer.

Not that your selfish or anything :lol:

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!