Monday Poll: More or Less Excited?

Rcty

I don't even know what my PC card is lol :ohnoes: . It's 4 years old and i have trouble playing arcanists on funorb, so i think im stuffed :shock: and it looks REALLY good :cry:

Atleast i can look foward to full screen :mrgreen: and maybe if i use the laptop with Wired net, it could work :pray:

the 10-12 years old system i played on until i got my new system in january would play under these requirements, (basically, if you can play on the current 'high-quality' mode, then your system meets these minimum requirements...)

all system less than 8 years old do meet these sytem requirements

and i expect most system older than that do as well...

i do have a working 386 (about 20 years old...) and that wont run it... but most systems 10-12 years old shouldnt have any problems running on it

i suspect those who think there system doesnt meet the requirements dont actually understand the requirements...

i doubt that, take my grand compute for example, this thing is only TWO( she got scammed) years old and it came with only 192mb ram... it was struggling being idle... it also has an internal graphics chip, some will handle runescape but i doubt all, especially internal ones over 3 years old, will be able to cope that well.

My school computers( not all, but some) were brought around 5 years ago, they only have a 1ghz processor and i'm guessing 256mb ram.

Trust me there's quite a few computers older then five years that will struggle to play this, many people cheap out when it comes to computers because they don't really release how they work. If you spend £300 six years ago, it sure as hell isn't going to be working well now.. :lol:

cakesncats056-1.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted "Hasn't changed my view" since I was already pretty darn excited about the new graphics to begin with. While I enjoyed learning more about the upcoming release, I'm about as excited as I can be.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

haha this is the news that made me go back into RS again (6 months break o_o)

btw I dunno much about the system requirements, but are those low or high O_O

pretty damn low compared to most games released the last two years.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

Made me much more excited, especially because of the first picture from FullScreen mode! Can't wait to try the FullScreen mode, it looked so awesome! :thumbsup:

I think Jagex has done awesome work with this, well done Jagex! You deserve --> =D> :lol:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I'm much more excited now :D. I thought that getting to know more about this update would made me go cooler, but now I just can't wait even less for it to be released!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

uh i just though of this, well as jagex says, a new update always has glitches they havnt found. when this comes out there will probably be loads of glitches that havnt been discovered. even though were not spposed to use them to mess around with its always kinda fun to hear about the glitches other people found 8-)

Woot are are the king

this is sooo much better than I ever imagined! it looks amazing. I can't wait to see...well...everything!

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

Uhh.. Maybe i'm too used to oblivion..

Actually i'm starting to think i'll stay with the current graphics. I'd rather look at what we have now than at more detailed toon style graphics #-o

I wouldn't really be surprised if the posted requirements will be the ones needed for highest quality (except HD resolutions, of course), it isn't that detailed.. But they might have made the same trick most gaming companys do today: they say the specifications, at which it will be possible to start the game, but it might be like 2 frames per second -.-

2qcigdz.png

Wooot! It looks awesome! Im definetly more excited! \' Good job JaGex =D> !

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....

well kewl stuff alright I still thing the grand exchange killed it for people trying to get to high lvls

e.x. People who spent years training PURES now have nothing to show. There is no more "I'm leaving the game heres my stuff' no now the only way is to do bounty hunter or party room=p

GOod stuff but a balancig factotr should be classes. Of course people would still have old skill system just ea class had certain perks and spec atts

...cant wait :wall: :pray:

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I like how we get such a larger view but i don't like how it will be taking even more resources from the computer. this may just be a java_vm* memory leak but atm (and im not even playing) it's taking 137mb... and im using the low graphics mode, i'd hate to see it at these new requirements. i might even have to close a few things to accommodate it.

*what i have identified as the Java applet for Runescape in Gnome-system-monitor

I actually got put down by the new diary. I don't know if anyone actually thought of it, but now the game will look more like a child's cartoon program. The players look too animated to look real at all... well, that's just my thought.

80aa0daff6.png

Nate's Big Blog

4,000th to 99 crafting, 33,340th to 99 defence, 3,867th to 99 farming, 55,293rd to 99 hitpoints

well jagex has outdone themself this time for good :thumbsup:

that's the second last minus runescape is going to lose =D>

the only problem rs still has is the membership payment , like 5$-10$ each month...

it's not like i don't have the cash to pay for it , it's just no other popular mmorpg requires any cash to access all the cool features... for example Lineage2 or World Of Warcraft... but i still choose rs...

Peace HYT

well jagex has outdone themself this time for good :thumbsup:

that's the second last minus runescape is going to lose =D>

the only problem rs still has is the membership payment , like 5$-10$ each month...

it's not like i don't have the cash to pay for it , it's just no other popular mmorpg requires any cash to access all the cool features... for example Lineage2 or World Of Warcraft... but i still choose rs...

Peace HYT

I'm pretty sure World of Warcraft has a $15 monthly fee to play at all.

I usually run Ubuntu Hardy Heron (that's Linux, in case you didn't know) and in Arcanists it says that my system doesn't meet the requirements for full screen mode. My only worry is that I'll have to play from my Windows partition to get to the new graphics/ fullscreen mode, as it'll let me play Arcanists fullscreen from Windows. Windows is just so slow.