~ The Incredibly Low Prices of Seeds... Why? ~

Our_Moon

Vinesweeper tbh :-w

i agree. they huge nr of xp you can get there outweight most people from farming ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Another benefit of Herb Runs us 83+ Hunters recognize is that each Herb Run takes us near 3 potential Dragon Impling spots. I've seen a few Dragon Imps and many Magpies and Ninjas on Herb Runs, which is why I always carry a Net and Jar on Herb Runs.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

i agree. they huge nr of xp you can get there outweight most people from farming ;)

Snapdragon farming is 40k xp an hour AND 900k gp an hour. How does vinesweeper beat that.

Farming tree seeds on the other hand is like 500k+ xp an hour, but also makes you lose 5M+ an hour.

Snapdragon farming is 40k xp an hour AND 900k gp an hour. How does vinesweeper beat that.

Farming tree seeds on the other hand is like 500k+ xp an hour, but also makes you lose 5M+ an hour.

Um I was talking about how vinesweeper has influenced the PRICE of seeds, not the exp per hour.. hence replying to the topic's question on PRICE...

2vuhgcn.png

Once I found out how to use Sara Brews and Super Restores for my food at the Dagganoth Kings I found out that the cheapest way to cover expenses was to grow my own herbs, and buy the 2nds. Back when I played, I believe I would buy 3 dose Sara Brews for 3k each from Laikrob. I had roughly 5 Snapdragon seed collectors - who were slayers working for 85 slayer. And the 2nd for Super Restores doesn't take that much time to find on the forums, or now for you guys, the GE.

What most people don't know is that if you are able to use Farming and Herblore in conjunction with one another, you will cut your costs almost in half, and gain experience at the same time. Granted, there would be the time when I was in a hurry and would buy some pots if I needed them, but normally after every DK trip I would do a herb run, thus gaining more herbs than I just used during the trip, and not to mention the nice shiny loot that was in my inventory.

So yea, point of all that for all you skimmers is: Farming + Herblore = Great Money saver and EXP.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

stupidity at it's finest. I like how you say that stuff as if it is fact. LMAO :lol: First off it takes about an hour and a half for herbs to grow. There is a total of 5 herb patches in Runescape. XP per hour from using Supercompost, planting, picking, (Snapdragons) is a maximum of around 5k every 90 minutes. Which also translates to profit not being anywhere close to 900k an hour. If these were the true amounts, we would have as many 99 farmers and we do 99 fletchers. Also, tree seeds are not anywhere near 500k xp an hour. There's 5 tree patches and 5 fruit tree patches. You cannot grow any of the trees in an hour, willows take like 3 hours and fruit trees take a day. DURRHURR You can hardly even get 500k xp from trees in a week, and that's doing magic trees and calquats and palm trees...

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

If it takes you an hour to visit 5 herb patches, then you must be the one who's really stupid. :P

You can do a run in 8 minutes. That's 7.5 runs in an hour. You make an average of 120k profit each run. 120k * 7.5 = 900k.

The fact that it takes time for your seeds to grow means that people will be more selective about which seeds they use and which they want to throw out. A lot of people want to throw out the low leveled onces since they can get more money and Xp from the higher ones, so the price goes to an ultimate low.

Your figures are well off and not thought out.

Yes you can make huge XP on trees but even with Palms and Magics it will be nowhere near 500k per run. Also each run isn't an hour, it's far greater, and most people just do one tree run a day.

As for Snapdragons, I fail to see how that can get you 40k XP per hour. I got 2-3k XP from strawberries and dwarf weed last night on one patch. That would make 4 patches 12k add in an extra 1k for the troll patch, makes it 13k every 1.25 hours if you do allotments (with strawberries) as well.

Don't get me wrong you will still profit from herb farming, but the XP rate isn't really that high, otherwise we'd be seeing lots of level 99 farmers.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Your figures are well off and not thought out.

Yes you can make huge XP on trees but even with Palms and Magics it will be nowhere near 500k per run. Also each run isn't an hour, it's far greater, and most people just do one tree run a day.

As for Snapdragons, I fail to see how that can get you 40k XP per hour. I got 2-3k XP from strawberries and dwarf weed last night on one patch. That would make 4 patches 12k add in an extra 1k for the troll patch, makes it 13k every 1.25 hours if you do allotments (with strawberries) as well.

Don't get me wrong you will still profit from herb farming, but the XP rate isn't really that high, otherwise we'd be seeing lots of level 99 farmers.

2 posts up:

If it takes you an hour to visit 5 herb patches, then you must be the one who's really stupid. :P

You can do a run in 8 minutes. That's 7.5 runs in an hour. You make an average of 120k profit each run. 120k * 7.5 = 900k.

2 posts up:

Not quite grasped this have you.

You do a run and then you wait for the herb to grow. This takes 75 minutes, 1 hour 15 minutes or 1.25 hours. Therefore you can only do 1 run every 75 minutes. You don't plant a herb seed and it instantly grows into herbs.

This is the reason a lot of farmers do allotments too, extra XP and profit.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

You do a run and then you wait for the herb to grow. This takes 75 minutes, 1 hour 15 minutes or 1.25 hours. Therefore you can only do 1 run every 75 minutes. You don't plant a herb seed and it instantly grows into herbs.

So you're going to stand around and wait at the farming patch? You don't spend 75 minutes watching grass grow, you go out and spend that time doing something else. Only the 8 minutes is actually spent farming. Thus, 120k/8 minutes, which averages to 900k/hr.

So you're going to stand around and wait at the farming patch? You don't spend 75 minutes watching grass grow, you go out and spend that time doing something else. Only the 8 minutes is actually spent farming. Thus, 120k/8 minutes, which averages to 900k/hr.

Then that depends on what you do in your spare 52 minutes. The way you wrote your posts it gave the impression of 900k per hour with farming, which just isn't possible.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Then that depends on what you do in your spare 52 minutes. The way you wrote your posts it gave the impression of 900k per hour with farming, which just isn't possible.

There is no point in arguing to much about this. Both of you have a point. In absolute time, farming does not generate 900k/hr, but it does in relative terms. Farming is a good money maker for the small amount of time you need to invest in it. However, you can not to it continuously and will need another method if you want to non-stop generate cash.

phata_elise.png

Mostly they sell for low is that some herbs and seeds are not worth the farming because they don't bring back their money and their exp is pretty bad. Also Farming isnt such an popular skill that may affect the price also

Calm_Koala.png

Mostly they sell for low is that some herbs and seeds are not worth the farming because they don't bring back their money and their exp is pretty bad. Also Farming isnt such an popular skill that may affect the price also

Am I missing something? Which herb seeds don't bring back their money?

If I do a farming run before bedtime, it is as if they have grown instantly

This is the big misconception about farming. It's not skill you powerllv. Just do it evey now and then, and IF you do it, if you calculate the time you spend on it, and the xp + money you get, it's one of the best skills there is.

But this is getting off topic. If you want me to convince you even more that farming is the best skill out there, just pm me in game.