[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

Ambossador spy is simply the best class to play in public servers. It's so much better than the normal revolver simply because it doesn't spread in stupid directions if you time it properly. You've got the headshot ability to defend yourself against scouts, backstabs to take out people who are unobservant and cloaking to grief snipers with. What more could you ever want? :3

You clearly have no idea how powerful the default revolver is.

I do, but I'm not complaining about its power - "it doesn't spread in stupid directions" - in that regard, the ambassador is a lot better because it actually shoots where you aim instead of, you know, hitting one shot out of 3 even though I'm aiming at them. With no spread, there's no reason not to use the revolver. But with the spread in pubs, the ambassador feels a lot more solid and predictable.

And yeah, demo takes quite a lot of brain to make up for missing pipes. Getting good at demo is advisable because the damage output is incredible and one good demo can be a massive factor in a push or defending a cap.

They both have the same spread last time I checked, the only difference is that with the Ambassador you tend to wait for the cooldown period and so don't notice it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambossador spy is simply the best class to play in public servers. It's so much better than the normal revolver simply because it doesn't spread in stupid directions if you time it properly. You've got the headshot ability to defend yourself against scouts, backstabs to take out people who are unobservant and cloaking to grief snipers with. What more could you ever want? :3

You clearly have no idea how powerful the default revolver is.

I do, but I'm not complaining about its power - "it doesn't spread in stupid directions" - in that regard, the ambassador is a lot better because it actually shoots where you aim instead of, you know, hitting one shot out of 3 even though I'm aiming at them. With no spread, there's no reason not to use the revolver. But with the spread in pubs, the ambassador feels a lot more solid and predictable.

And yeah, demo takes quite a lot of brain to make up for missing pipes. Getting good at demo is advisable because the damage output is incredible and one good demo can be a massive factor in a push or defending a cap.

They both have the same spread last time I checked, the only difference is that with the Ambassador you tend to wait for the cooldown period and so don't notice it.

dunno if they changed it but a while ago they made the revolver (and pistols) fully accurate with the first shot just like the ambassador.

soldersig.jpg

The fact that you can hit consistent 102 shots from any distance is another factor for me. It can be difficult to aim at longer ranges though it's just a matter of getting used to it. I'm a silly scout main anyway, what do I know about sniping.

The pistol, revolver/Big Kill, SMG, and Ambassador all have 0 spread for the first shot.

If you can consistently get the critical shots as a spy you should be playing sniper. What you're doing shooting from a distance is beyond me in the first place. I'm only shooting when I'm in close quarter fights where the enemy is attacking me, or really low on health. Otherwise I'll avoid the enemy, just like I do when playing pyro with the flare gun and axtinguiser and the enemy is a pyro or near water.

To be honest, the Ambassador was a response to the Razorback, and that's all I really use it for (unless of course I want to get their teleports from a long distance, without sapping them).

But I also use it 'cause, if I'm ever in a firefight, there's always a chance I might accidentally hit their head and get that lovely 102 hit. They never know what happened :3

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Abassador goes terribly in a firefight. The lower damage and slower firing speed put it at an immediate disadvantage. The off chance that you score a critical (which can only happen on the first shot in the fight, or the first shot after a reload) is so small it's negligible.

But I snipe at close range and spy at long range. 3:

I mean, I see your point; though it's more fun and satisfying for me to play spy like sniper w/ disguise and cloak rather than "seriously". The backstab mechanic feels broken (maybe it's my mediocre connection) and headshots seem to be a more reliable and entertaining way to play a class that's, well, usually really boring.

Also I love how people complain about pings over 40 or 50. I play with an avg. of 50 to UK servers and 60-90 when I'm playing 6v6 on continental servers. I don't think it's such an issue for the others here since a lot of the TF2 people seem to be from NA or Aus, but seriously, it does not put someone opposing me at a disadvantage. It puts me at a disadvantage. >100 ping is easily playable as scout and sniper up to about 170-180 and maybe even 200 depending on the server. Not all of us live in the middle of cities/have access to internet with enough upload speed to facilitate lower pings. Whiners gonna whine.

High ping gaming is fun anyway. I love playing in American lobbies and getting those lagshots.

But I snipe at close range and spy at long range. 3:

:lol:

Also I love how people complain about pings over 40 or 50.

Haha, oh I know. The other day the server I was playing suddenly lagged like crazy: wouldn't move, couldn't do [cabbage]. People instantly started blaming the guy with 330 ping (half of total players had like 200+) and that his ping was causing everyone else to get screwed over. It's the server people, not the ping. :P Idiots.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Hahaha yeah, it gets silly. ETF2L has considered ping caps but considering "Europe" pretty much extends from Iceland out to Turkey and Israel and thousands of miles into Russia then it would be unfair. Hell, I know a lot of UK players who are far ahead of me that play with well over 70 ping to Germany. There is so much [bleep]ing because countries that do have super internet feel like they are screwed over by people who have higher ping. It's not even the ping that matters - what matters are choke and loss which are factors in people warping. I'm fine with any ping as long as people aren't warping. Someone could have 10-20 ping and still warp like crazy.

Abassador goes terribly in a firefight. The lower damage and slower firing speed put it at an immediate disadvantage. The off chance that you score a critical (which can only happen on the first shot in the fight, or the first shot after a reload) is so small it's negligible.

except im skilled with the Ambassador ;)

Popoto.~<3

Also I love how people complain about pings over 40 or 50. I play with an avg. of 50 to UK servers and 60-90 when I'm playing 6v6 on continental servers. I don't think it's such an issue for the others here since a lot of the TF2 people seem to be from NA or Aus, but seriously, it does not put someone opposing me at a disadvantage. It puts me at a disadvantage. >100 ping is easily playable as scout and sniper up to about 170-180 and maybe even 200 depending on the server. Not all of us live in the middle of cities/have access to internet with enough upload speed to facilitate lower pings. Whiners gonna whine.

I usually have a ping of around 160 and I still get on the top of the scoreboard.

except im skilled with the Ambassador ;)

Tomorrow it's on.

As long as healing is their primary concern. I hate it when medics don't heal a wounded heavy or a soldier in fire to go chase a pyro. >_>

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I hate it when I'm obviously trying to shoot you with my crossbow and you run away! :(

Lrn2aim

or

Lrn2medigun

siggy3s.jpg

I compromise by engaging in team play as some classes.

Whenever I'm demo, soldier, heavy, sniper, pyro or engie, I always play for the team.

Whenever I spy or scout I do whatever I feel like :D

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Renamed my brain slug Herpa Derpin' with TS paint and Google eyes. :D

Spy wise, I do as I please UNLESS there's alot of engi buildings thats holding the team back, in which case I'll try to sabotage it so they can push forward.

Popoto.~<3