Jaziek

[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

When I get bored of medieval/TF2, I do unusual stuff. Playing as spy on Degroot Keep is tons of fun, as is just experimenting with an unusual loadout anywhere. When things seem too generic, decide to be different.

This. I've been trying to get YER/Cloak+Dagger to work, but it ends up being quite fun there (example). Same with Huntsman. When going for that final point, you have pretty good chances to just snipe down the hall on offense.

Medieval is just mindless fun, I think.

Also have both the black and white paints.

I think I had my best day as spy today - I went 21 - 5 in one game and had similar scores often. Unfortunately, the screenshot didn't work. It wasn't on a noob server, either.

Got this game for christmas and just started playing with a few friends, anyone have some tips so I suck less?

andrewgg.png

goldenhorde.png

WOL Name: Sancren, Royal Garden

Sanmyth, King's Destiny

Send me a friend invite!

Spies use stealth, not health.

Anyways, just play it and find something that works for you. Make sure your ping is relatively low, too.

Tips so you can suck less? Don't be spy or sniper until you're pretty good at basic TF2. People WILL bash at you as those classes with low scores.

Attack in groups. Helps the team wonderfully.

As an engineer, try to place your sentry gun and dispenser close to each other so as you repair your sentry you still get health and metal from the dispenser. Also place the sentry further away from corners rather than right at them.

As a pyro, right-click to airblast. This blows the fire off teammates away and you will be instantly loved. ...and helps your team!

If you are unsure what is ahead, wait for a teammate to come and attack in a pair. Especially as a new player not only you have the skill disavantage but you have the geographical disadvantage too. Spies, sentries, and pyros like to hide in the shadows.

Eh, some random tips I came up with. Just remember, experience is the best practice. Eventually after playing the game for a while you will understand tactics, know the terrain, and most importantly, gain skill in the classes. Unlike RuneScape and some other games, it only gets funner the further you play at it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Demoman is a pretty easy class. I tend to think of it as a beginner class.

With the Grenade Launcher, you can, in fact, launch grenades. Try aiming where there are groups of peoples, for instance an Engie's nest or such for maximum damage/kill chance.

As well as that, you can place Sticky Pipe Bombs with the 2nd Weapon (Stickybomb Launcher). Try to set up traps, so put an amount of stickybombs around a door, arch or somewhere where there is a lot of enemy traffic. Press M2 to charge the bombs, causing them to explode. Obviously, again, try to do it when there are a lot of people walking over your Stickybomb trap.

If you get the Eyelander/Claidhaemh Mor/Skullcutter as a drop, they're the Demo's melee weapon (obviously) and have a humongous reach and strength. Good for things like.... Medieval Mode, or when you run out of ammo.

If you really want to try Spy or Sniper, I'd suggest practising first on the brilliant 'tr_walkway_rc' map. Don't download tr_walkway_rc2, because that's broken.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I actually got called a hack on a server because it was Melee only and I was a demoman with Eyelander+Targe. It's not that hard, and I used to play Melee modes on other FPS games ALOT. :rolleyes:

Popoto.~<3

If you really want to try Spy or Sniper, I'd suggest practising first on the brilliant 'tr_walkway_rc' map. Don't download tr_walkway_rc2, because that's broken.

2fort is also very sniper friendly, and there are enough entrances that spies are also useful.

2fort isn't a great place to learn either of those, imo. It is a decent map for just general shenanigans, as it's small and easy to understand.

I've found sniping with the Huntsman is great for getting used to the game if you want to stay a bit behind the team. The normal sniper rifle takes a bit of getting used to - I found Hightower was extremely useful for learning to snipe.

Demoman was great fun, and staying with your team definitely helps. I'm sure I'll put more time into sniping/spying once I learn a few of the maps and general strategies.

Overall, quite a fun game.

andrewgg.png

goldenhorde.png

WOL Name: Sancren, Royal Garden

Sanmyth, King's Destiny

Send me a friend invite!

Thing is, in upper levels of play, Demomen have it the hardest of all. They're limited to one per team alongside the medics and more recently, heavies. Scouts are your main counter and most can two-four shot you easily enough. Their disjointed hitboxes do not help matters at all. You practically need some support in the form of a scout to protect you, or a medic. To balance it off, they have area denial and some insane firepower.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Everybody join the server 63.251.20.219:27015 and see how it works for you. It runs well, is never crowded, and there's no mic spam. The only downside is it's almost always empty. The reason I want it used is because my ping on it is beastly and I can do all sorts of crazy spy tricks.

How in the hell do I have most posts in this thread?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

How in the hell do I have most posts in this thread?

I'm pretty sure you're attracted to Scouts and his bat bonking abilities.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well I do enjoy bonking, especially when scouts are involved.

I didn't mean the third thing this sentence can mean, but [bleep] it, posting anyways.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I finally crafted a Fez. :thumbup:

But Saharan Spy is hard. Getting the first disguise is hell.

I play Saharan Spy without the Fez. YER is harder getting the first disguise, but after that you can string together huge chains of backstabs without people noticing. It's also great for engie/sentry combos.

I used to use the DR, but with YER it's pretty bad. I've switched to IW now, as the C&D just isn't quick enough for me. I've seen normal knife + DR played amazingly, but I'm too attached to my YER.

The reason I don't use the fez is I'm pretty sure it's also got that negative effect - extended visibility time when shot or bumped into. Also, Modest Pile looks better.

Even when I'm not playing Saharan Spy, I still wear the Fez because it looks cool.

But seriously, I have huge issues getting the first disguise.

But after I get that first disguise, it's like, chainstab the entire payload.

I GOT A LE PARTY PHANTOM DROP WOO

Spy is pretty much all I play, so with the Modest Pile and the H'ween Skull I crafted I really don't need any more hats. I guess I'll just start stocking up for a max head.

O_o what astonds me is how many kills he can get with the grenade launcher. normally I miss 10,000 times.

Popoto.~<3

Jesus Christ... wow.

I feel so nub cause the most I can do as a Demoman is spam 'nades round a corner and hope for kills 3:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Keep in mind crit pipe bombs have large blast radius and are easier to explode on impact. But killing 60% of the other team in the first 10 seconds, is a feat of amazement on its own.

siggy3s.jpg

Jesus Christ... wow.

I feel so nub cause the most I can do as a Demoman is spam 'nades round a corner and hope for kills 3:

Same thing I do. Its so hard to anticipate where it'll hit because it bounces around and unlike the rockets, slower and not straight

Popoto.~<3

Thing is, the grenades have an arc. Use that to your advantage, like firing over walls, bouncing them off walls around corners, etc.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.