[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to be a pro soldier:

Timing > Anytime.

Where rockets go > Around the enemy (see here for splash damage - who needs to aim!).

Crocket ratio > Every single [bleep]ing rocket that's pointed at you.

At least, that's in my experience from the sadacts that Solly on my favourite server ._.'

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

How to be a pro soldier:

Timing > Anytime.

Where rockets go > Around the enemy (see here for splash damage - who needs to aim!).

Crocket ratio > Every single [bleep]ing rocket that's pointed at you.

At least, that's in my experience from the sadacts that Solly on my favourite server ._.'

Haha yeah, I always joke about something dying whenever you hit M1 as soldier. It's often true. I always try to play the class a bit differently since being a jumper and flanker is a lot more satisfying than pocketing.

And yeah, demo is useful. Really annoying when you get a good one too. I have like 40 hours of demo in total so I'm probably not the best but remember you don't need to aim as high/low or as far as you do with solly and you'll be hitting those sweet pipes in no time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dg_HiMS9Ss

/plug

div 6/5 pcws/officials

Ruerin, ask Jr. how he learnt how to juggle and aerial like that. You're also better at flicking as scout than I am.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dg_HiMS9Ss

/plug

div 6/5 pcws/officials

Ruerin, ask Jr. how he learnt how to juggle and aerial like that. You're also better at flicking as scout than I am.

Well, Jr. is div 3/4 so he just has a lot of experience as solly. As I said to Tim with those aerials it's knowing where they're gonna be in the air and knowing how fast your rockets travel. All comes down to experience.

Also, yeah, that's probably because I use a really high sensitivity (2.0 / 1800dpi, 11.5cm / 360 turn) so flicking is relatively easy. Notice how I struggle a bit at closerange but the moment they back off I flickshot them and kill them.

[hide=See this Valve? Stop it.]97b256c17da6451240e13e2655e5fdea.png[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Just them trying to get more money out of us.

Crates should be craftable, but that's exactly why they won't do it. I just give all mine away...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Wow Rue, I didn't realise you were so good D: I just hope you check your back as a Sniper O:)

You've got a custom built computer, right?

I almost always Razorback, for two reasons:

- Forces me to take shots like you saw in the video, rather than use the SMG/pee and mess around trying to kill someone up close.

- More often than not I do actually get backstabbed when I play pub + some of the time I can't hear the decloak sound, so it gives me a timeframe to turn around and get rid of any bad/ragespies. Good spies that don't decloak behind me or try to backstab me are annoying but there's not a lot you can do about it, revolver/amby kills are fair game so it's a matter of if I'm focusing somewhere or roaming around.

And yeah, I do. Actually built a new one recently and I avg. 120fps in 12v12, maxed -dxlevel 98. It drops no lower than 80 when clustered.

I always pee sniper. So much better from a team perspective. I rarely get backstabbed too, most times I can hear the decloack, plus jarated spies are easier to kill/track.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I dunno about the quality of players in different locations but I find when I use Jarate, nobody really follows it up and I have to finish people off myself. It's just easier to get rid of the engineers, medics and other annoying classes so the stronger classes can push up easier. It's a complete preference though and there's no objective better option. Kukri has better dps than the SMG anyway and anyone who gets that close to you deserves a knife in the face anyway. :3

Another thing I often run is Bonk; I mainly use it for scouting purposes and it's a good escape weapon if you're really closed in. I find the pistol to be a little dodgy with its hitreg although I'm trying to use it more because it's really useful in a scout v scout situation.

Urk, my computer's a pile of [cabbage] :V I have to use dxlevel 80 with Chris' Highfames config and even then it drops to 20-40 when in high-spam/traffic areas (although it is 16vs16 server full of Demo/Soldier narbs).

Also, if I'm Spying and someone has a Razorback, I uncloak far from them then just shoot them 3 times with a Revolver. 95% of the time they don't have the time to react and the 3rd shot has already hit it's target, but on a pro player... I'm not too sure :/

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I tend to find that sniping is really hit and miss in pubs anyway, it's really fun on maps which have a lot of space (Thunder Mountain, Freight middle, Upward and Turbine) and give you some breathing room but I totally get where the average "snipers are useless" mentality comes from - you can't really do anything against two medics, four soldiers, two demos, two heavies and two pyros. I am also easily annoyed by people saying two snipers is bad because if those two snipers are actually decent and on a map with some good hiding spots/flanks and lines of sight, you can do some amazing damage. It's often like this: you know you're doing fine and hitting your shots but everyone has permabuff and it's so easy to get gangraped in 24-slot servers when you charge shots. TBF I didn't get good at sniping until I started playing more competitive TF2 and went through the maps and learned where to stand and how to time and lead shots. It's probably the most situational class in the game. I play it a little every day just to keep in check, other than that I would sooner play scout or solly over sniper. It's also kinda boring because most of the time you'll get a kill for every death rather than two or three or something like that. A lot of dying and occasionally getting useless kills.

Highframes is what I used to use on my old PC (2.7ghz Athlon X2, 2gb RAM and 8800gts 640mb :v) and I'd be sitting at a comfortable 80-100. If you really need more FPS you can try maxframes. I think it looks really cool, others may disagree. Used it on this PC for a while and never dropped under 160fps.