Slayer - Why do people love these?

Unknown_Warrior

Fire Giants, Dagannoth, Bloodveld and Trolls.

Somehow, most people I talk with absolutely adore these tasks. I don't. In fact, all, apart from maybe Dagannoth, I hate with a passion. Pre-Smoking Kills I thorped most of these (as I've been getting them a tad bit too much then (every 2~3 tasks or so)).

Now, with the introduction of points, that isn't really much of an option anymore. And I'm forced to do these, to much of my dismay.

Now, what I always wondered, why do people love these so much? The loot is terrible (apart from Charms maybe), they hit quite high and don't go down terribly quickly.

So, why are these so appealing? Is there an easy method of killing I haven't figured? In short, why do people love these?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

That's it? XP?

And I thought these was something special I didn't notice yet...

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Fire Giants, Dagannoth, Bloodveld and Trolls.

Somehow, most people I talk with absolutely adore these tasks. I don't. In fact, all, apart from maybe Dagannoth, I hate with a passion. Pre-Smoking Kills I thorped most of these (as I've been getting them a tad bit too much then (every 2~3 tasks or so)).

Now, with the introduction of points, that isn't really much of an option anymore. And I'm forced to do these, to much of my dismay.

Now, what I always wondered, why do people love these so much? The loot is terrible (apart from Charms maybe), they hit quite high and don't go down terribly quickly.

So, why are these so appealing? Is there an easy method of killing I haven't figured? In short, why do people love these?

Fire Giants - Decent experience and pretty good for gold charms, drops of Rune items aren't too rare, and there's a chance for a dragon medium helmet.

Dagganoth - CANNONABLE. Some of the fastest slayer experience you can get due to the mass amount of these in such locations as the lighthouse.

Bloodveld - CANNONABLE (mutated ones anyway). Just like dagganoth, these are now probably the best experience you can get with decent drops. The normal bloodvelds are awesome experience, both drop a decent amount of gold/green charms respectively.

Trolls - Cannonable as well, if you know where to go. Some of the higher level trolls have some good drops, although I don't know much about that. :lol:

Bottom line, all comes down to experience and charms, but you seem to already have figured that out. ;)

Fire giants, dagganoths, bloodvelds and trolls are all awesome slayer xp with nice drops.

Fire giants give a gd chunk of xp and have some nice charm and run drops

Dagganoths die so fast to cannon with lots of high herb seed drops

Bloodvelds are quite easy to kill and have some good drops

Trolls give an insane amount of slayer xp per kill

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Fire Giants - With the introduction of the Chaos Tunnels, there is a ton of places to kill these, you never have to worry about getting a world. They have 111 hp and low defense so you can really rack up the kills quickly. Their drops are above average due to the rune drops, half keys and rune arrows that you get.

Dagannoths - One of the best tasks in the game if you have a cannon. During a normal task of these in the lighthouse it takes me 4-5 second per kill. That means I can do a 180 task in about 13 minutes. That is just amazing experience.

Bloodvelds - 120 hp, extremely low defense. These things die fast and don't hit you back. They are good for green charms and blood runes and if you have done quite a few quests you can kill the mutated ones which are over 40k exp per hour and drop dragon medium helms relatively common.

Trolls - These are also cannonable. They are not a multi cannon task but they are still able to be cannoned quickly. Their defense is low again so you can rip through a task pretty quick. Their drops vary since there is so many of these you can kill but it ranges from nature runes and herb seeds from the lowest ones, to granite shields from the level 91's, and if you kill ice trolls you get a lot of rune items which will cover the cost of cannonballs for the task.

So I need to get me a cannon to make these tasks enjoyable?

And I dunno about you lot, but they don't go down as easily for me. Easily, these tasks take the longest of all my tasks.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

And I dunno about you lot, but they don't go down as easily for me. Easily, these tasks take the longest of all my tasks.

Maybe your stats are a bit low :roll:. Just use a lower master if you can´t stand getting awesome xp.

can someone tell me if they cannon daggs under the lighthouse or on waterbirth island?

The waterbirth island ones only melee but it's not a multi-combat area i don't think, so i guess it's under the lighthouse, but don't they hit hard with range down there?

cakesncats056-1.jpg

can someone tell me if they cannon daggs under the lighthouse or on waterbirth island?

The waterbirth island ones only melee but it's not a multi-combat area i don't think, so i guess it's under the lighthouse, but don't they hit hard with range down there?

No, they don't hit hard. Wear rune with obby/granite shield and they will barely hit you.

Bunyip or super defence pot on top of that and you totally own them, even with 4-8 attacking you while cannoning.

2dvjurb.png

Maybe your stats are a bit low :roll:. Just use a lower master if you can´t stand getting awesome xp.

If you use anything under Chaeldar for points, you'll spend ages trying to get 400 points.

It's only Fire Giants, Trolls I absolutely hate really. All other assignments are good.

Just want to know strategies on how to kill those 2 effectively.

And, honestly, I could care less about XP.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]