Can you become a Player Mod with a black mark?

Adam G

I got 0.3 black marks. It's really stupid how I got the black mark though. Can you become a Player Moderator with little black marks though? I really want to be one and I don't want to ruin it because of something stupid.

youizstoopid.png

Oh yeah! Look at these pro skills! Yes, I know I suck...

Youizstoopid.png

Going for 70 Fletching! Oh yeah!

Jagex will say yes, but remember there are countless people out there with 0 marks so...

and for the love of god, wether you want to be or not please only report when you actually see rule breaking, a slight insult being reported just leaves everybody annoyed, and you no closer to being a mod.

Just play the game, be nice, and maybe it will happen. Doubt it though.

I didn't report for something stupid. I got reported for something stupid.

I'm aware, i was just reminding that wanting to be a mod does not mean you have to pull crap like that, i've been owned multiple times for rediculous things by people who want to be mods just trying to rack up a high report record, it was just a peice of friendly advice ;)

Depends on your offence but it's posible, just very unlikely because there are thousands of other worthy canidates that have no black marks.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

In pretty much any scenario, no. Even if you have 0.1 black marks, it works greatly against you.

They have way too many players to choose from who have a clean record to select anyone with black marks.

Sadly, even if you got muted for saying stuff like "selling [item]" and it came out as "sellin* **em" (totally legit sentence), they probably wont check into why you got muted, they're too busy for that... They just see black mark and move on to the next person, unless you made REALLY helpful reports/helped around the forums.

At least it was that way while I pmodded, not sure if they changed procedures after I quit RS. Probably not.

In pretty much any scenario, no. Even if you have 0.1 black marks, it works greatly against you.

They have way too many players to choose from who have a clean record to select anyone with black marks.

Sadly, even if you got muted for saying stuff like "selling [item]" and it came out as "sellin* **em" (totally legit sentence), they probably wont check into why you got muted, they're too busy for that... They just see black mark and move on to the next person, unless you made REALLY helpful reports/helped around the forums.

You cannot recieve any penalty for starred language, even a phrase like "**** you" is not reportable and you cannot recieve a black mark for it.

I think he was just giving an example that even if you were innocent and you still recieved a black mark, they won't check into it in detail.

And i was just pointing out that you can't "innocently" recieve a black mark.

Yes you can, don't be ignorant. Countless people have receive blackmarks/mutes from just a simple misunderstanding from the lack of Jagex's attention.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I think he was just giving an example that even if you were innocent and you still recieved a black mark, they won't check into it in detail.

Yes you can, don't be ignorant. Countless people have receive blackmarks/mutes from just a simple misunderstanding from the lack of Jagex's attention.

Lol, yea, this is true. I got a black mark because my friend for one year (i helped him from level 30 to like 70) wanted to be a pmod and when i laughed at him, he spammed the report button 3 times and i got .2 black marks....for absolutely no reason...auto response.

Agreed.

Just play like normal and don't worry about it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

If your a member, go to compliments on RSOF, post there, and there ya go.

To be serious dont try to hard, and dont report small things.

they lock almsot any major issues in rants because they dont want word getitng out..like when they were banning people, who have played for 2 years+ for "bad" names and told them to just drop there itmes to a new account..and other stuff like that, this might fit into the lock catagory

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

I read that they just don't pick people who have blackmarks.

-.-

JAGeX have stated themselves that black marks will not affect your chances of becoming a player moderator.

If you have a previous punishment this does not necessarily end your chances of becoming a Player Moderator. We take into account the time at which an offense took place and the player's subsequent behaviour. If this indicates that they have learnt from their mistakes and have made a positive impact on the game, it can result in the player being considered for the role of Player Moderator.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Why compliments section? You mean rants? or no...?

Depends on your offence but it's posible, just very unlikely because there are thousands of other worthy canidates that have no black marks.

Not likely. Jagex hand out black marks like they are going out of fashion.

I have one for saying that "Runescape is more addictive than drugs". Totally innocent conversation made between me and someone else about how long we spent on Runescape. However a wannabe mod reported it and the auto-system deemed it a rule break despite it obviously not being one. When I found out I was muted, it was for another 20 minutes so I just rode it out and didn't bother appealing.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

They usually pick people with 0 black marks but they may pick people with any amount. They look at how you act in the game and how you act to others. It is basically pointless trying to become a pmod because you probably will just be wasting your time.

]

Why compliments section? You mean rants? or no...?

I was making the joke that you post on the compliments forum so you can mooch your way to being a pmod.

GG.gif