Longbow or Shortbow?

Zammywz

I've been a ranger for a while, and I've always used a shortbow. I prefer its speed over the longbow.

However, I've seen a LOT of people, especially in F2P, use longbows. Which one's "better"? Which one do you use?

F2p RS'er, and proud!

Having a basic knowledge of grammar and spelling should be a requirement for RS.

I've been a ranger for a while, and I've always used a shortbow. I prefer its speed over the longbow.

However, I've seen a LOT of people, especially in F2P, use longbows. Which one's "better"? Which one do you use?

F2Pers use longbows because they are stupid, they also use 2h swords for training, pickaxes for training, etc. They don't know the best ways to train.

Mega_ifirit.png

mega_ifirit.png

99/99 Prayer

99/99 Fletching

92/99 Ranged

Shortbow if i had to pick...However crossbows beat them both.

Not always. Crossbow hits really hard, but it also have a quite limited range.

When I PKed in F2P, I had good experience with bringing both long- and shortbow, so that I could take up my longbow if my prey was running away.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

Shortbow is definitely better, however there is a use of longbow which I don't think many people noticed...

If, in duel arena, you ice barrage someone, and they pull out a crossbow to fight back, then a Longbow will outrange your victim, and thus render their range attack useless for 20 seconds. It's best done with crystal bow though, since it could hit higher too.

Shortbows > Longbows (for speed)

Longbows > Shortbows (for distance)

Crossbows > Shortbows (for damage)

And Dbow for the spec.. only. It's the only thing I use it for, then switch back to a crossbow once the spec is done. Still not sure how much I even like Dbows, I've always hated them, borrowed one today in exchange for whip. Despite how sweet it looks, I still have some pretty terrible specs with 86 range. Not sure it's worth it.

fail124.jpgfailbait.png

Fire Cape - Aug 14, 08.

coolnamefailbaitedit.jpg

F2Pers use longbows because they are stupid, they also use 2h swords for training, pickaxes for training, etc. They don't know the best ways to train.

^

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Shortbow > longbow in every way. Your enemy is not going to gain any distance while you're chasing him anyway, as long as run energies are still there. That makes the longbow unnecessary. I wish longbows were useful other than for alching.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Uh...

Do Longbows even hit any higher?

They're utterly useless aren't they. In fact, their range attack bonus is the exact same as their shortbow counterpart...

so... duh. Faster/equal damage is better.

Shortbow ftw.

well if you would've read the above posts you would've know longbows can hit farther away which makes it perfect for finishing off a runner.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Shortbows are fast and hit well, that and longbows are meant for long distances, logially, therefore, since in most combat situations we will be near out enemy, there is no need for a long distance weapon.

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

Well one use is for your first shot. What I mean is that if you use a safe spot on something that is at the edge of the screen You first hit it with the longbow the swap to shortbow when it comes closer.

You..........................thing getting pwned

X------------------------------------X

You shoot with the longbow the when it comes

X---<---------<--------<---X

You switch

Other than that I really cant find anything else.

forummx0.png

My stats are updated weekly... Sometimes...

Isn't a longbow required for the tower minigame at the Rangers' Guild?

Other than that and the dueling arena use outlined by Sharpeyex, I can't see a good use.

you can still use shortbows in the range guild but you have to set it on longrange for it to hit

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

most people now don't use longbows as much because there is no wildy in which you must attck a foe running away from you.

Was there any other use for it than this?

I honestly cant think of one. Apart from a square more range than shortbow.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png