RuneScape Board Clans & their Stereotypes

Dbzruler72

RSB clans are generally looked down upon because of their alleged lack of organization (no forums, IRC, or fansite). Usually, in the "real" clan world, when one hears of an RSB clan, one laughs. Are the stereotypes true about RSB clans? Are they really that bad? Has your clan ever fought an RSB clan, & if so, were they organized at all?

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I didn't know they were that bad as you make out in your post that they have no forums or IRC. However, I knew they can make good opponents although RSB is mainly for more low leveled clans. I know some good clans such as The British Crusaders are based there quite a lot and they're a good bunch so in some cases, no, the stereotypes are not true but judging from what you said in the first post about no forums or IRC, it could be worse than I thought occaisonally.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

RSB clans are a shambles. Lets face it, clan noobs are the ones that post there, which is why there are basically no non-rsb clans posting there (oh, and also the fact that we can't give our forum name).

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

I know some good clans such as The British Crusaders are based there quite a lot...
TBC is an RSB clan? Didn't know that.
RSB clans are a shambles. Lets face it' date=' clan noobs are the ones that post there, which is why there are basically no non-rsb clans posting there (oh, and also the fact that we can't give our forum name).[/quote']Every so often, I visit the RSOF & look at clan discussions. Clan blogs (basically recruitment threads) & declarations make up more than 95 percent of all threads.

One aspect, however, that impresses me, is the fact that RSB clans rely on RSOF to organize events, warring tactics, & rankings.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I know some good clans such as The British Crusaders are based there quite a lot...
TBC is an RSB clan? Didn't know that.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. Just remember them pointing it on a various forum once. They're a good clan showing an exception to the stereotype you listed in the first post, I guess.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

They aren't all low leveled, I know that from being in them. Many however, are just there to scam you by getting "donations" for their "clan bank". Clans that are there for more than that are usually unorganized in battle, and rely on overwhelming opponents. So yes they are unorganized, no to the low leveled noobs thing.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.

If you try to fail, and then succeed, what have you done?

If someone who draws is an artist, and someone who plays piano is a pianist, what do you call someone who races?

I don't think that it's the clan member that are the source of unorganization, but their lack of resource. Many recruitment threads are very well organized and well thought out, but the RSOf just lacks the resources that are needed to run a good clan.

The oficail members lists are kept on a single post most of the time that can only be edited by a single person. This makes it dificult for one person to keep track of all the new aplicants. Also with no easy way to compare you members list with other clan member lists multiclaning can become a major problem.

Events are dificult to schedule because again only one person can edit the first few posts. If a member wants to host an event then he has to post on the same thread and hope that it will get noticed by the leader and that he will agree. Also every member must reguarly check the thread to see is there are any new event, which many will not do. Because of this most events turn into reguarly shecduled weekly ones.

Many of these people put their honest and best effort forth but most will fail because ultimantly the entire clan must be run by 1 or 2 people on 1 or 2 threads.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

My first clan was an RSB clan, but they also had an off-site forum. They were pretty organized, but HORRIBLE in clan wars. My second clan was a fairly successful RSB 110+ clan that I created and ran (but I disbanded because running a large clan was more work than I was willing to do over time). We never lost a clan war, a castle war, or a fight pit trip. :P

Ewsentinel.png

KoAClan.org for adults

I'm in one of the clans on the Runescape forums, and we don't fall into this stereotype. Our clan, Naruto Shippuuden, has been alive for more than two years now. We have fun events everyday. We are definetly not nooby. A lot of our clan members are 110+. In our clan chat, everyone knows everyone, and we have fun. We aren't noobs in Clan Wars either. We've spent hours coming up with and trying new ideas. I admit, a lot of the clans out there are duds, but I can't let you some of you guys think all of them are. That mission is the sole purpose of this account's creation.

"May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce."

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

IMO most of the stereotypes are true when it comes to RSB clans that try to pk/war. I think I've only fought a clan like that once in a war (we lost 0 people), but back when there was clan pking we'd often either clean them up without losing a single person or just mistake them for a random team. I'd imagine that community/skill RSB clans are better (in terms of our expectations) since you don't really need that many crazy organizational/tactical/etc. blueprints to be successful; you'd just need good, active members who are really into whatever it is your clan does. Having forums/TS/IRC/etc. isn't a requisite for those things. But yeah, when it comes to interclan combat I believe those stereotypes are substantiated.

they can be very organized dispite not having an irc or anything of the sort

i remember my pure clan had no irc, no forums, nothing of the sort

but we fought a clan that was ranked i think it was 11 or 17 cant remember as it was long ago in the top pure comunity 25 v 25 and ownted them with 20 people left....

id say thats some organization

• 1 month later...

In my experience, however limited, they possess a different kind of organization. Recently we had a RSB clan declare war on us in our clan chat, and being a Off-Site Forum clan, we attempted to send them to our forum and declare properly (to us). We asked them to produce a memberlist, Runehead or something at least similar. They obviously didn't understand what we meant, got aggravated that we didn't decide on details there and then, and began flaming us.

That is, regrettably my only experience with RSB clans, I hope they're not all like that. I can't imagine that they have a chance at the kind of organization that Off-Site Forum clans can produce, as (in my example) they do not keep a list of their members.

It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and the darkness, nothing more.

The true master of Death does not seek to run away from Death. He accepts that he must die,

and understands there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying.

To the well organized mind death is but the next great adventure.

And now, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

In my experience, however limited, they possess a different kind of organization. Recently we had a RSB clan declare war on us in our clan chat, and being a Off-Site Forum clan, we attempted to send them to our forum and declare properly (to us). We asked them to produce a memberlist, Runehead or something at least similar. They obviously didn't understand what we meant, got aggravated that we didn't decide on details there and then, and began flaming us.

That is, regrettably my only experience with RSB clans, I hope they're not all like that. I can't imagine that they have a chance at the kind of organization that Off-Site Forum clans can produce, as (in my example) they do not keep a list of their members.

Some of them keep lists of their members in their recruitment threads, then your expected to look up any names that sound interesting if you want to know the stats, it's sad really.

IMO, RSB clans have very good organization for what resources they have. It's just that is only the 10% of clans that actually gone somewhere. Many of the clans that have formed in RSB have failed miserably because of the fact that they didn't pay enough attention to their recruitment thread or were very bad in organizations.

22031_s.gif