Free to play riches!

f1p

I was visiting World 1 today (Do not try to wear any members items there or you get flooded with "Buy ur cape" "buy ur legs pl0x"

Anyway,

I went up to the Grand Exchange, and there were people selling the rares, Party Hats, Masks, Santa's etc but i was amazed at the levels they were!!!

I am combat 96 and i was amazed that all the sellers were green to me! Level 77's selling santa's, 84's selling mask sets!

If you walk around in members lands its rare to see a person under 110 combat wearing a rare holiday item!

Where do they get there money from!?

As members we have better money makers, or do we...?

F1p

99 Agility (14.2Mxp - Rank 793)

99 Attack

99 Crafting

There is no combat requirement for owning a rare.

I personally know a level 30 with a green partyhat and 3 blue masks and a red.

They could have been playing when they were released or were skilled merchanters or skillers.

tfssig.png

They merchant a lot and they know what they're doing. I Miner I has level 3 combat and he has a white partyhat.

Though, some of those low levels might have been drop traders before the trade limit.

memorysignaturesx7.png

As the others have said, merchanting doesnt require in game skills, just some startup cash and knowledge of the economy. Also, combat is a much smaller part of F2P than it is members. There's no real use for high combat there.. while members has bosses, barrows, fight pits, duel tourneys etc etc where high combat is an advantage, f2p has erm.. cockroaches and a greater demon. The pvp elements of f2p dont rely on having high combat eitehr.. fog, duel arena and bh put you on a relatively level playing field with people of the same ability no matter what your combat stats.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Sure making money in f2p takes a lot longer, and can be much more tedious, but there isn't exactly a whole lot of options to spend money on.

Buying the best armor and weapon costs like 300k, and once you have that, everything else is just extra.

Sure you can put money into skills, but if people aren't interested in that, rares are the only other options.

160vy.png

They merchant a lot and they know what they're doing. I Miner I has level 3 combat and he has a white partyhat.

Though, some of those low levels might have been drop traders before the trade limit.

Its green, but same thing =p.

On Lil Dan Def (Level 18), starting from scratch, I have over 13m worth on him now in less than 8 months of play. Combat level really dictates very little on f2p in-terms of how much money you have, non-cb skills play a lot greater part in it.

Mostly because the popular good dropper on f2p are Cockroaches, and Lesser Demons, both of which...still earn very little. However, in comparison to a skiller, in combination with merchanting can easily earn a lot more.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Its green, but same thing =p.

On Lil Dan Def (Level 18), starting from scratch, I have over 13m worth on him now in less than 8 months of play. Combat level really dictates very little on f2p in-terms of how much money you have, non-cb skills play a lot greater part in it.

Mostly because the popular good dropper on f2p are Cockroaches, and Lesser Demons, both of which...still earn very little. However, in comparison to a skiller, in combination with merchanting can easily earn a lot more.

~Dan

Ah, my mistake. Anyways, Dan is right; any F2P can make loads of cash as long as they have seed money and they know how to merchant.

memorysignaturesx7.png

well i personally reckon its because in f2p lvl 70 is sorta a hight lvl and members has a lot of more ways to waste your mony barrrows sets dragon ect meaning members money tends to be more spread out.

also in f2p u merchant and yeah i still think members is easier to make money :P "razz"

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

• 2 weeks later...
The pvp elements of f2p dont rely on having high combat eitehr.. fog, duel arena and bh put you on a relatively level playing field with people of the same ability no matter what your combat stats.

Lies. I went to BH low-level crater on a f2p account and the only people playing were lvl 48, 49 and 50 PURES. -.-

newsigac5.png

F2P also has a lot less money sinks. Construction, Summoning. Magic is useless past 59 so they do not need to level past that. Herblore costs a lot and they do not need to level that. Mining, Woodcutting and Fishing make money for you. Combat makes money for you. The only thing costing F2P players is smithing, crafting and cooking. One could say prayer too... But that is easy enough to level with combat.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

The thing is, in members, you have a higher cost of living. Armor costs more, food costs more, you have potions, more skills to train, etc. So even though members have better moneymakers, a lot more money is spent for basic things in members than in f2p.

Amaranth_GTO.png

There are very many "old-school" F2pers around that level. I am 97 F2p with a santa hat and I've had one at almost every stage of my rs career. At the begining I bought one for 200k as a noob in RS1 but that one was lost and replaced later and so on until late last year (or more probably early this year, I can't remember exactly), with the new GE I merched my way from 4mil to 15mil to buy one.

I found that in f2p it was easier to make moderates amounts of money (in the millions), since there are less distractions. The GE is a merchanters best friend, if they know how to use it. ;)

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

It shouldn't be a huge surprise that a player with low combat is rich in f2p.

I mean, what moneymakers can you use combat for in f2p? Roaches? They aren't that fast. All the biggest f2p moneymakers are skills. Combat doesn't help you much if you want to make money. In fact, it's a big drain on your money if you keep buying food and arrows and runes and armor and all that, or if you spend all your time training on spiders or flesh crawlers and not getting any profit.

You don't need any combat requirement to craft air runes or mine runite, and are those not the fastest moneymakers in free play?

I mean, what moneymakers can you use combat for in f2p? Roaches? They aren't that fast. All the biggest f2p moneymakers are skills. Combat doesn't help you much if you want to make money. In fact, it's a big drain on your money if you keep buying food and arrows and runes and armor and all that, or if you spend all your time training on spiders or flesh crawlers and not getting any profit.

You don't need any combat requirement to craft air runes or mine runite, and are those not the fastest moneymakers in free play?

you're forgetting grand exchange merchanting. I just made 10M merchanting with the GE.

tfssig.png

you're forgetting grand exchange merchanting. I just made 10M merchanting with the GE.

Oh yes, that. That doesn't take combat either.

In f2p, the most expensive thing to buy is probably a rune berserker shield for 86k , the only thing they have to spend their money on is rares. If I was in f2p I'd have a load of rares too.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113