Why so quiet?

chaosfox

And, Robinhoodie, picking apart someone's opinion an argument does not make. State your case, don't nitpick at each and every word of his post :roll:

When he makes an argument in sections, it is much easier to write and easier to understand when i make arguments pertaining to specific sections.

And you know what? I'd probably like 6-12 more months of economical freedom and the old wilderness than living out the rest of my rs career without them. Also, learn to argue or debate, not throw insults.

One million players disagree with you and want Runescape for more than 6 months.

And this thread starter has gone by now. What he's going to do now is wait for someone to make a good point, then quote that good point, and try to pass it off as his own.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

@Robin

Actually I'd say the amount of people that dislike the changing of the graphics are comparable with the people that do like them. What is so attractive about your character walking like a wet noodle/constipated idiot? I can see my character run with his hands flailing behind him....like some specially challenged person.

But I fully agree with your other points.

To add to them:

@ Chaos:

Browse the news archived dated to December 10, 2007 and you'll see more in depth why they made those changes to the game.

Btw, the 3000 gold cap fluctuates, over a 15 minute period depending if you traded any items resulting in a wealth gain/loss. You can increase the cap up yo 30,000gp by doing more quests if you are P2P but for F2P it is always 3,000. I take it since you don't know much about the cap it seems you are F2p.

You say RWT is a "dreaded evil" but then you say we can live with it. Erm, no that is a contradiction, we wouldn't be able to live with it because if RWT was prolonged beyond Dec. 10 2007 Jagex would be bankrupt, which is worse than the game changes that they implemented to stop RWT.

Quick-chat: As Robin says if you are under 13 you won't be able to speak freely for online safety reasons. This is also if you are in a QC world.

And for the record, PK'ing still does exist. Just not the way you knew it. It has been altered for reasons against RWT. The ranters from RSOF and the like complain that the Wildy was removed when in fact to this day the Wilderness ditch is still clearly visible on the RuneScape World Map.

All evils must be lived with to some extent, I would hardly call it a contradiction. The majority of players do not buy their gold, and so while a threat to the game, I would hardly see it policed to this extent since its major fallout is player QQ. My account is currently f2p until I re-activate my membership, but 30k is still a trade cap, and is innappropriate to force on members.

The quickchat issue is that my account was used without my knowledge, and whoever was using it had racked up many Rule 1 offenses, my account is currently locked while i appeal.

PvP is constricted, it doesnt have the same feel it used too, just feels.....wrong.

1) I'll give you that one for the most part, but the fact is Jagex wouldn't be able to financially live with RWT-it sapped hundreds of thousands of dollars from them because Jagex had to pay for stolen credit cards. Which is the majority that people use to pay for membership (their main income). Therefore the 3-30K trade cap is not inappropriate to place on members because the cap is used to prevent goldfarmers from giving all their farmed gold to their customers in large amounts at a time, members have nothing to do with at all besides the fact they both use credit cards with some method.

Second, it doesn't matter if RWT has a small consumer base from RuneScape when farming their gold. The $5 that some players use to buy a million gold can cost a lot more for Jagex to replace in stolen credit cards. You admit RWT is a threat, so it doesn't rely on a number from a consumer base to be one. The fact is that RWT had to be policed to that extent or else Jagex would be bankrupt, it says that in their Articles archived from Dec. 10

And if PvP doesn't feel the same to you,you're just going to have to adjust to it. :-/

I'll leave the quick chat part alone, you are the only one that can justify your situation there since no one knows about what goes on in your account except you and Jagex.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

A 3000 gold trade cap? WHAT?! Its too eliminate real world trading and make the game less fun at the same time, a win-win I guess. There is the GE (WoW's auction house, gratz on originality), but that isnt the same as finding and trading, making deals on the fly, and having a player to player economy. I think I speak for alot of RS players when I say give is Real World Trading, its an evil we can live with to eliminate the dreaded cap.

You don't speak for every player,don't say you do, and the mature players will tell you that we'd rather have the trade cap than real world trading.

Never said spoke for every player (notice the highlight), and I dont think its right that your calling all opposition to the trade cap immature.

Either way, you don't speak for "a lot" of players. You speak for yourself. This update was needed. It is not only useless to whine about it, but plain stupid. And it's really hard to call people that still whine about updates 7 months ago knowing that there is no way it'll come back mature.

Yeah after a year or two the americans said of british taxation and tyranny "Cmon guys, lets be mature about this, nothing will change." Maybe I have my facts wrong on that one, but I dont about alot of people not liking it, if you want me too, I'm sure I can dredge up alot of opposition to the cap on the RS forums, this forum, and other sites across the net. Im not the only one that doesnt approve of the cap. And you never accomplish anything without voicing opposition, it doesnt matter if the issue is old, you go to the heart of the fan base (here), and create a stir.

Quickchat? Huh? I cant type? Why is everyone so quiet? Seriously, what is going on here, is it just a free-world thing, you cant type your own chat anymore? Please tell me my screen is bugged or something, cause I can no longer interact with other players.

Then you are under 13, and to stop people from asking for your information they inputted this for pre-pubescent children. This doesn't effect people over 13.

Actually I'm not under 13, my account was apparently used by someone in my absence, and they racked up quite a few offenses i'm currently appealing.

Then neither of us are wrong here.

Fair Enough

PKing no longer exists? Soooooooo no PvP? Meh, Runescape was always more of a PvE game anyway, not a big loss. Unless you like fun, then your screwed.

Really? because it seems that Runescape is only growing and making more money. Less than 10% of the game was the wilderness and runescape still keeps a steady 180k-200k players a day.

I said it was more PvE then PvP, thanks for re-stating my fact. Fact is PvP was one of the more fun things to do at a high level, i would hardly call my arguement 'destroyed'.

No, that is not fact. That is opinion. If you would kindly look at the bolded word. I still have have a lot fun at level 124. To me your argument is destroyed. Well, better yet, illogical.

If you want to nitpick my grammer, then you share my 'opinion' that RS is more PvE then PvP, and you have still yet to address the fact that PvP has been constricted and almost destroyed, therefore, you havent made an arguement to counter mine.

Why is my toon doing that odd movement? New animations? I asked for a humaniod not a noodle bieng tossed around on a seafaring vessel. When exactly did the noodle people invade Varrock?

Better graphics. The majority like them, and the small amount of people that don't doesn't even compare to the ones that do like them.

Thats just plain wrong.

Make an argument.

First, im not talking about the graphics, im taling about the animations. Better environment? Im all for it. Better character and ambience graphics? For it. Making my character move like a wet noodle? No thanks. Many people may approve of the graphics changes, but the animations seem to have criticizers other then just me. Even in this very thread.

Im gonna flee back to WoW while I can still recognize an MMO.

Countered.

About the running part:

Have you ever run or seen someone running? If you had then you would know that runners use their arms and do not shuffle with their arms to their side like there is a rod up their butt like the old animation was like. The new animation is much more realistic and dynamic. I didn't like the new movements much at first either, but the more I saw them, the more I realized just how better they are.

Anyway....This thread is turning into a flame-fest and needs to be locked.

About the running part:

Have you ever run or seen someone running? If you had then you would know that runners use their arms and do not shuffle with their arms to their side like there is a rod up their butt like the old animation was like. The new animation is much more realistic and dynamic. I didn't like the new movements much at first either, but the more I saw them, the more I realized just how better they are.

LMAO, just like when Jagex tried to make the mining animation more realistic? I suppose Jagex will get rid of Lobsters and all those healing foods because those aren't realistic either, hell, let's even get rid of the fairy rings and spirit trees! That way it'll be realistic but we'll also have nothing to do! HOORAY!

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

A 3000 gold trade cap? WHAT?! Its too eliminate real world trading and make the game less fun at the same time, a win-win I guess. There is the GE (WoW's auction house, gratz on originality), but that isnt the same as finding and trading, making deals on the fly, and having a player to player economy. I think I speak for alot of RS players when I say give is Real World Trading, its an evil we can live with to eliminate the dreaded cap.

You don't speak for every player,don't say you do, and the mature players will tell you that we'd rather have the trade cap than real world trading.

Never said spoke for every player (notice the highlight), and I dont think its right that your calling all opposition to the trade cap immature.

Either way, you don't speak for "a lot" of players. You speak for yourself. This update was needed. It is not only useless to whine about it, but plain stupid. And it's really hard to call people that still whine about updates 7 months ago knowing that there is no way it'll come back mature.

Yeah after a year or two the americans said of british taxation and tyranny "Cmon guys, lets be mature about this, nothing will change." Maybe I have my facts wrong on that one, but I dont about alot of people not liking it, if you want me too, I'm sure I can dredge up alot of opposition to the cap on the RS forums, this forum, and other sites across the net. Im not the only one that doesnt approve of the cap. And you never accomplish anything without voicing opposition, it doesnt matter if the issue is old, you go to the heart of the fan base (here), and create a stir.

Comparing Runescape to real life is a very stupid argument. The Americans could do something physical. They could riot(no, not talking about standing in fally square and typing words), they could fight, they could physically do something. This a game. You can do none of those, and therefore if you don't like an update, it's useless to whine about it.

Quickchat? Huh? I cant type? Why is everyone so quiet? Seriously, what is going on here, is it just a free-world thing, you cant type your own chat anymore? Please tell me my screen is bugged or something, cause I can no longer interact with other players.

Then you are under 13, and to stop people from asking for your information they inputted this for pre-pubescent children. This doesn't effect people over 13.

Actually I'm not under 13, my account was apparently used by someone in my absence, and they racked up quite a few offenses i'm currently appealing.

Fair Enough

PKing no longer exists? Soooooooo no PvP? Meh, Runescape was always more of a PvE game anyway, not a big loss. Unless you like fun, then your screwed.

Really? because it seems that Runescape is only growing and making more money. Less than 10% of the game was the wilderness and runescape still keeps a steady 180k-200k players a day.

I said it was more PvE then PvP, thanks for re-stating my fact. Fact is PvP was one of the more fun things to do at a high level, i would hardly call my arguement 'destroyed'.

No, that is not fact. That is opinion. If you would kindly look at the bolded word. I still have have a lot fun at level 124. To me your argument is destroyed. Well, better yet, illogical.

If you want to nitpick my grammer, then you share my 'opinion' that RS is more PvE then PvP, and you have still yet to address the fact that PvP has been constricted and almost destroyed, therefore, you havent made an arguement to counter mine.

I didn't nitpick your grammar. You used the complete opposite of the word needed. Fact and opinion are different. Pvp has not been constricted or destroyed. Pvp is player versus player. Go to the duel arena and challenge someone. Are you fighting?Yes? Then that is PvP. The only thing you people whine about is the rewards.

Why is my toon doing that odd movement? New animations? I asked for a humaniod not a noodle bieng tossed around on a seafaring vessel. When exactly did the noodle people invade Varrock?

Better graphics. The majority like them, and the small amount of people that don't doesn't even compare to the ones that do like them.

Thats just plain wrong.

Make an argument.

First, im not talking about the graphics, im taling about the animations. Better environment? Im all for it. Better character and ambience graphics? For it. Making my character move like a wet noodle? No thanks. Many people may approve of the graphics changes, but the animations seem to have criticizers other then just me. Even in this very thread.

First of all, i think that it's more realistic than it was before. Now, the one thing ranters don't get is the concept of majority. The MAJORITY of people like the update, can look past the insignificantly small thing such as a running animation, and see that it's not that bad as people make it out to be. The MAJORITY of people can see that the Dec 10 updates were needed. And the MAJORITY of people see that whining about updates months ago is useless.

Countered.

Countered

About the running part:

LMAO, just like when Jagex tried to make the mining animation more realistic? I suppose Jagex will get rid of Lobsters and all those healing foods because those aren't realistic either, hell, let's even get rid of the fairy rings and spirit trees! That way it'll be realistic but we'll also have nothing to do! HOORAY!

The thing about running is that it exists in real life and is seen everyday. That can be made to be realistic and rightly should look realistic. Fairy Rings and Spirit trees are known to be fictional. If a Runescape character ate a lobster by doing the Hokey Pokey and dancing around then i know people would want it to be more realistic. Thats just an example of course.

edit:edited in a response to Geekguy.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

The thing about running is that it exists in real life and is seen everyday. That can be made to be realistic and rightly should look realistic. Fairy Rings and Spirit trees are known to be fictional. If a Runescape character ate a lobster by doing the Hokey Pokey and dancing around then i know people would want it to be more realistic. Thats just an example of course.

edit:edited in a response to Geekguy.

True, I suppose I was over-analyzing that one. :wall: #-o

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

Well i'm off now, this argument has gotten boring and i don't feel like repeating the same thing for the rest of the day. I might look back in on this thread tomorrow. Maybe.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Comparing Runescape to real life is a very stupid argument. The Americans could do something physical. They could riot(no, not talking about standing in fally square and typing words), they could fight, they could physically do something. This a game. You can do none of those, and therefore if you don't like an update, it's useless to whine about it.

I wouldnt call the arguement stupid, as I'm simply using the revolution as a metaphor, a mature person would have recognized that. We are the customers, when Jagex does something of which we dont approve, then you can, no you MUST voice your opinion and make yourself heard. It may not accomplish anything, but you can do your best to win enough people over and enact real change. To not voice your opinion, that would be stupid.

Fair Enough

I didn't nitpick your grammar. You used the complete opposite of the word needed. Fact and opinion are different. Pvp has not been constricted or destroyed. Pvp is player versus player. Go to the duel arena and challenge someone. Are you fighting?Yes? Then that is PvP. The only thing you people whine about is the rewards.

Complete opposite would be a lie, and im obviously not lying when im giving an opinion. Yes, your right in a sense I whine about rewards, because what made the wilderness fun was the risk/reward factor. You could only gain by risking, and in a much more open and free environment then a 'duel arena'. It has been constricted, and in my opinion, the fun has been stricken.

Thats just plain wrong.

Make an argument.

First of all, i think that it's more realistic than it was before. Now, the one thing ranters don't get is the concept of majority. The MAJORITY of people like the update, can look past the insignificantly small thing such as a running animation, and see that it's not that bad as people make it out to be. The MAJORITY of people can see that the Dec 10 updates were needed. And the MAJORITY of people see that whining about updates months ago is useless.

If I want realism in running ill join a track and field team. All I ask of a game is that my character doesnt look like he is flailing about after being defibrillated. And where are you saying this majority agrees? Ill stake my account on the fact that if put to a poll, the trade cap, PK revamp and noodle movements would be overturned. Of course, the latter not taken completely away, but altered to look less.....noodlish.

Countered.

Countered

Rebuttal?

It's kinda amusing [and pathetic] to see chaosfox and RobinHoodie go back and forth with this debate that was killed so many moons ago. It was even killed by RobinHoodie. But, just in case chaosfox didn't get the memo, here comes the artillery barrage now.

From this paragraph alone I can tell that you've already got some reservations against Jagex. "Make the game less fun"? I dunno where to begin with this one, it's just so damn flawed...

Okay, here goes. In case you lived under a rock for the past year and a half, bots/autoers/RWT was rampant, and players demanded a solution to the issue. We got one in the form of one of the [ironically] most rejected and hated update of all time. Many players wanted to see an end to bots/autoers/RWT, and I implore you to find a hundred that would willingly accept the hellhole that was RuneScape 18 months ago. I have a feeling though, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone -- most people that have had an opinion on the update any which way are either sticking it out or long gone. Perhaps you should pick a side.

By the by, the GE does a fine job of player to player trades -- if you ever considered using it once in a while instead of bashing it. The only real place where some might find it flawed are the low demand, high value item sector. Everything else runs nicely.

So you logged in to one of the Quickchat servers? Jeez, can't you read? There are servers set up specifically for Quick Chat. Besides, for muted players, it's another opportunity to have a conversation with someone else. Got a problem with that? Also, it's been stated time and again that Jagex isn't going to be removing your ability to speak liberally any time soon. If you can't interact with other players on that server, HOP to another server.

I've played for six years, and have five active accounts; four of which are pure/PKers. Let me tell you, I never did find PvP all that fun, it was always so overbearing -- honor, safing, noobs of all colors, teletubbies (briefly)...

You're also wrong when you say PKing doesn't exist, too. PvP exists in Bounty Hunter. It's not what you remember as PvP in RuneScape, but it's still, by definition, PvP. Or perhaps you're one of those people that are stuck on silly, and can't wrap their minds around that... Not to mention, Fist of Guthix, Duel Arena, and Clan Wars (freeplay) qualify as PvP too, since you're still fighting another player.

"I'll take 'Dictionary' for $1000, Alex."

"Alright, here's the answer -- 'A testing period for software or utilities, with improvements and fixes; an incomplete project. Also the second letter in the Greek alphabet.'"

"What is BETA?"

"Absolutely correct!"

-.-

Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

ya know what rs is what it is. you arguing that it sucks now isn't going to change anything so you might as well change your password and recovery questions and go play wow. geez if i wanted a game with amazing graphics, constantly updated content, real time combat, pvp, and life like physics and movement i would play halo 3. oh wait i do. oh and by saying you would rather have rwt you are advocating and defending credit fraud.

edit: oh and the the most amazing and fun pvp ever added to rs still exists and that is cwars. a true free for all.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

It's people like Chaos that remind us that a couple of years of playing Runescape does not guarantee you won't waltz into the forums and make an idiotic thread proving you have no idea what you're talking about, much like this one.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I thought exactly the same as you when I came back to RS, but then after playing for a week or so you learn that nothings gotten worse, it's just changed alot (and changed for the better at that), clearly you are too ignorant to learn this since you have come on here flaming after logging in once???

Stick to playing WoW :roll: , and don't come back please.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

I believe Jagex have done a fine job maintaining RuneScape. There are plenty examples of companies that choose money over players, and Jagex looks like a saint when even spoken in the same sentence as them.

Bravo, Jagex. =D>

Courage, My Shield. Justice, My Weapon.

Lol this should get made the hot topic so that chaosfox gets the attention he so wants. Why else would he come to a Runescape fansite and lament aggressively about how much it has changed for the worse. I hope he realizes he lost in the second post; defend as you want, dude, your outnumbered

signature.png

This is going to start to burn, like Robin said, so I better get out of here. *Launches a few hundred shells and missiles in Artillery Barrage II at "chaosfox"* And wait, learn better grammar, it should be "Chaosfox".. [/nitpick]

BTW nice to see you here Omali.

Running in RS Old High Detail looked like you were doing the "Crab Dance" and "Spasm Movement" half the time, and you didn't complain...? Why start whining now, all of a sudden...?

Also, I shall field test it now. Namely because I do have to check my MTK supplies.

Runescape HD v1.0.0.1 BETA:

Runescape is loading - please wait...

Performing login...

Field Test Result: Character is not flailing around like a noodle that's whipping an object.

Conclusion: Recommend sight check to patient, or send Tanks to finish off argument.

Sorry, Leetman is right. *Pushes button for Communications to Army Command*

Your arguments are destroyed.

1) RWT reduced the increase of Bots, if I'm correct. I'd prefer a small cap on cash trading, then my favourite skilling spots being taken by Robots.

2) Quickchat is for under 13's, and there are 2 worlds designated for Quick Chat. This stops younger players revealing personal details, and makes them safer.

3) There is still PvP Minigames. Fist Of Guthix and Bounty Hunter are still PvP and are in controlled fair environments

4) It's called evolution. Everything moves forward. Animations will keep becoming smoother, and more realistic.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

If you asked me "would you rather have real world trading, or a 30k trade limit?" I would have to say real world trading, and it would also be my opinion that anyone who would rather have the 30k trade limit is ignorant and/or oblivious to logic in general.

About the whole graphics update...I will say it's a good thing overall because it's a nice change in environment and the fullscreen option is welcomed, but at the same time I feel - from a player's perspective - that it was a complete waste of resources for them - but they probably focus more on the company's perspective.

"More people play now than before the removal of wilderness and staking etc" does not mean that the game is better now than it was before. The wilderness and staking both were huge aspects of the game and the game would be FAR better off with them than it is without because they were great fun for some while being optional for those who didn't want to take part. It would be much like if they removed castle wars.

What it all boils down to tho is botting and macroing, the real problems. Real world trading was never a problem in the game or for the game, it was only a partial (majority probably) source to the problem but not the actual problem. But as they say, the most efficient way to take care of a problem is to take out its source, so they did just that.

Limiting how we can transfer wealth via limiting trade and removing other sources of transferring (wild, staking, dropping) they took care of the problem in a way that they knew would work 95%+ efficiently. They could've spent more time coming up with a possible better solution that would've left more players happy/satisfied with them, but they would've been less certain on it's effectiveness until they were able to monitor it for a while...so between those two options, they took the safer one which was quicker and then decided to then focus more on how they could go about 'rebuilding' the game.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Yay another Runescape bashing thread *note the sarcasm* did you ever think for a split second that Jagex have done extremely well to make graphics like this with JAVA? Basically a program that make games that look so pixellated it's not even funny, so to make Runescape with graphics like this, is an extreme accomplishment. So it's unfair to compare it to other games like WOW and Guild Wars with better graphics that don't use JAVA, when they use JAVA, THEN you can be allowed to bash RS mmk.

:shame:

2vuhgcn.png