What are you living for?

Astralinre

well i live for skateboarding.

I know a lot of you are probably thinking this guys crazy whats he smoking why would you live for that. Well i don't know there's something about it which possesses me to spend all my spare time doing it. There is absolutely nothing in this world (that i have found) that is better than skating with your friends.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm living for my family, friends, relatives, future family of my own, etc. The basic things. They keep me motivated to push myself, and without them nothing would really matter to me. So yeah..thats my answer :wink:

signaturecj5.jpg

wow tough question... i live for fun because life isnt worth living unless u have some plessure. I live for my family (most of em :P) and friends. Basketball is fun and there are lost more but i g2g back to work now so i might finish when i get back

Im currently living for finding out what Im living for.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

I though i've hit rock bottom AGES ago... a normal person would have been dead by now. I don't know where I am going and I don't care even though I know I should. Its just the same, day in, day out...

But theres hope that the next day will bring something worth breathing for 24/7 of your life.

I only live for another day. If there is a tomorrow, im gonna do that too.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I live to become a doctor... of Science.

CanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t wait till next semester, looks a lot better then the stuff we are doing now. First couple of years are going to be the boring basics and tough on my maths ability but after that things should pick up.

Other then that itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s do whatever you want, because in the end things go back to naught. This is probably is one of the major motivators for making me want to get a doctorate, so I can be called a Dr.

Yeah lvl'ing up my skills :roll: to get a title.

to fulfill my personal happiness/goals. which happen to be being sucessful, rich, knowledgable, and knowing that i am doing what i want to :D (which may seem shallow, but really, who cares if you are happy? ill try not to get too philosophical but i dont think helping other people does anything besides raising your happiness..)

Every art and every investigation, and likewise every practical pursuit or undertaking, seems to aim at some good: hence it has been well said that the Good is That at which all things aim.

(...)

If therefore among the ends at which our actions aim there be one which we will for its own sake, while we will the others only for the sake of this, and if we do notchoose everything for the sake of something else (which would obviously result in a process ad infinitum, so that all desire would be futile and vain), it is clear that this one ultimate End must be the Good, and indeed the Supreme Good. Will not then a knowledge of this Supreme Good be also of great practical importance for the conduct of life? Will it not better enable us to attain our proper object, like archers having a target to aim at? If this be so, we ought to make an attempt to determine at all events in outline what exactly this Supreme Good is, and of which of the sciences or faculties it is the object.

(Ethica Nicomachea, Book 1, Chapter 1, 1094a1-28, translated to English by H. Rackham. Source)

In Aristotle's time, it was a usual idea that there was a singular goal to life, which was everyone's ultimate goal, and this goal could abstractly be described as 'the good'. Obviously, nowadays not many people agree - they think there must be a different goal to life for different people. But, (reasons Alistair MacIntyre, a more contemporary philosopher) if you'd assume that everyone wants 'the good' in their own sense of the word, that means that the ultimate goal can indeed be 'the Good' - people just differ in their interpretations of what 'the Good' really is, but essentially still mean the same thing.

If anyone's wondering, I just finished my week of exams. Philosophy was one of them ;)

if i died as i was wrighting this, i wouldn't care. i like my life, but everyone has to die. Anyone who is scared of death, is scared of life.

My beliefs, giant worms dropped humans on earth then left. One day, they will return and only let there loyal followers survive.

I'm appreciating life at the moment. I know for a fact that people would miss me if I died. When I told people where I was going to for Uni (Belfast, and I live just outside London), there were a few who looked crestfallen.

I wouldn't mind dying for a day, just to see peoples reactions when they find out. I'd be quite curious.

Now I could go all religion on you here, but I won't. :wink: But as Christian, I do believe that I have some purpose. What that is, I have no idea. But I'm looking forward to finding out.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I'm living to find happiness.

Ever heard this quote? "now and again it's good to take a break in your search of happiness and just be happy" If you're always trying to find happiness, you won't notice the happy things you already have around you. :)

I live for fun, and whoever that mentioned the infinity accomplishments you could make in life, that's so exactly true! I love life with its infinity possibilties, you could do ANYTHING! :D

This great man once said something along the lines of.. "A human that is not living for anything is hardly living, in fact, that man is hardly human at all"

And that man was Albert Einstein. What a great mind.

As for me, I'd rather not say.