the new trading system

KiLLuFoFrEE

i think its completely garbage of the way the new trading system works. the grand exchange was the worst update in rs history along with the removal of player killing in the wilderness.

my friend said that when he got his computer back (had it before the update) that he would buy me a whip and help me get to 99 fletching. now he cant do that because of the exchange stuff and wealth worth.

i know its not fair for him to help me, but i think that we should have personal freedom to give anyone anything in the game. if the new guy wants someone to give him some mithril armor, thats no problem at all, i should be able to be like "hey i have an extra spare set in my bank, i will give it to him". but i cant anymore

many many players have quit the game because of these ridiculous updates, and i agree. i want to quit to, its getting dumb. it eliminated 1. trading freedom 2. merchanting 3. player killing.

not to mention it rose the prices of alot of items to ridiculous prices.

"Ive always tried to kill the greatest man alive, but then I finally realize that suicide is not the answer"

QsBillabong

lol, people are still ranting about this

it's been over half a year, get over it

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

"New" trading system? Ha! That's rich! I wouldn't call something seven months old "new" in this game. You're just now getting around to ranting about this?

i think its completely garbage of the way the new trading system works. the grand exchange was the worst update in rs history along with the removal of player killing in the wilderness.
So you don't like a system of buying and selling that can usually get you what you want instantly? Oh wait, I'm sorry, you're probably confusing "Grand Exchange" with "trade restrictions."

i know its not fair for him to help me, but i think that we should have personal freedom to give anyone anything in the game. if the new guy wants someone to give him some mithril armor, thats no problem at all, i should be able to be like "hey i have an extra spare set in my bank, i will give it to him". but i cant anymore
Well, you can't give really expensive things, but you could give some simple yet needed things. You don't seem like the person who gives mithril armor to random strangers, though. I could be wrong.
many many players have quit the game because of these ridiculous updates, and i agree. i want to quit to, its getting dumb. it eliminated 1. trading freedom 2. merchanting 3. player killing.
You forgot to mention that many, many more stayed with the game. You're still free to trade, provided the other person adds enough value. Merchanting isn't dead, it's just changed. Player killing isn't dead, just replaced with a limited area with additional rules.

You want to quit? Quit. It seems like you don't see much enjoyment in the game, and nobody's making you play.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

my friend said that when he got his computer back (had it before the update) that he would buy me a whip and help me get to 99 fletching. now he cant do that because of the exchange stuff and wealth worth.

Get ready to be flamed by a bunch of Jagex lovers and no lifers.

Eatrunearrow.png

And who might you be to call them no lifers or Jagex lovers hmmm? Just because they think differently than you doesn' t make you more important than them.

And I' ve been reading trough your rants. Come on! If you hate the game so much just do the logical and quit. And this IS a Rune Scape fansite afterall.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Hey, pot! It's the kettle calling! -.-

It's been about seven months, these types of posts don't have any discussion value anymore. If you want something in RuneScape, what's wrong with dirtying your own hands and getting it done yourself? Sheesh.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

wat he said... ur not really blaming GE though -.-

ur blaming trade limit.

GE is actually best update in runescape. it makes things easy to buy and gives everyone the exact street price.

wat he said... ur not really blaming GE though -.-

ur blaming trade limit.

GE is actually best update in runescape. it makes things easy to buy and gives everyone the exact street price.

I do kind of miss bartering, but on the other hand I do like the convenience and not having to stand in a bank typing for hours.

And to KiLLuFoFrEE: I'm afraid I have to agree with some of the other people here though and say that if you don't enjoy the game anymore then stop dragging your feet and quit.

And supported by a bunch of whiners, aru :D

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

And supported by immature crybabies.

Rofl, I never bothered to actually click the link in your sig. Went there and realized you run a funorb fansite ROFL. You're the biggest Jagex fanboy EVER. A fansite for their crappy games?? ROFL.

Eatrunearrow.png

Rofl, I never bothered to actually click the link in your sig. Went there and realized you run a funorb fansite ROFL. You're the biggest Jagex fanboy EVER. A fansite for their crappy games?? ROFL.

or maybe, it means he enjoys playing the games on FunOrb and wants to help and meet other people who also enjoy playing the games on FunOrb.

You seem to hate Jagex a lot, why do you continue to play, and probably pay for, their games?

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

OH MY GOD I ENJOY FUNORB, JAGEX FANBOY JAGEX FANBOY!!!! AHHHHH *TURRET ENABLED* NEED A MEDIC, THE CONSISTENCY IS DOWN, THE SYSTEM IS UPRISING, IT'S BECOME SELF AWARE, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

God forbid I have a personality, I know how enjoying anything Jagex does makes me a fanboy, but I set up that fansite to spread Funorb around more, because it was getting hardly any publicity. Now the website's ranked #3 on Google for FunOrb

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Our life consists of playing Runescape and enjoying it. Your life consists of playing Runescape and complaining about it. Looks like we're all no lifers here to me. The only difference is that we are happy about the choice we made, and you are not.

By the way, I don't see how pointing out propaganda is "flaming". Coming on here and saying that everyone who disagrees is a no-lifer is what flaming really is.

To the topic starter: The trading system is not new. Half a year doesn't qualify as "new". And besides, I'd rather have a game ridden of RWT than for you to get your Whip.

What in the world are you talking about??

7 months have passed. This is not new. It's useless and annoying to whine about it.

Also, ignore everything Eatrunearrow says. He's just bitter and doesn't make much sense.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

1.trading freedom

i dont see the need for this..and even less with the lending update

2.merchanting

the point of the game is to make money off skill not from buying stuff lower and then selling higher :P

3.theres still a wilderness and theres still pking in bounty hunter

1. Sorry, I could have sworn I heard something about communism being.. bad? Without free trade, its pretty much a communist game. The game tells you what its worth, and wont let you sell it for anything else. That may be fine in single player games, but that just doesn't fly in mmos.

2. Merchanting was always a big thing in runescape. The only people who seemed to hate it was those who didn't have enough intelligence to do it, or those who prefered skilling. Now, if you prefer skilling, thats all good, go skill? If your too stupid, well, thats not my fault. ::'

3. Bounty hunter does not replace the real wildy. That was a HUGE part of the game, half the reason me and many friends even played was because of the pking.

To the topic starter: The trading system is not new. Half a year doesn't qualify as "new". And besides, I'd rather have a game ridden of RWT than for you to get your Whip.

You can never get rid of RWT. Honestly, whats discouraging a lot of RWT in the game now, is probably the fact that it went so far downhill they have better games to sell money from. Not that hard to sell an account with a bunch of cash / items on it, you can still RWT.

Well, you can't give really expensive things, but you could give some simple yet needed things. You don't seem like the person who gives mithril armor to random strangers, though. I could be wrong.

Not sure about the OP, but I was the type to do that. I gave away free dragon items, free runes, free rune armor, hell, one time I gave away a whip just because I felt like it. I used to have random drop parties, dropped millions for my clan, and sometimes for random people. I enjoyed doing that, they took that away too. Don't even THINK of saying party room or whatever the thing is called either.. That thing is crap.

You forgot to mention that many, many more stayed with the game. You're still free to trade, provided the other person adds enough value. Merchanting isn't dead, it's just changed. Player killing isn't dead, just replaced with a limited area with additional rules.

He was talking about free trade, not the ability to trade. Free trade is when you can trade whatever you want, for whatever. Values don't mean crap. I smell communism, oh wait thats just runescapes trade system.

Merchanting isnt dead, but hell its probably not worth it. I wouldn't know, I'm one of the ones who quit when it happened. I'm only here because I like replying to rants ::'

Anywho, the trade system is sad. I'm pretty bored, idk why I even typed this. I could sum it up in a few words, but I think you should read this, because more time reading this means less time no lifeing a game where you cant even trade freely. :lol:

You can never get rid of RWT. Honestly, whats discouraging a lot of RWT in the game now, is probably the fact that it went so far downhill they have better games to sell money from. Not that hard to sell an account with a bunch of cash / items on it, you can still RWT.

Alright, I guess I'll have to specify. I like the fact that RWT is much much MUCH more uncommon than it was before the updates.

You're only saying it exists for argument's sake. Just face it. People don't like using BH to RWT. People liked doing normal trades to RWT. We don't see bots and goldfarmers like we used to, now do we? Also, the updates prevent scamming now too. Or wait - are you going to tell me scamming still exists because of the 30k limit? :roll:

Not that hard to sell an account with a bunch of cash / items on it, you can still RWT.

In theory, yes. But how many people actually do that? People liked to RWT to make their mains richer.

Tip.It is a fansite for Runescape.

Whats that make you? Kissing Jagex's [wagon] by continuing to play the game you 'hate the changes off' and making constant posts on the games fansite.

Its a game fansite for gods sake. People here are GOING to support Jagex, anyone who doesnt is an annoying troll, wow, you look like you fit that category PERFECTLY.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Big BLEH to the starter of this topic. Have you been living underneath a rock for the last 7 months? Yes Jagex updates have destroyed certain aspects of the Runescape world as we knew it, and there are new updates that made Runescape a more pleasant place since then. Clearly you didn't know the reason these updates came into place because there was IRL scamming with trading rune gold, the RWT-ers. They made it so that we lost aspects of our game that will never come back.

Merchanting for instance is not dead, you can merchant now easily without moving through the GE, you can make millions a day (not revealing my secrets sorry ;) )

The wildy as been replaced with a few minigames, although these do not satisfy most players, it still gives a little bit of satisfaction and ease on our pain.

Anyways if you haven't played for 7 months, and now come crawling from beneath your rock and starting complaining about how the world (of runescape) changed and how you hate Jagex for these updates and hate the game then you have to get this information into your sense:

The ones that ensured us with the updates from then was the RWT-ers & Macroers, don't blame Jagex for a response on this, we can however say they could have resolved the problem in a different matter but we can't take it back now, live with it!

And before you start ranting about things such as the GE, maybe start informing at your friends what has changed, and what are the benefits of these updates.

And last, if you don't seem to be able to play the game any more in it's current state then just quit, crawl back to your rock and start sleeping again.

Oh and one more thing. I continue to play the game because I like it. You continue to play the game despite hating it. If I'm a fanboy, what does that make you, aside from someone with clearly nothing better to do (IE: No life)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Oh and one more thing. I continue to play the game because I like it. You continue to play the game despite hating it. If I'm a fanboy, what does that make you, aside from someone with clearly nothing better to do (IE: No life)

I have a small list...Then when I add in how stupid he's being it gets longer and suddenly my computer lost 50% of its memory space.

And what in the name of God does enjoying games have to do with being a fanboy?Gee,you keep making bad rants,you nooby fanboy of moot. :roll:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]