P2p #1:
Bloodshed Kingdom [bsK]

P2p #2: Demonic Legion [DLG]

Latest Wars:

[*:2hhjmzcm]
TSA defeats TLoTJ for P2P War Ranking

Separator.png

In the Clan Board this Week:

The clans are signed up and some of the results are in, the TCE Full Out F2p War Tournament is on it's way. Who will be the ultimate winner?

Your ready for war and you get that dreaded call, clan victory or your real life events, which one would you choose, the CD board discusses The Real Life Factor.

The new graphics are here but the verdict isn't in, how will these new graphics and full screen mode affect your clan? Discuss in How will the new graphics affect the clan world?

Separator.png

Spotlight On: The Death Monkeighs [TDM]

By: Peterpan538

For this week's Chronicle we have gone no place other than the jungle, The Death Monkeighs to be exact. They call themselves "monkeighs". TDM is a clan of all traits, they specialize in community, skilling, monster hunting and warring.

Fast Facts:

•  
    [*:2hhjmzcm]The Death Monkeighs Clan was formed on Nov. 19th, 2004, by Carlos74.

[*:2hhjmzcm]TDM started as a a 65+ requirement clan. (today they are 95+)

[*:2hhjmzcm]TDM once had a junior clan by the name of LDM (Lil' Death Monkeighs). LDM disbanded on Jan. 1st 2006

[*:2hhjmzcm]TDM was at one time the largest privately founded clan (not backed by a fan-site or other large organization), and remains in the top ranks of this category to this day.

Warring Background

TDM not only contains a strong community, they also maintain a group of warring monkeighs. They have just recently introduced a warring only list. Also they have become more active (and competitive) in the P2p warring scene.

Recent F2p Wars

TDM VS Triforce

Date: June 20th, 2008

Starting: TDM: 19 TRI: 23

Result: TDM win

TDM VS Wilderness Guardians

Date: June 25th, 2008

Starting: Matched Options

Recent P2p Wars

TDM VS Korrupt Order

Date: June 23rd, 2008

Starting: Round 1: TDM = 27 K0 = 24 / Round 2: TDM = 24 K0 = 22 / TDM = 22 K0 = 16

TDM VS Elite Order

Date: June 15th, 2008

Starting: TDM: 14 EO: 13

Interview

I set down with Milkboy31, admin of The Death Monkeighs, to get a better look at the clan.

I know TDM has gone through some leadership changes over the years. Have these changes made a big impact on the clan?

The leadership changes through the years have had relatively little impact on TDM as a whole. TDM operates not as a monarchy or a dictatorship, rather as a representative democracy. In other words, the clan members make up TDM and a selected group of leaders direct the clan and make decisions based on member feedback that are as fair and all-encompassing as possible. So when a leader leaves or steps down, they don't take the clan down with them. Instead the "job" of admin is given to another member who has shown the maturity and responsibility in the past which would be required for a leader to have. This is not to say that we don't really MISS people that leave TDM, but just that it doesn't hurt the clan like it does in some other organizations if a leadership change is made.

Has the clan ever run into any slumps? If so, how did you get out of it?

TDM has never really had any major slumps... The clan started with a handful of people and quickly grew to 300+ at it's highest in 2006. We started enforcing in-game activity requirements on top of the regular forum activity requirements and we shaved the memberlist down to about 200 truly active members over the next year. We've continued to hold around that number since then and currently have 193 members (including our FAs), not counting retired RS players that still partake in the community of our forums.

What was your best turnout for a war?

Back before the Wildy was removed we pulled 402 opts to a war against Adelais. We pulled the upset and took their RAW rank. This led to all KINDS of conflict on RSC and other fan-sites from some of their members who swore up and down that we cheated or somehow mass-recruited to pull such large numbers... when in reality... they didn't understand our membership system at the time and our turnout really exceeded their expectations. But regardless, people have a tendency to see their own position so to this day, this subject is a sore spot for many of them and no doubt will likely even be brought up as a response to this interview if comments are allowed... so moderators be ready. :-D In the end we revamped how we list members on Runehead and our application process to help avoid the same confusion in the future. So at least the system there was tweaked and improved upon from the experience.

What was your favorite war/event and why?

PERSONALLY, I loved the drop party we held when we got rid of our clan banks. We had a multiple day event in late July 2006 where we dropped millions worth of items/cash. The clan banks were around for a couple of years before we decided that they likely weren't the best idea as they were borderline account sharing... From there we heard that Jagex had banned another clan's bank characters and we thought it was time to drop the practice and that we'd give our members all the stored loot. Click HERE to see the loot. :-P

But other than my personal choice, many members enjoy our 40-60 events a month spanning all time-zones that range from boss killing to fire-fests.

What would you say TDM's biggest achievement is?

TDM is one of the largest clans in existence and it maintains a G-rated atmosphere. That's saying a LOT! We have a great team of moderators and council leaders that keep the clan very active with events and wars consistently happening, and we have thrived for many years through the game changes (wildy loss, trade loss, etc...). We are very proud of being a family friendly atmosphere that offers as much as we do to help further the enjoyment of RS for others. ;-)

What do you think makes youre clan successful?

Honest leaders, friendly members, great volunteers, mature community, active organizers, and a balance of proven systems and innovative ideas to make systems where they are needed.

In 1 paragraph sentence. Please describe TDM.

Our Mission Statement:

"TDM exists to further the enjoyment of RuneScape by providing a clean and mature atmosphere where all types of players, PK'ers and non-PK'ers alike, can share their gaming experiences within a safe and friendly community."

What this means: We are a multi-faceted clan that supports PK trips/wars, non-wildy events, and community building evenly. We are a clan built to serve the interests of PK'ers and non-PK'ers alike. Our main goal is to further the enjoyment of RuneScape via our organization and friendships in an environment free from foul language or attitudes.

Separator.png

Does Jagex Support Clans?

By: OldDucky

I'm sure if everyone thought about it, Jagex does support clans in a few ways. I believe that Jagex doesn't have the ability to support clans 100 percent, so they give around 35 percent of support. It's clear that Jagex created Clan Wars and Clan Chat to help out clans with communication and wars.

If you're wondering why Jagex cannot support them 100 percent, it's because Jagex has a website to run and many more important things on their list to do. It's quite understandable if you think about It. Jagex is one of the leading MMORPG games out there, and I'm sure they are trying to keep the work up.

In my opinion, Jagex's support for clans bring more members to join the website. Helping out clans gives Jagex a better reputation than what was in the past. Clan Wars are more anjoyable, and it's easier to communicate with the clan as a WHOLE. About 75 percent of RuneScape's population looks for clans to join. So, if being in a clan is enjoyable--and Jagex helping--RuneScape, overall, becomes more enjoyable.

I'm sure RuneScape wasn't created with the idea of having clans on the MMORPG. However, It became a big hit on the game. I'm seeing that Jagex is being more and more helpful now, because they are noticing how many players are in clans. I think that clans actually benefit RuneScape in many ways, and helping out the benefit would make RuneScape grow even more in population.

Separator.png

Clans In History

By: Lordofrah1

In RuneScape Classic players were required to survive three hits before running from a fight. Therefore the goal of PKers was to kill their opponents in three hits, to keep their target from escaping.

Separator.png

Chronicle Credits

ashozzy2 - Chronicle Editor

Kaphias - Chronicle Editor

Lordofrah1 - Chronicle Editor

OldDucky - Chronicle Editor

lord_troyus - Chronicle Author

Celt23 - Chronicle Author

Wow, thats a great read! Outdone yourself. Good job!

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

Thanks for the comment. It took a bit of Teamwork, and effort. I'm glad you enjoyed the read! ::'

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

My clan fought TDM about 4 weeks ago. It was a full-out, 3 round, p2p war and we beat them 2 to 1. It would had been a whole different story if the war had been f2p because they are much better than us f2p.

Anyway, it's hard for me to believe that Jagex supports clans because I have been muted for war related spams twice already and so have other members of my clan. Also, you can't even advertise your clan site in RS forums because then F-Mods accuse you of trying to hack people. It's sad to see how RS fourms is light years behind Off-RS forums. You can't even post a pic on RS forums for crying out... :shock:

090831004444.png

My clan fought TDM about 4 weeks ago. It was a full-out, 3 round, p2p war and we beat them 2 to 1. It would had been a whole different story if the war had been f2p because they are much better than us f2p.

Yeah, I saw that war on RSC and noone seemed to agree on a clear winner so I didn't include that war.

pan.png

Anyway, it's hard for me to believe that Jagex supports clans because I have been muted for war related spams twice already and so have other members of my clan. Also, you can't even advertise your clan site in RS forums because then F-Mods accuse you of trying to hack people. It's sad to see how RS fourms is light years behind Off-RS forums. You can't even post a pic on RS forums for crying out... :shock:

Reason why is because Jagex had set rules even before Clans were introduced, I beleive. As said, Jagex also has a website to maintain, and also a friendly community.

They're just trying to keep safe, and Since spamming is against the rules, you should expect to be muted for it either way. So, Jagex can support clans, but they have to follow to rules, as so everyone else.

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

They're just trying to keep safe, and Since spamming is against the rules, you should expect to be muted for it either way. So, Jagex can support clans, but they have to follow to rules, as so everyone else.

Some would say reporting someone in another clan for spamming is NH which is why it's such a tricky issue.

This was decent. I expected much better though, as the CIC has been discussing this for quite some time. The only part that got to me was the lack of editing in some parts, and the fact that this was short(Of course, if this is a weekly thing, the latter isn't a problem)

Needs some work, but overall OK for a first edition. PLEASE do more editing next time though. I don't think you double-checked every article.

Also, 'Never' should be a poll option.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

This was decent. I expected much better though, as the CIC has been discussing this for quite some time. The only part that got to me was the lack of editing in some parts, and the fact that this was short(Of course, if this is a weekly thing, the latter isn't a problem)

Needs some work, but overall OK for a first edition. PLEASE do more editing next time though. I don't think you double-checked every article.

Also, 'Never' should be a poll option.

Much wasn't discussed in the CIC. We discussed most Article together. One of our Editors away, while the other didn't have enough time to finish his article.

I'm sure it'll be more organised next time.

dztf80.jpg

Well this took long enough to appear...

I have to agree with Wild Goat... For a first edition I expected something a bit more eye-catching... Nonetheless, good effort... Also a good thing to put the spotloght on the clans that are less active on tipit :) They need a bit of attention too (we havent all earned our own thread, have we?)

I immediately detected an ommision in your credits though, Peterpan is not a Clanmod... He is a mod and leader on the CIC boards as well as a mod on The Conclave boards but as far as I can tell not a global clan mod like Das and Dbz...

The layout has a lot in common with the Gielenor Tribune, which is a good thing (go Bookgeek :thumbsup: )...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Actually Peter is a Clan Moderator, By what he said. And, I actually think Lordofrah made the layout.

dztf80.jpg

Sorry what? Peterpan isnt a mod on these boards is he?

Look at where Das and DBZ are mods, pan doesnt have those powers on atleast 4 of the boards dedicated to clans...

And sorry if I gave credit to unorclan where its lord of rah's part ;)

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Well, He told us he's not a TCE member.. He's a Clan Moderator. And that's what his rank is.

=D> Can I get an applause for Lord?

dztf80.jpg

=D> for Rah...

As for peterpan claiming he is a clanmod, I think the power has gone to his head then...

TCE died, he got put in charge of CTETs unsuccessful revival (seriously, 3 tournaments in 4 months?)... And as much as he claims to be a clanmod, I'll have an admin look at his claims and post his correct title here...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Although I believe the first issue could of been more, all of the editors involved wanted to get this feature out and while it may of been "rushed" or subpar to some, I encourage positive feedback so Our editors can improve, and I have a feeling they will.

To be fair over the tip.it times history, not every article has impressed me so I hope we all take this as a learning experience and be positive in our improvement of it.

I immediately detected an ommision in your credits though, Peterpan is not a Clanmod... He is a mod and leader on the CIC boards as well as a mod on The Conclave boards but as far as I can tell not a global clan mod like Das and Dbz...

As for peterpan claiming he is a clanmod, I think the power has gone to his head then.

He is a clan mod. He has been since before the rollback, but due to oversights and complications he has not always had the flag, They were far from incorrect in that.

Did you LOOK at his profile before posting?

Did you ask before flaming? No.

Consider me disappointed you rushed to make wild assumptions without contacting DBZ or myself.

~Das

I look forward to issue #2

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Glad you said It das, I wanted to keep my mouth shut, Or in this case.. My post from being posted? :)

dztf80.jpg

Poll: once a week or multiple times a week. It's more often once a week, though.

I favor TDM's G-rated forums too. They're strict on that type of material, but it all works out. Flames are rare, & not many clans can boast that.

OldDucky's article about whether clans are supported by Jagex: Jagex used to never support clans. In one of Jagex's first updates in 2001, they clearly stated support for clans, which did not come for years. Also, I believe Jagex's updates for clans are ridiculously slow, compared to other updates they make; perhaps that's due to the fact their team for clans is quite small. Recently, Jagex has been visiting fansites, looking for feedback that isn't on RSOF. Those are the kinds of steps I like & if Jagex embraces their clan users, we might be nicer.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Is das the clan admin now?

I'd hope/assume so. If not, then I suppose we'll never get one.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I've been needing something to do, so I'd like to make a request:

Can I be an overall editor? (Meaning I read through all the final articles and look for typos and grammar mistakes? I tend to be very good at that)

If not, I understand.

Ok: I went through the entire post, and corrected all mistakes made by the Author(s).

- The things I have changed are bolded.

- I have not changed the text written in the interview by the Admin of the clan, as those are his words.

- I have only corrected the Editor's mistakes.

- I have only included parts of the original post that had errors in them.

- I have not kept any Font sizes, colors, links, or original italicized, bolded, or underlined words.

- It is extremely hard to see that a lot of bolded punctuation marks are, indeed, bolded, so I changed punctuation marks to being underlined.

In the CD Board this Week:

The clans are signed up and some of the results are in, the TCE Full Out F2p War Tournament is on its way. Who will be the ultimate winner?

Youre ready for war and you get that dreaded call. Clan victory or your real life events; which one would you choose? The CD board discusses The Real Life Factor.

The new graphics are here but the verdict isn't in: how will these new graphics and full screen mode affect your clan? Discuss this in How will the new graphics affect the clan world?

Spotlight On The Death Monkeighs [TDM] by Peterpan538

For this week's Chronicle we have gone no place other than the jungle, The Death Monkeighs to be exact. They call themselves "monkeighs". TDM is a clan of all traits, they specialize in community, skilling, monster hunting, and warring.

Fast Facts:

· The Death Monkeighs Clan were formed on Nov. 19th, 2004, by Carlos74.

· TDM started as a 65+ requirement clan. (Today they are 95+).

· TDM once had a junior clan by the name of LDM (Lil' Death Monkeighs). LDM disbanded on Jan. 1st 2006.

· TDM was at one time the largest privately founded clan (not backed by a fan-site or other large organization), and remains in the top ranks of this category to this day.

Warring Background

TDM not only contains a strong community, they also maintain a group of warring monkeighs. They have just recently introduced a warring only list. Also, they have become more active (and competitive) in the P2p warring scene.

Interview

I sat down with Milkboy31, admin of The Death Monkeighs, to get a better look at the clan.

What was your favorite war/event, and why?

In a 1 paragraph sentence, Please describe TDM.

Does Jagex Support Clans? by OldDucky

I'm sure if everyone thought about it, Jagex does support clans in a few ways. I believe that Jagex doesn't have the ability to support clans 100%, so they give around 35% of support. It's clear that Jagex created the Clan Wars and Clan chat to help out clans with communications and wars.

If you're wondering why Jagex cannot support them 100%, it's because Jagex has a website to run and many more important things on their list to do. It's quite understandable if you think about it. Jagex is one of the leading MMORPG games out there, and I'm sure they are trying to keep the work up.

In my opinion, Jagex's support for clans bring more members to join the website. Helping out clans gives Jagex a better reputation than what was in the past. Clan Wars is more enjoyable, and it's easier to communicate with the clan as a WHOLE. About 75% of RuneScape's population looks for clans to join. So, if being in a clan is enjoyable, with Jagexs help, it will make RuneScape more enjoyable.

I'm sure RuneScape wasn't created with the idea of having clans on the MMORPG. However, it became a big hit on the game. I'm seeing that Jagex is being more and more helpful now, because they are noticing how many players are in clans. I think that clans actually benefit RuneScape in many ways, and helping out the benefit would make RuneScape grow even more in population.

Clans In History by Lordofrah1

In RuneScape Classic players were required to survive three hits before running from a fight. Therefore, the goal of PKers was to kill their opponents in three hits, to keep their target from escaping.

boomer-one.png

RuneSlayer.com

Psst, try refreshing! Watch the sig!

Boomer, The Editor's already checked over the article. We don't have applications for editors out, so please don't request. The best you could do now is sumbit Guest Articles, and let them be reviewed by us.

dztf80.jpg

Boomer, The Editor has already checked over the article. We don't have applications for editors out, so please don't request. The best you could do now is sumbit Guest Articles, and let them be reviewed by us.

Mmk. Thanks anyway.

boomer-one.png

RuneSlayer.com

Psst, try refreshing! Watch the sig!