The Mysterious Anagrams

Mr_Adam

This is a repost of Official Forums Thread # 16-17-497-51800570, posted with permission from author, Amor Sui. I have decided to repost it on the Tip.it forums because I am certain that we will be able to solve these anagrams. \'

"Welcome to Mysterious Anagrams. In Issue 17 (March '07) of the Postbag from the Hedge, 10 Anagrams were released. Each anagram was supposedly a clue to what Jagex plans to do with the game in the near future. For 2 months, no one had succeeded in solving them.

On the May '07 Postbag, Jagex released 14 Clues in the form of a crossword puzzle. All of the clues are words in the anagrams. Each clue is used once, and more than one clue may be in one anagram.

With the clues, and your help, we can solve these anagrams - Anagrams can be hard, even brutal. There are an amazing amount of possibilities out there. It will dawn on to you to find them. Help us uncover the secrets of the future. Together, it's possible."

~~~

Wise Old Tips

This month is the Chaos Elemental's birthday, and as one of the oldest and possibly wisest entities in RuneScape (Gypsy Aris estimates its age to be equal to the number of yew trees, minus the number of coal rocks, times the number of werewolves, with an accuracy of plus or minus two thousand). In celebration of its birthday, I've asked it to supply a few anagrams for your delectation.

[hide=Anagram #1]I am it. Hangar's at ninth egg on motion.

Could contain the clue "Asgarnia"

[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #2]A shingle's ounce ramp, cur!

Contains the clue "crimson"

[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #3]Hi, Jimmy's a nontechnical pomps.

Ninja Imp stole my chinchompas.

Relates to Rocking Out/Impling update[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #4]Lurk, thesis-stink! Oh, till goofier homonym.

Nobody found the correct text, but it was correctly assumed to be about summoning, therefore Mod Luke pronounced it correct. The correct text may include the clues "skill" and "stone"

[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #5]Guaranteed slimes sing.

Legends must rise again.

Relates to possible Legends Quest sequel.[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #6]Ocarinas blast it: tell warranted variants.

Nobody found the correct text, but it was correctly assumed to be about God Wars, therefore Mod Luke pronounced it correct. The correct text includes the clues "warrior" and "battle"

[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #7]A camouflager's overworked net.

Woeful Crandor gets a makeover.

Crandor's graphical update.[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #8]Hotshot manatee, not thorns!

Could contain the clue "stone."

[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #9]Utmost hop; up, ghastlier salad net.

Glouphrie's Path leads to mutants.

Found after release of Path of Glouphrie, relates to that quest.[/hide]

[hide=Anagram #10]Now seething benign, hesitant. Now degraded trash.

Contains clue "the gods." Could contain clues "Asgarnia" and/or "stone." Does not relate not God Wars

[/hide]

~~~

Submission Code

Anagram

Your Solution

RSN if you'd like to be credited on RSOF

Possible solutions will only be submitted if they have not already been suggested on the RSOF. See the official Anagrams thread for list of suggested solutions. (Quick-Find Code at top)

~~~

[hide=Credits (RSOF)]Sirjetleg, creator of the original thread

Pure As 148, cocreator of original thread

Mod Luke, informant if we solve one

Sir Cordery

Stanton250

Dale Baxter

U1tima12345

Yurka256

Sparkylx1

Justywusty87

Barbenzinc

B3012

Chewbacca No

Javinda

Fargrist

Fable 464

Dark Tanin

Amberrose34

Big©But6

Beypokedig2

Omnix0

Marmite Head

5spirit5

Cleochat

Tompadompa

Winner4455

*Hands cookies to all*[/hide]

[hide=Credits (Tip.it)]Credits will be given for suggestions that seem highly likely/work, otherwise there would be tons of credits.[/hide]

I can't seem to put hide codes inside of hide codes, if someone can tell me how to do so (since TIF crash), it would be appreciated (and credited!)

With the clues, and your help, we can solve these anagrams - Anagrams can be hard, even brutal. There are an amazing amount of possibilities out there. It will dawn on to you to find them. Help us uncover the secrets of the future. Together, it's possible."

And why would we waste our time solving anagrams from 2007? All of the updates that these anagrams hinted are probably done..

And why would we waste our time solving anagrams from 2007? All of the updates that these anagrams hinted are probably done..

ummm because they're supposed to reveal hints about NEW CONTENT. Take for example, that "legends must rise again." one. Is there a legends guild 2? no. I think that might have to do with the North, where the 7 heroes go and 2 come back (or however many go).

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Hotshot manatee, not thorns!

tha stone men shoot at north!

That's one I came up with, maybe the TzHaar a majharrat pawns that are going to fight?

And as much as you will all hate me for saying this, while it torments your sleep... :twisted:

HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!!

A shingles ounce ramp, cur

clasp a huge crimson rune

Crimson rune....Blood rune?

Could refer to the Blood Altar in the newest Myreque quest (these anagrams are a year old). I haven't done the quest, maybe it provides some clues. :-k A lot of suggestions for anagram #2 have been suggested. (on the RSOF)

A Crimson rune has gel cup

:| ... #-o

Geez these anagrams r confusing :?

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

where can i find these on the jagex main websie?

In Postbag from the Hedge number 17, at the very bottom. It is from March of 2007.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=403

Clues given were in Postbag number 19.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=432

Oooh this is nice, I will try to crack the first one right away!

1) I am it. Hangar's at ninth egg on motion

----------------------------------------

possible words it can contain:

Asgarnia

gain (it)

go/going

gone

HAM

hat

hating

hint

mage(s)

maintain

North

----------------------------------------

possible solutions

Mages going North to maintain hatin' (last word doesn't count)

Mages go North to gain it (does no contain all letters)

Just one tip: maybe it's better if everyone first searches/posts/thinks of noun substantives (things), rather than verbs (stuff you do).

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

for #1, HAM get it tonight, moon inn asgarnia

i realise that moon inn is actually in misthalin not asgarnia but who knows... HAM aren't exactly that smart

just my rambling attempts

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

#1) HAM going north to maintain a sane G.I.

I forget what G.I. stands for (like, G.I. joe), but lets say it means general lol. Maybe the ham leader (I forget the name) is going insane, so they move to another place of locations? Maybe the leader is a Mahjarrat of Zaros, and wants to kill all the monsters created by Zamorak... and Bandos... [/speculation]

#1) HAM going north to maintain a sane G.I.

I forget what G.I. stands for (like, G.I. joe), but lets say it means general lol. Maybe the ham leader (I forget the name) is going insane, so they move to another place of locations? Maybe the leader is a Mahjarrat of Zaros, and wants to kill all the monsters created by Zamorak... and Bandos... [/speculation]

Can't be, that sentence got two h's in it (HAM and north) EDIT: nvm ::'

I discovered the word 'maging 'btw. Currently I'm looking to finish these:

Men going north to gain/maintain ....

Men gain might in North ....

Man gaining might in northeast (otao?)

Using scrabble-pieces btw \'

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this thread, because in July 2008's Postbag, "Guaranteed slimes sing" was mentioned. I see that as an excu- I mean, reason, to bring it back. The anagrams are challanging, but are windows to the future of RuneScape (and who doesn't love opening gifts early?)