Childhood Beliefs?

Dizzle229

Can't really think of something except the basic things lol... I'll post more if I can think of something.

I know my parents don't really know about the tooth fairy, so I'd put a tooth under my pillow for weeks and it'd just stay there to rot lol...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I live in Michigan, there aren't many hills, so when we are driving on one, I like to feel the experience of it. When I was young, when I went upnorth with my grandma we always pass over a large hill, and she said "If you are quiet you can feel us going fast and down a hill etc.." I believed her, and it seemed like it worked :P

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I used to think that backwash was from people actually washing their backs and letting it go into a bottle, and not the actual meaning (letting particles from in your mouth wash back into the drink when you shared a bottle of water or something with someone)...

I thought Santa was real until I got up to go to the bathroom and found everyone placing presents under the tree that I later found out were marked "Santa." That kindof put a damper on Christmas. Similar thing with the Easter Bunny, went to leave to go home from my grandparents to come back the next day, and I just remembered something I left inside, so I ran in to go get it and there were eggs all over the table and a bucket of change.

If you left milk out long enough, it would just turn into cheese...Thankfully I got that explained to me before I attempted to eat said "cheese."

I thought my neighbor was really a zombie when he dressed up as one for Halloween (it was my first one and we just went around the neighborhood. He was the only person to dress up because our neighborhood sucks). He was just sitting there and he jumped out and scared me. Really well-done costume now that I think on it. Shame he moved away, he turned out to be alright, after I got over my fear of him killing me and eating my brains.

One I believed for the longest time was that if I left my feet or legs hang off the edge of the bed, without shoes on or completely wrapped in a blanket, something would come out from under the bed and either bite them off or drag me down and eat me.

My wishes wouldn't come true if I told someone about them, or made my wish before my actual time of birth (which is later at night)...Kinda made my parents and relatives angry because I wouldn't make a wish until at least 7:15, a bit later than my time of birth.

I used to believe in all the normal superstitions, like stepping on a crack and breaking your mothers back (broke that superstition one day when I got angry, she was fine), throwing salt, and breaking mirrors brought bad luck...Now I don't believe in luck anymore.

Speaking of superstition, my 13th birthday was on Friday the 13th, so almost all of my class (in a private school, small class of 12 people) thought I was going to die. I stayed home that day and came back on Monday, and they all thought I really died, including a teacher...One of the best Monday's I've had in school.

There's probably a bunch more, I had a lot of weird beliefs, but that's all I remember...

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

I believed that if you sleep facing down, you'd choke yourself and Die.

That if you trip, you have to walk backwards to that spot and walk through without tripping

My Sister always told me that Donkey Kong (from the Original Mario Game) would Pop out and take someone away.

I beleieved unti I was like 15 that the Tetris Song had some sort of Hidden Message in there, somewhere.

That if you left the Television on while you were asleep, it would burn down.

That if you ate vegetable or fruit without washing them, you'll get worms.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I believed that there was an evil spirit called 'Bloody Bones' ( :roll: ) living in my basement, and that if I went down there, it would pull me into the neck-high, dirt crawlspace and kill me. I believed this for years, and it terrified me to the point that I could get out of chores involved with the basement. Blame my parents, they were the ones stupid enough to tell a scary story to a four year old, and then jump at him right at the scariest part.

I found out the truth behind the Easter Bunny when I found bags of candy a few days after easter. Bags of the exact same types of candy as what I got. As for the tooth fairy, I always thought that that was full of crap (who would want those nasty teeth anyways?), but, hey, free money. ::'

Oh, yeah, and that if I did some sort of thing like tapping my feet, I had to tap each foot the exact same amount of times with the exact same amount of force, or my body and mind would be unbalanced and I would die.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

To be honest, I never believed in Santa, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. Not even when I was little. I knew they were all fake and just sat on "Santa"'s lap in malls just because my parents wanted to get my picture done.

j0xPu5R.png

Just remembered the one where if you place an egg in a warm place long enough it will become a little chick ::'. My parents didn't tell me the "whole" story so my hopes were so high that day I took an egg from the fridge and placed it in my drawers in between the sweaters.

:lol: Mom was putting clothes in there 4 days later to discover the egg I forgot about. It had blue spots. Then I learned where it really comes from at the age of 8. #-o