Childhood Beliefs?

Dizzle229

I believed after awhile when all the poop gathered after flushing the toilette alot, a poop monster would arise and kill me.

I think a large part of that beliefs comes from the album artwork of one of green jellys albums.

B00000098W.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, can you all please put these in hide tags? I know most of you are just messing around (Santa not being real, Tooth Fairy is your parents, etc) but reading through these had a pretty big effect on me and I couldn't bear to think what this would do to someone younger.

Hide tags? I thought you had to be above the age of 13 years to use the forum. Why would someone of the age 13+ still believe in Santa, Easter bunny and the Tooth fairy? That's a bit old to still believe in those kinds of things. If this has had such a big effect on you then why are you on the forum? There are threads about gun control, homosexuality, world wars, drugs and you're depressed over busting the Santa story? If you lied about your age to use the forums that's just tough luck.

Goddess he was joking :P .

it is possible for him to be serious, I know a 14yo who still believes in that stuff #-o after trying to persuade him I learned something; never reason with idiots

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I used to believe the drinks my Mam used to give me whenever she was having a girls nights in with her friends was actual alcohol. I hit 9 and figured out that it was just lemonade. God did I feel stupid.

I also believed that if I went to sleep with my door open a monster would be able to sneak into my room. I don't believe it anymore, but I'm now into the habit that I can not sleep without my door closed.

I also believed that if I went to sleep with my door open a monster would be able to sneak into my room. I don't believe it anymore, but I'm now into the habit that I can not sleep without my door closed.

Hah. I always kept mine open so I could quickly escape to the living room where my dad would shoot the monster. I figured that monsters had portals in closets and under beds, damn my mom and her sci-fi! I spent alot of time planning how to handle monsters.

Funnily enough, I remembered the other day how when I was a child (maybe about 3 or 4 years old) I thought that in the days of black & white film/TV that the whole world in real life was in black and white as well.

Me too! ::'

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I believed after awhile when all the poop gathered after flushing the toilette alot, a poop monster would arise and kill me.

I think a large part of that beliefs comes from the album artwork of one of green jellys albums.

B00000098W.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

*Sings* well the third little piggy, the great A student! Ah man that song owns.

To be on topic: I used to think if I could open up a medal a magic table would pop out with all the food that you wish for would magically appear on it :wall: ... I don't even know why I thought that.

;>

I used to think that when my mum said

'hey, wear your seatbelt or we'll get arrested'

i thought little policemen would come marching down the seatbelt

and stangling me with little ropes.

I soon found out the truth when I witnessed an arrest.

:?

I was afraid to take a bath, until Mr. Rogers taught me that "You can never go down the drain!". Ah, I miss that show.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I was a bit of a weird kid, around the time Toy Story was out I think... Used to believe that toys really did come to life at night and they did have feelings. When my brother used to throw them down the stairs I was always shouting "NO! YOU'LL HURT THEM!!" Every year at Christmas I used to line ALL my teddies and stuffed animals up to make a little path from my door to my bed so that they could all greet Santa when he walked in to put my stocking there.

When I first discovered Tolkien I DESPERATELY wanted Hobbits to be real, because well who wouldn't? Tolkien really did make me a very strange child. I once believed that I could really speak Elvish... even though I'm still a huge Tolkien fan I do cringe when I think of the "show & tell" presentation I gave in front of my class about Elvish...

And also about Languages, I used to go to this French class but it didn't really have any affect on me... I used to really believe that if you spoke in complete gibberish then French people would understand you. Un PC ignorance :thumbsup:

What else... if you ate raw eggs then you would start to lay eggs like a chicken... I think that one was one of my grandparents when we used to bake cakes all the time, to stop me licking the mixture out of the bowl!

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.

I once believed that I could really speak Elvish... even though I'm still a huge Tolkien fan I do cringe when I think of the "show & tell" presentation I gave in front of my class about Elvish...

Hm? You can learn Elvish, Sindarin at least. There are guides and online lessons... :shock: (I know some vocabulary - Luin Ithil, for example - but I haven't had the free time to go learn all the grammar.) Anyway, you know what would be better than a show and tell presentation about Elvish? A show and tell presentation IN Elvish. :P (I would honestly do that if given the chance...)

But yeah, whenever I really like a book, I kind of start...Role-playing one of the characters...Like when I read Eragon, I would mutter some spells or something once in a while. Of course, they didn't work...I was quite sad...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I was a bit of a weird kid, around the time Toy Story was out I think... Used to believe that toys really did come to life at night and they did have feelings.

Heh, so did I. Except it was about 2 years before Toy Story.

I used to think, and I still do think, that God listens to Metallica... I dont blame Him, they are my 2nd favorite..

Sorry if it's TOO religous for the thread creator..

Pretty much done with rs now

Whell I always belived that life was too short so I did all the things I could do at my age. So I broke something on me every year. I' ve got around 12 scars on my upper body and 15 on my lower body, 4 on my head and atleast 10 on my arms and hands.

Now I belive I was stupid. Still do.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I thought double dipping was when you dipped the chip twice in a single instance, so I would dip, bite the chip, and dip again. I got in an argument with another kid telling him I didn't dip the chip twice ::'

I also used to think I was Simba in human form -.-

Hah. I always kept mine open so I could quickly escape to the living room where my dad would shoot the monster. I figured that monsters had portals in closets and under beds, damn my mom and her sci-fi! I spent alot of time planning how to handle monsters.

I slept with mine closed because I thought they came from my sister's closet or the bathroom :?

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I used to think that nothing really existed, besides me, and my mind wasjust really playing tricks on me. i questioned the existance of everything. This thought quite upset me sometimes, though i never think about that anymore...

i250746823_89474_2.jpg

I love this sig.

i thought there were little hard working people in my stomach and when i ate something they would get them and put them in the right pile in my stomach and stockpile them for when i needed energy. there were like piles for every type of food i ate.

i also thought there was someone in the center of my brain pressing buttons to control me lol

this was when i was really little