Runescape Fails... >_>

josh181830

Okay, so I decided that I was bored and that I should go bounty hunting... no problems yet, switch worlds, notice that there are 3 world for bounty hunting. I pick the emptiest one containing about... 1500-ish people? Get to BH and they have a maximum limit in the crater...? What the heck...

^Fail #1^

After the BH failure (Never getting in..), I decided to do clan wars with a friend of mine. I go to the list of worlds and for F2P, there is only 1 world for clan wars? and it was full... Fail..#2..

Never noticed any of the above until now..

josh181830.png

Replace Runescape in your title with josh181830 and you'll be right on the money.

Oh no, Bounty Hunter full during peak hours! God forbid we use any, you know, patience.

Omali... Please do not speak about something you apparently know nothing about. The author is right... I have sat for 10 mins a few times clicking my finger off just to get into that dang crater!

Eatrunearrow.png

Replace Runescape in your title with josh181830 and you'll be right on the money.

Oh no, Bounty Hunter full during peak hours! God forbid we use any, you know, patience.

Omali... Please do not speak about something you apparently know nothing about. The author is right... I have sat for 10 mins a few times clicking my finger off just to get into that dang crater!

Eatrunearrow... Please do not flame people who are telling the truth. I have sat for a maximum of 2 minutes at the entrance of the crater a few times without having to click my finger off just to get into that dang crater.

If you spam click the crater entrance, you will most likely miss your chance to get into the crater. You don't have to keep clicking your finger off. Just be patient and calmly click the entrance approximately once in a second, and you should get into the crater in no time.

You can do clan wars on any world.

There is nobody at clan wars in other worlds.

Well, I can agree with this. It is really rare to see a large amount of people in other worlds than the official Clan Wars world. You should be able to get into the CW world quite quickly though, just keep refreshing the world select page using one of those arrows at the top of the world list. Sometimes this can take long, though, and that's why I think that Jagex should add 2 more Clan Wars worlds (1 F2P and 1 P2P).

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

When it comes to not speaking about something you apparently know nothing about, you sure are the supreme consigliare. I can tell by your numerous failed, and might I add, locked, threads.

Something I know nothing about? Are you referring to the concept of patience, or your fine art of smashing your mouse buttons in a rabid attempt to get into the Bounty Hunter you hate so much. Oh my god, 10 whole minutes! That's like, one third of the time it would take you to get a pizza delivered during a football game day. If anything, Jagex should changed the Bounty Hunter slogan to "Faster than your pizza guy".

Common sense should dictate that a semi-popular mini-game is going to be packed during peak hours when only a small number of worlds are available for it (although common sense in Runescape was given its pink slip and thrown out the door the same day people decided they hated the game and/or Jagex but were going to keep playing anyway in a stunning display of immaturity), although I might be wrong.

Normally I would pass over a thread like this, but I just felt the need to stop by and point out that point #2 is invalid (There isn't only ONE world for clan wars), and point #1 is just a subjective look by someone with obviously very little patience.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

When it comes to not speaking about something you apparently know nothing about, you sure are the supreme consigliare. I can tell by your numerous failed, and might I add, locked, threads.

Something I know nothing about? Are you referring to the concept of patience, or your fine art of smashing your mouse buttons in a rabid attempt to get into the Bounty Hunter you hate so much. Oh my god, 10 whole minutes! That's like, one third of the time it would take you to get a pizza delivered during a football game day. If anything, Jagex should changed the Bounty Hunter slogan to "Faster than your pizza guy".

Common sense should dictate that a semi-popular mini-game is going to be packed during peak hours when only a small number of worlds are available for it (although common sense in Runescape was given its pink slip and thrown out the door the same day people decided they hated the game and/or Jagex but were going to keep playing anyway in a stunning display of immaturity), although I might be wrong.

Normally I would pass over a thread like this, but I just felt the need to stop by and point out that point #2 is invalid (There isn't only ONE world for clan wars), and point #1 is just a subjective look by someone with obviously very little patience.

Lol oh really? Tell me which world/worlds have people in it other then the one listed by Jagex. I have yet to see any. Also as far as point 1 goes. Some of us don't have all day to sit and wait to play a game. 10 mins is a long time to wait when you only have an hour of time to play in a day.

Eatrunearrow.png

Lol oh really? Tell me which world/worlds have people in it other then the one listed by Jagex. I have yet to see any. Also as far as point 1 goes. Some of us don't have all day to sit and wait to play a game. 10 mins is a long time to wait when you only have an hour of time to play in a day.

I agree, 10 minutes is a long time, but as for clan wars, any world with 1900 + people will have people in it. Such as world 1, 3-5,etc.

Staurolite.png

I agree, 10 minutes is a long time, but as for clan wars, any world with 1900 + people will have people in it. Such as world 1, 3-5,etc.

Oh really? I'll have to check that out... :oops: forget the whole more then one world I guess

Eatrunearrow.png

Okay, so I decided that I was bored and that I should go bounty hunting... no problems yet, switch worlds, notice that there are 3 world for bounty hunting. I pick the emptiest one containing about... 1500-ish people? Get to BH and they have a maximum limit in the crater...? What the heck...

^Fail #1^

After the BH failure (Never getting in..), I decided to do clan wars with a friend of mine. I go to the list of worlds and for F2P, there is only 1 world for clan wars? and it was full... Fail..#2..

Although it is frustrating if you had've read the behind the scenes or the development diaries you would've known there was a limit placed, and why.

Why being to prevent the users from using the mini game to trade unfairly between accounts.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

This thread is what's wrong with the rants forum. Not the post itself, but the response.

Whenever someone makes a thread complaining about an update, or something in the game it is constantly met with. "Go do something else" Or for example if it's something little, like there was a change of graphics on something that made a little thing look much worse everyone flames them for not posting something monumentally important.

Whenever a thread about pking comes up the same answers are spouted from dozens of people "Get over it" "do something else"

If someone didn't like an update, even though it was a while ago, does that mean that is no longer allowed to rant about it? Or what if that was the person's favorite part of the game, and trust me, bounty hunter doesn't compare. Now, if I said that in my own thread, that bounty hunter did not replace pking I would be spammed with people telling me that jagex is making more updates for the wilderness. News flash: It's been 6 months or so without any substantial changes, I think I am allowed to complain now. Fist of Guthix is nothing like pking either, so that doesn't matter.

Rants forum is getting ridiculous.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

This thread is what's wrong with the rants forum. Not the post itself, but the response.

Whenever someone makes a thread complaining about an update, or something in the game it is constantly met with. "Go do something else" Or for example if it's something little, like there was a change of graphics on something that made a little thing look much worse everyone flames them for not posting something monumentally important.

Whenever a thread about pking comes up the same answers are spouted from dozens of people "Get over it" "do something else"

If someone didn't like an update, even though it was a while ago, does that mean that is no longer allowed to rant about it? Or what if that was the person's favorite part of the game, and trust me, bounty hunter doesn't compare. Now, if I said that in my own thread, that bounty hunter did not replace pking I would be spammed with people telling me that jagex is making more updates for the wilderness. News flash: It's been 6 months or so without any substantial changes, I think I am allowed to complain now. Fist of Guthix is nothing like pking either, so that doesn't matter.

Rants forum is getting ridiculous.

WOOT THANK YOU!!! FINALLY someone that truely understands why I rant!!

Eatrunearrow.png

Jagex has the forum mods locking rants on the RSOF about the wilderness telling them to "get over it", that's their stance on it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

^Fail #1^

Although it is frustrating if you had've read the behind the scenes or the development diaries you would've known there was a limit placed, and why.

Why being to prevent the users from using the mini game to trade unfairly between accounts.

But which Junior Ranter reads?Good grammar hurts their eyes.

Gee,ten minutes?Please I spend 2/3 of my 30 minute recess in a queue for my food.I spend 10 minutes for my computer to start up.I spend 5 minutes for my shower water to heat up.And don't get me started on dinner.Patience,young padawan,patience.

As with clan wars,some clans are smart enough to fight with others on special worlds,no doubt you get different arenas,but on official worlds it can be difficult to know when to go with all the "85+ clan no noobs" "looking for 45+ clan" and stuff.

And guys,I love the god forbids.I'd high-five you if this were real life.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Jagex has the forum mods locking rants on the RSOF about the wilderness telling them to "get over it", that's their stance on it.

WOW. Sad that Jagex has resorted to paying people to stop the hate against their updates. Honestly... Why don't they just man up and realize that their current pvp system in RS FAILS. I've read their sticky on the forums... they say that they want to follow other Games ( WORLD OF WARCRAFT ) *COUGH* *COUGH* but it just won't work. THIS IS RUNESCAPE NOT WoW. Their sad attempts to emulate WoW Pvp FAIL. Why don't they just make an effort to return the game to its former glory... Free trade and Wild instead of paying people to silence the angry mobs. Really if they call themselves "Java experts and game making experts" they should easily be able to come up with a system that detects a RWT'r or something.

Eatrunearrow.png

WOW. Sad that Jagex has resorted to paying people to stop the hate against their updates. Honestly... Why don't they just man up and realize that their current pvp system in RS FAILS. I've read their sticky on the forums... they say that they want to follow other Games ( WORLD OF WARCRAFT ) *COUGH* *COUGH* but it just won't work. THIS IS RUNESCAPE NOT WoW. Their sad attempts to emulate WoW Pvp FAIL. Why don't they just make an effort to return the game to its former glory... Free trade and Wild instead of paying people to silence the angry mobs. Really if they call themselves "Java experts and game making experts" they should easily be able to come up with a system that detects a RWT'r or something.

First of all sorry Doomy I disagree.So far most of the rants are not too well thought out.And when I was on RSOF everyonce in a while there was a successful rant.Why?It was well thought out AND it had a good solution.It was about something people CARED about,not a pirate-y chest in Lumbridge.It was something that people could actually relate to.I can't relate to this,because I have a special quality.Patience.

And for you,rune arrow.First its JAva Gaming EXperts.Crap,no game making.Why should RuneScape,a game where you pay 5 euro or whatever the new price is be compared to WoW,which costs what?$85 to buy?Possibly more?Its not the same.Gee lets compare a game of Risk to WWI,hmm?Seeing that Jagex's solution sucked,why don't you program a solution and return the trade for us?Why not create a private server?

Damn I should go back to the Debate Club...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Well for one, this can be compared to WoW because Jagex themselves took it there. If you read their post called "Reguarding the Wilderness." in the RS forums they say that other mmorpg's have moved away from the kill and loot style of pvp... so they are following in their foot steps.

Eatrunearrow.png

I'm going to speak this time without injecting my normal level of sarcasm into my post.

Because if you build a better bot-detector, they'll just build a smarter bot, or start hiring real people to control the accounts at extremely low wages.

The reason Runescape RWT'ing was much easier than in, say, WOW, is because they could have 10+ accounts running on a single computer, meaning that a single RWT'ing company with the same amount of computers could do the work on Runescape that would take 10 companies on WOW. There's also the fact that runescape makes it much easier to auto because all you need is a mouse clicking program, or one that detects pixels on the screen. The less complex a game's graphics are, the easier it is to build an autoer for it.

You obviously can't ban friends giving each other presents without limiting free trade, so where do you draw the line between looking at two people who just gave godswords for free, but one is a goldfarmer, how do you choose which is the one? Name? Not always that easy. That brings up the issue with staking, sure this person has one billions through staking, but who's to say he didn't just purposefully lose that 30 million dollar duel against that guy who was staking nothing? How do you prove he was selling him the gold? How do you know that drop pile wasn't staged to be sent to the buyer? And remember, for every legitimate customer you ban, that's another customer that isn't coming back.

Do you see the issue? How do you keep free trade and staking, but stop real world trading, without massacring legitimate players in the meantime? Remember how many threads we used to see on players lending items, winning huge amounts in staking, or picking up someone else's drop pile only to be banned for real world trading? Remember when it became a generic response on even these forums to those posts, that if you wanted botters to be banned, then there were going to be some casualties?

If you found an undefeatable way to detect real world item trading without generating false positives, I'd bet you Andrew Gower himself would be on his knees kissing your feet.

I wrote an article for my website on November 23rd, 2007, predicting that Jagex was about to do something very drastic that would lose customers, although I was a bit extreme in assuming they would just completely remove trading outside the Grand Exchange.

I'll leave you with this quote from Mod Mark H, which was posted on the RSOF the same day,

So many of you complained that macroers and goldfarmers were ruining the game, now we are doing something about it and if you dont want these people hogging all the resources and giving other players unfair advantages by selling them gold, I am afraid that a few changes will need to be made.....

We know this would have major changes and sadly cause loyal members to quit. But we wouldnt be doing it if we could resolve it another way.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

they say that they want to follow other Games ( WORLD OF WARCRAFT ) *COUGH* *COUGH* but it just won't work. THIS IS RUNESCAPE NOT WoW. Their sad attempts to emulate WoW Pvp FAIL.

lolz I can see it now. *paints a big picture of fail*

one of the main things people really look past. Is the fact that they are content enough to keep playing regardless of the changes. Its like reminiscing when gas only cost 1.98 a gallon. There was once a time for it, yes. However thats not the case now. Im not tryin to say "get used it" or any of then lackluster brain farts but rather try to convey the fact that most people still play even though one of the most appealing things about rs is gone or rather twisted and distorted.

point being, Its sad but atm there isnt any pking. You can complain all you want and by your right you can complain. but in my mind. Its a waste of time. It wont do anything except see how many other people complain about the same thing. Dont like something do something about it.

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

Go with friends, though I doubt you have any.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

You realize how stupid that sounded

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

And people on the forums call me immature? Look at yourself.

Eatrunearrow.png

Pking is dead. Someone was high when he made Bounty Hunting, after it was done Paul was probably the only one who would have argued against it, but now it's quite apparent hes nowhere to been seen these days. I'm quite confident Jagex is in the hands of children, or monkeys.

Paul used to chill with us in rs1 when we were pking. When there actually was pking, man I wish he'd come back and remake this mess the new kids call Runescape.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats