Argh, Stupid World Map Button!

MicroLegionnaire

As much as I like the new beta, I'm getting really ticked off at that world map button. Each time I overshoot the circle where I select where to go, the world map takes up the *entire* screen.

While I haven't actually died or anything because, I'm just annoyed takes awhile to load, and then unload again. Why couldn't they just keep the world map as a separate window like before, so we could zip it, and quickly refer to it again when needed?

Air_Dragon15.png

Why couldn't they just keep the world map as a separate window like before, so we could zip it, and quickly refer to it again when needed?

Ironically enough, they did it to be more convenient in full screen V :D V

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

yeah... i was running from a revvy one time when that happend. good thing i was a good distance away though... my armor consisted of spottier cape, boots of lightness, an penace gloves. no prayer. skulled because i was in abby before. oh yeah and i had 500k on me before because i didn't realize that the withdraw x option in the bank interface remembered whatever your last option was. so i hit that option because i was buying stuff that cost like 600gp.

yeah but i got the 600k gravestone and i was near the ardy lever when i die. dieing hasn't been such a bad thing for me anymore. just a bit of an inconvenience, sometimes not :o.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

I don't use the world map a lot, because I know it by memory anyway. Also, it doesn't take long for me to load anyway so it isn't too much of a problem. I can see how it would be annoying though, but on the other hand, I am sure some players will find it very useful.

haha this forces you to learn the actual map =]

The point was that he already knows the map, but when he tries to click on the edge of the minimap, he sometimes accidently clicks the map button when he does't want it.

This has been really annoying me too, I seem to do it pretty often, especially on my laptop I'll bump the touch pad and the mouse will go where I don't want it to. The worst part is that the laptop is horribly slow and loading the map can take a few minutes, wasting valuabble time. It's never happened to me in combat, but I'd assume getting attacked by a monster would close the map down. Has anyone had that happen to them yet?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The point was that he already knows the map, but when he tries to click on the edge of the minimap, he sometimes accidently clicks the map button when he does't want it.

This has been really annoying me too, I seem to do it pretty often, especially on my laptop I'll bump the touch pad and the mouse will go where I don't want it to. The worst part is that the laptop is horribly slow and loading the map can take a few minutes, wasting valuabble time. It's never happened to me in combat, but I'd assume getting attacked by a monster would close the map down. Has anyone had that happen to them yet?

Yes, exact same thing, except not on a laptop.

I guess I got used to it though, not much of a problem anymore.

josh181830.png

I agree, nothing worse than overshooting the mini map and hitting that stupid new map button.

It was just fine at the top of the screen where it used to be. I never accidentally clicked on it there. I says get rid of it and put it back where it was.

Just my two gold pieces worth.

in4F.gif

Agreed but there are times when people wan't to go to those really obscure places or don't rember where every single thing is in a place like ardounge.

But they had to do this for full screen, otherwise you would have to exit full screen just to view the map. Still, since the only place I ever need the world map is when traveling in the wild (so that I have a clue where I am if I need to start running), I now have no help if I get a wildy clue since only a suicidal or unresonably lucky person could dare to open that map in the wild. If I did it, it would probably magicly teleport every Revenant in the wild to my location and withdraw runes from my bank to pay for it #-o

I accidentally misclicked the World Map button today when I was playing Hunter role at FoG <.< Luckily I got it closed quite quickly and still won the round, mwah. :D Still, the button is in an annoying place where it's easy to be clicked accidentally.

To Skull_Emblem, you can't open the World Map when you are in combat and it closes when you get into combat, so you shouldn't die because of the World Map.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Heres a wild and crazy idea. Download the world map from the RuneScape site like I did eons ago, and just have it in another window if you need to refer to it.

WOW!!!!

Oh hell, my bad. I geuss that would be to damn inconvenient.

in4F.gif

I've had the same problem happen to me several times. Fortunately not in combat, although I did have it try to load on me in FOG once. Gets a bit confusing when you're in the middle of something and all of a sudden the screen goes blank.

Also had a similar problem when telegrabbing Zammy wines. Accidently hit the low-alch symbol and the inventory screen opens. Fortunately, I don't tend to have the low-alch runes when doing that so I can't actually alch something. Would be nice to get a "You don't have the runes to do that." message first instead though.