"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

My reply was more aimed at the whole banged/[bleep]ed thing.

Saying you banged/[bleep]ed a girl...that's just utter disrespect.

And i hardly doubt it's just because of regional differences. My entire country is made up of ex-pats from all over the world. The majority of the people in my age/social group use the exact same phraseology.

And i hardly doubt it's just because of regional differences. My entire country is made up of ex-pats from all over the world. The majority of the people in my age/social group use the exact same phraseology.

Are you implying that if you "[bleep]" a girl, the girl does not enjoy it?

77yLQy8.png

I don't see how you could gather that from what i said . . .

Well, what do you think's disrespectful about saying "[bleep]ed?"

77yLQy8.png

Well, what do you think's disrespectful about saying "[bleep]ed?"

It's crude/crass. Call me old-fashioned, but i'm still a firm believer that cursing/swearing in front of a girl is inappropriate. And the use of crude/crass words when talking about her much the same, even if she's not present.

it might be "crass" but some girls love being [bleep]ed. and they'll say it to your face. I equate your sentiments on the phraseology to assuming homosexuals are bad world leaders [presumably why they always step out of office after coming out]. Just because a person like's a certain atmospheric touch to their physical pleasures doesn't mean they deserve any less respect. I think no less of a girl just because she likes being [bleep]ed. Hell, I like being [bleep]ed, and I'm okay with saying that, and I'm okay with anyone else saying that about me.

You're just reinforcing a double standard

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That's not what he's saying, RPG. He's saying using the phrase '[bleep]ed a girl' is crass.

Of course there's tons of girls out there who like getting [bleep]ed. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they all like it when you say 'I want to [bleep] you' or 'I [bleep]ed [so-and-so] last night' or whatever (i'm not saying there aren't girls who do like getting talked dirty to). Noxx's problem is with the term '[bleep]ed'. I personally would never tell a girl (no matter how in the mood I am) that I wanted to '[bleep]' her. I'd phrase it differently just because I don't like cursing in front of girls.

And it's a matter of who you're speaking about and/or to. I don't think guys care much if a girl uses the word '[bleep]' to describe what you and her did that night. But the opposite might not be true for every girl out there.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

It seems to be strong wherever you go.

What's so weird about thinking that a guy could use more appropriate/romantic language than '[bleep]'?

Of course, we've all grown up being told curse words are bad. But we can make the same claim about almost everything we think.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

What's wrong with considering it impolite? It's a swear word, and I'm sure you could find some other more appropriate/romantic word for it.

If she doesn't care, then go for it. I'm just saying that a girl might appreciate it more if you refrained from that word.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I just think men/women who would be genuinely offended by referring to sex as "[bleep]ing" are, for lack of a better word, naive (or ignorant. or immature. those words may work well too.)

And honestly i think people who grow up using those words thinking it's okay are trashy. You show a poor quality if you go around saying you [bleep]ed and banged women. I just think men/women who wouldn't be genuinely offended by referring to sex as "[bleep]ing" are, for lack of a better word, naive (or ignorant. or immature. those words may work well too.)

It is kind of funny though. The majority of people i meet, who use the word "[bleep]" to refer to sex, are either the guys trying to act all thug or ones brought up in poor/broken homes. I don't often meet people with my social standing, if you must, that use such language.

Edit: Guess that's the one thing we can blame on regional/societal difference.

Edit2: I guess my view on this has been narrowed down by the conservative life i've led for the first 18 years of my life. And i guess it also comes down to personal preference. Personally i feel a bit uncomfortable when when those words are used, but like i said that's probably just because of where/how i was raised. I'm not saying you're wrong or lack respect because you use those words. After all it's not my choice what you get to say or not.

Personally i would never be able to date a girl who does refer to sex as [bleep]ing/banging.

Edit2: I guess my view on this has been narrowed down by the conservative life i've led for the first 18 years of my life. And i guess it also comes down to personal preference. Personally i feel a bit uncomfortable when when those words are used, but like i said that's probably just because of where/how i was raised. I'm not saying you're wrong or lack respect because you use those words. After all it's not my choice what you get to say or not.

Personally i would never be able to date a girl who does refer to sex as [bleep]ing/banging.

that's kind of what I expected to hear.

I find it easier to talk to girls who don't limit their vernacular, but that's my personal preference. So in the end it's a "to each his own" resolution. Now to text some rather "crass" things to a certain girl :P

I'm guessing it's just because i grew up in a very conservative and sheltered environment. For us cursing and using crass words was frowned upon. People who "swear like a sailor" (or whatever the saying is) where usually made out to be lower class people. I don't know why. But if you hear it for long enough and if it's preached to you for long enough you can't help but think the same thing. I browsed the internet a bit earlier and tried to look for forums/threads where i might find a "sex vs. [bleep]" type thread. There are surprisingly many, lol. And it seemed that it's quite a natural expression. I think i should stop living in this dream world of mine and open up my mind a bit. I always complained that South African's are some of the most close-minded people alive. I pretty much just proved that.

So to anyone i might have offended with what i said, or to anyone i might have aggravated, my apologies.

I was in the wrong.

"To each his own."

You know, it's not only because you're conservative sheltered environment. Swearing in general is looked down upon (less now, though, than it was years ago). Swear in front of your boss, swear during an interview, swear in front of your girlfriend's parents - all don't put you in a very good light (again, there are exceptions, but this is usually the case).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

It still has a twinge of negativity to swear, but I feel in coming generations people are going to give less of a [cabbage]. They're just words after all

Haven't talked to this girl that I've written a lot about since school began (August 30). So, it's been a while (at least in my opinion). And I was making god progress getting over her. I've been so busy; plus, I just kinda know she's not thinking about me at all, so that helps (convincing myself the feeling is definitely not mutual).

She sent me a text on the 24th. I wasn't expecting one. I was actually kinda hoping we wouldn't text at all until maybe after we had all (we as in her friends and mine) planned a get together. Plus, I had gotten her off my mind for the most part.

The text was real simple: "Hello there! So I was thinking that it has been much too long since I last talked with you. How's life bud?"

And I responded with "Heya. I've just been keeping myself busy with this school thing. Kinda getting into a groove finally. How about you? Having fun up in [insert city name]?"

I just needed to tell someone. Because I genuinely thought, "Shiiiiiiiiit, she texted me."

Just as you think you're getting over someone... :\

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Hey, if she keeps popping back up, maybe you should tell her it's difficult for you.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

that annoying period of time in which your ex tries to dictate your life in subversive and passive-aggressive ways >.>

Guys, I need some advice. Okay, there's this girl, just a bit younger than me (I'm 20, she's 17). We talked for the first time in an online chat room and for 2 months or so we didn't talk that much (mostly because it was a difficult year at school for both of us), so in the summer we finally exchanged phone numbers and started texting and calling each other every day (quite literally). She lives a bit far from me (about 100 miles / 150 km) but we spent a week in August together, having fun, going out, etc. And I still go visit her from time to time, whenever I can. The thing is, we're really close by now (she tells me things that she took almost 2 years to share with her last boyfriend, for instance). We still talk every day, she even falls asleep on webcam with me, or on the phone, almost every night, and she told me that she never does that unless she totally trusts the other person, in this case me (okay this is probably a bit lame, but.. yeah whatever xD).

Okay the thing is. We have a relashionshop that's far beyond sexual attraction, we feel 100% safe with each other, we trust each other completely. And I don't want to put labels on our relationship/friendship/whatever you want to call it, but... I want to ask her to be my girlfriend (or just gain courage to kiss her next time we meet), but at the same time I don't want to spoil this amazing connection we have, so that could either be the best thing to do or a terrible mistake. What do you guys thing I should do? I need opinions, please :P

Peace!

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

Guys, I need some advice. Okay, there's this girl, just a bit younger than me (I'm 20, she's 17). We talked for the first time in an online chat room and for 2 months or so we didn't talk that much (mostly because it was a difficult year at school for both of us), so in the summer we finally exchanged phone numbers and started texting and calling each other every day (quite literally). She lives a bit far from me (about 100 miles / 150 km) but we spent a week in August together, having fun, going out, etc. And I still go visit her from time to time, whenever I can. The thing is, we're really close by now (she tells me things that she took almost 2 years to share with her last boyfriend, for instance). We still talk every day, she even falls asleep on webcam with me, or on the phone, almost every night, and she told me that she never does that unless she totally trusts the other person, in this case me (okay this is probably a bit lame, but.. yeah whatever xD).

Okay the thing is. We have a relashionshop that's far beyond sexual attraction, we feel 100% safe with each other, we trust each other completely. And I don't want to put labels on our relationship/friendship/whatever you want to call it, but... I want to ask her to be my girlfriend (or just gain courage to kiss her next time we meet), but at the same time I don't want to spoil this amazing connection we have, so that could either be the best thing to do or a terrible mistake. What do you guys thing I should do? I need opinions, please :P

Peace!

I'm shocked you haven't tried to kiss her before...

Do or die dude. Make your move asap!