Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

Thanks SilverSword, somebody recommended Efterkleng earlier, but I never really checked them out. Will try do it again. Ahh. So much to listen, so much to see. Where am I going to find the time?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Alcest. I know you won't like Tristesse Hivernale or Le Secret, but you might like the 2007 release, Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde. Initially a Black Metal side-project by Neige of Peste Noire. They're more Shoegaze/Post-Rock with a vague Black Metal basis though. very cool, dreamy music.

Cool.

Have I ever recommended you Jesu or

Intriguing? I'm sure you've heard me talk about them, but not sure if you ever gave them a try.

They're probably my 2 favorite bands.

If you haven't than maybe try Ahab. Haven't heard much of it, but seems like pretty promissing Doom metal.

Nadril, I've definitely heard you talking about them, but I don't think you recommended them to me. Either way, I haven't heard them before, so I'll give them a listen. :)

Silver, you could try out Zuriaake. They're a pretty solid atmospheric Black Metal band from China. I'm not going to say they're groundbreaking or anything, but they're interesting, and the music sets a great environment. I got the album Afterimage of Autumn yesterday, so I've only had one listen through. However, there were a few things in it that grabbed my attention, so I'm going to have another listen through later on today, and pay a bit more attention to it.

They're not exactly well-known, so as for obtaining their music, try here.

Cool.

Nadril, I've definitely heard you talking about them, but I don't think you recommended them to me. Either way, I haven't heard them before, so I'll give them a listen. :)

Silver, you could try out Zuriaake. They're a pretty solid atmospheric Black Metal band from China. I'm not going to say they're groundbreaking or anything, but they're interesting, and the music sets a great environment. I got the album Afterimage of Autumn yesterday, so I've only had one listen through. However, there were a few things in it that grabbed my attention, so I'm going to have another listen through later on today, and pay a bit more attention to it.

They're not exactly well-known, so as for obtaining their music, try here.

Oh and I almost forgot, for Jesu try the albums Silver (EP) and Jesu.

Someone else recommend intriuging something :P

Ragen, I've seen you around heaps on this thread, but I'm still not completely sure what you're into. I'm just going to recommend Blut aus Nord. French Ambient Black Metal. I don't think it's what you generally listen to, but no reason not to listen to something a little different. As for albums, try The Work Which Transforms God or MoRT. Ignore the stupid name of the song on the video I linked.

They sound great :thumbsup: I added it to my list of albums to be getting soon. I'm always looking out for music which expands my horizons musically. Progressive music is really what I'm looking for, although straight up metal can be great too.

To SilverSword, I recommend Devin Townsends Solo work. His albums Terria and Ziltoid the Omniscient are both brilliant (the later is less experimental and more metal I suppose).

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Progressive, eh? You might want to check out Behold... The Arctopus, then. They're more experimental and a bit rubbish in my opinion, but they appeal to some people.

Skip me if you want and suggest another for Ragen.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

Cyco, i sense people have mentioned them before, but have you heard Between the Buried and Me? Fantastic prog metal/metalcore. Also they have the best Bycicle Race cover ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4gOqhkkIZM :twss:

Norma Jean is a good Mathcore band also.

As for me, i don't have a last.fm, But that should be over shortly.

Progressive, eh? You might want to check out Behold... The Arctopus, then. They're more experimental and a bit rubbish in my opinion, but they appeal to some people.

Skip me if you want and suggest another for Ragen.

[hide=]B...TA never did it for me. The closest I got to that kind of music was enjoying Pysopus - Insects.

agnGv_2gmSQ

For White Guy, if you're a BTBAM fan (as I am), you'll proball enjoy Protest the Hero. Get Fortress and you'll love it. It was a big contender for album of the year for me, until Opeth came along with Watershed.

bcNWXDfKMnM [/hide]

That protest song is much more straight forward than most of theirs. I put it up because it's probally the most catchy and will therefore appeal to most ::'

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Thanks, though I don't particularly care for Bloc Party too much...

Perhaps you would like John Zorn's Naked City project? It's the only jazz I've ever liked, but it's incredible, and I figured you'd like a nonmetal recommendation for once :P.

Perhaps you would like John Zorn's Naked City project? It's the only jazz I've ever liked, but it's incredible, and I figured you'd like a nonmetal recommendation for once :P.
I'll try it. I love jazz, especially free jazz.

It's hard recommending you stuff seeing as we listen to really similar things. (and thus know some of the bands in those genres)

But do check out Warning. Some of the most crushing, amazing traditional doom metal I've heard in a while. Plus, they're from England.

Doom is the only thing my country ever did right. :| Apart from whatever The Prodigy is.

Ragen:

Fortress and Kezia are in my top 3 albums stand. (Colors is the third)

I will try something different, what about Mago de Oz :?:

It's a Spanish Folk Rock/Melodic Rock band.

The song is Satania from the Finisterra album. It's an AMV, so it sucks, just listen to the song.

The singer has an amazing voice, and Spanish rock/metal is very different to the English one. Spanish is all about who can sing with the highest pitch, unlike English, which is basically RooOOOooOOoWwWwWwwrrrrr!!!

Another Mago song:

Again, don't watch the video, just the song. It's 21 minutes long, so this is only the first part. You should try downloading it, it's epic.

btw: http://www.last.fm/user/DarkGuyOMG

Going off of this, I chose

. It seemed like it matched up (kindof). I don't listen to much music like that though, at least not yet.

As for music I listen to, I don't have a last.fm yet (been meaning to get one), but I can list the bans I've been listening to recently:

~Gwar

~Sonata Arctica ( <3: )

~

(Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain, may be L80ETC now) from WoW.

~Some Disturbed.

~

(epic artist). Link doesn't do it justice, I have another version, which sounds a lot better.

I've also been listening to I Stand Alone by Godsmack, and I like it for the lyrics and everything, but I don't like much of their other music. Before I Forget by Slipknot is another song/band just like it too.

Also, anyone have more like Coheed and Cambria (ie Welcome Home, from RB)?

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Going off of this, I chose

. It seemed like it matched up (kindof). I don't listen to much music like that though, at least not yet.

As for music I listen to, I don't have a last.fm yet (been meaning to get one), but I can list the bans I've been listening to recently:

~Gwar

~Sonata Arctica ( <3: )

~

(Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain, may be L80ETC now) from WoW.

~Some Disturbed.

~

(epic artist). Link doesn't do it justice, I have another version, which sounds a lot better.

I've also been listening to I Stand Alone by Godsmack, and I like it for the lyrics and everything, but I don't like much of their other music. Before I Forget by Slipknot is another song/band just like it too.

Also, anyone have more like Coheed and Cambria (ie Welcome Home, from RB)?

Yup, Lamb of God and Disturbed=Headbanger happiness.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg