Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

I guess it'd be a nice idea to spread the love and such. Perhaps even open eyes to some new music. Considering some artists/genres really don't get much attention, or some people are just seeking new music. Anyways, post your last.fm's or just a couple of artists that define your taste or artists that are similar to what you want more of. If you're open to anything, just mention so. If you wish to frequent this topic, you could even post reviews of what you were last recommended.

http://www.last.fm/user/melganiks

That's my last.fm, as for what I'm specifically up for... anything really, although, I'd like something probably enjoy. :P

Also, please guys and gals, don't post unless you're going to recommend something to the person above. If you got nothing to rec, just pm the person on how thankful you are, please. Thanks. <3

p915h.gif

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on you being a "huge metal head" and apparently liking Prog, I'm gonna say
. Of course, that's an incredibly biased opinion. I would recommend some Black metal, but I think I've already done that.]

Last.FM - http://www.last.fm/user/Estrangement

Cool. I'll check them out (and the BM you recommended) this weekend.

Thanks Nadril, I'll be checking them out this week.

You should like them, very unique group.

well uhhmm... i dont know what to recommend. i guess its never a bad moment to recommend Sarco[bleep]o ;)

they are a different type of black metal, a little bit more catchy than norwegian i guess :)

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

Well, you seem to be a pretty big fan of Death Metal, so I may as well recommend you the band that I've been obsessed with recently--Rotting Christ. Granted, they're Black Metal, not Death Metal, but there's some aspects of Melodic Black Metal in there.If you do decide to check them out, their latest album, Theogonia is my favourite so far.

And Adio, thanks for the recommendation. What I've heard so far is sounding pretty good.

[Last.FM]

Cool.

Hm, don't know what you really like... Is saying AC/DC just because you're Australian a kliche'?

Lol.

Hm, let's see...

Pain, Hypocrisy?

Two bands by Peter Tägtgren (he is really cool irl too!). Pain is techno/industrial and Hypocrisy is death metal.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Erm...Since you have a death metal band...Children of Bodom?

I don't have a Last.fm (IP banned #-o ),so here's my music folder.Don't ask about "Others",its no pr0n,but most aren't my style anyway.

music.jpg

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Good idea for a thread.

Lately I haven't listened to a lot of music, because I've been wanting to hear new stuff; hit me with pretty much anything, that's even remotely similar to the stuff I listen to.

http://www.last.fm/user/blushenka

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

I'm slightly too lazy to go through all those artists,and your profile here says you like metal...You're European,so you probably already know NightWish,so I'll go to Canada,and suggest Rush?Or perhaps Vovoid,but its instrumental (the ones I have are).

My music library is posted above.Banned from most audio sites,lol.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm slightly too lazy to go through all those artists,and your profile here says you like metal...You're European,so you probably already know NightWish,so I'll go to Canada,and suggest Rush?Or perhaps Vovoid,but its instrumental (the ones I have are).

My music library is posted above.Banned from most audio sites,lol.

Going by your list....Norther.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

This is such a great idea! Don't have a last FM but I can do what dragoonson did.

Poopingman you didn't say anything, I'll say the Fleet Foxes :) Check out Mykonos and White Winter Hymnal on Youtube.

Sorry Im not really into heavy rock/metal kinda stuff

[hide=Sorry its so big]musicow3.png[/hide]

This is such a great idea! Don't have a last FM but I can do what dragoonson did.

Poopingman you didn't say anything, I'll say the Fleet Foxes :) Check out Mykonos and White Winter Hymnal on Youtube.

Sorry Im not really into heavy rock/metal kinda stuff

[hide=Sorry its so big]musicow3.png[/hide]

You have similar taste to my oldest sister. So you might want to check out Brett Dennen, Miss Li, Anna Ternheim, Frida Hyvönen, Eva Cassidy, Nicolai Dunger, just off the top of my head.

My Last.fm.

2009rb9.jpg

Violator. i guess you might enjoy it. :P

thats not exactly their best live performance so i guess you'd like to listen to the studio version :D

btw, thx for the album recommendation intriguing :D , i had already listened to them but didnt knew what album to get.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

you didnt say anything so i will make a random guess, and reccommend the Hoosiers (oddpop!).... but if you live in Britain you'll already know who they are, so ... Mark Ronson, jazz/rock.

Could someone reccommend me some catchy,'fun' songs? The kind of song which is a bit stupid but really makes you laugh...

here are some of the kind of songs I mean (I also reccommend them they're great if silly <3: )

The Cat Empire - Days Like These (skip the first 30 seconds and wait for the chorus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vonv8oO6ak

In The Summertime - Shaggy and Rayvon

Pop! Goes My Heart - From the Movie Music and Lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0A7dtdc-nU

The Love Cats - The Cure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LieB9eh0uwE

Grace Kelly - Mika

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPUpxIBkcjM

i feel my playlist is getting a little too serious bordering on depressing.

I really have nothing to base your music taste on other than that I know you like Tool and Lamb of God..

You may or may not already know this band, but I recommend you check out

. I apologize if you already know them, but if you don't, Blood Mountain is a fantastic album, and what I've heard of Leviathan is very good as well (only heard about half of it though).

EDIT: Sorry! I only looked at the first page of the thread. That was for Range_This11..

Based on you liking Ensifirum, I'm gonna have to say Turisas. I've only heard one album from them, Battle Metal, but it's pretty awesome for Viking Metal.

[Last.FM]

(@ OldJoe: Thanks for the recommendation. :) I already know Hypocrisy, but I'll check out Pain.)

Cool.