Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At jaerkd00d, I've actually been meaning to get into them, believe it or not. Based on your recommendation I'll put them higher up on the "artists to check out" list.

As for your recommendation, krydon, I'm gonna say

. They're incredibly famous, so I have no doubt you've heard of them, but you haven't listened to them (according to your Last.FM), so I'm recommending them. Amazing Prog Rock/Metal. All their albums are good, but my favourite would probably be Ænima. Lateralus is their most famous, and probably my second favourite.

Cool.

thanks for the rec, yeah i have heard of them just havn't listend to them yet. but ill try and get into them sooner or later.

as for you im going to recommend you The Butterfly Effect.

they,re an Australian alternative metal band, you probably have heard of them seeing as your from australia,

therefore ill also recommend you A Perfect Circle

@SilverSword: You seem to like melodeath and some folk metal. I think you should try Suidakra.

At the moment I'm looking for atmospheric black metal and progressive rock/metal (I don't have a Last.fm, but I hope that helps).

Progressive Metal? Try

(I think the video is only meant to be listened to, not watched, didn't watch it after I made sure the song played). Their Remedy lane album is particularly incredible (it's the one with the song in that video).

Description of taste is on page 2.

@SilverSword: You seem to like melodeath and some folk metal. I think you should try Suidakra.
I've never heard of them, but I'll definitely give them a listen.

Kalphite, I remember you liking power metal, so give Manilla Road a listen. "Open the Gates" is a good album to start with.

Try some Faith No More:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr5gdrj6bZQ - Falling To Pieces

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nsETamxkT9E - Epic

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ESjyB8EMw4w - Midlife Crisis

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5irHyoRNcRY - Everything's Ruined

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=AtoCY0em0qk - Ricochet

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PFYU0m3617E - Evidence

I don't think I've come across any Faith No More fans here yet. I've been getting into them recently and now have three of their albums. Good stuff, especially The Real Thing.

haha im a Faith No More fan! i got 4 of their albums :P

i dont really know what your into, so ill just recommend you my favourite band: Dope

their older stuff is better to start on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QADu8J7K1pA

I think I've heard that song before, very Marylin Manson-ish. Not really my style though, thanks anyway. :P

I seem to recall you liking some mathcore bands (Ion Dissonance, was it?), so I'm going to recommend you

. Definitely not metal, but they're a very cool Math Rock band. I prefer their older albums to Church Gone Wild, just because I prefer them as a two-piece, instrumental band.

Cool.

I recommend some of Beethoven's later work, because no one is really introducing any new styles of music to above previous posters. Different genres are a better way to keep this thread more interesting, since it seems most of the people are listening to the exact same thing :geek: .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I honestly have no idea what you like so I'm just going to recommend one of my favorite bands.

Live

You've probably heard a couple of their songs, they have a lot of good stuff.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

@ kenshinjapan: Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm really picky when it comes to classical music. Most of the most famous composers (Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Haydn) bore me, as does the majority of the music from the Baroque, Classical, and early Romantic periods. Late-/Post-Romantic and Early-/Mid-20th Century make up the majority of my classical music listening. However, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is absolutely fantastic.

As for you, speedofsound, I don't know what you're into aside from Live, and I don't have any music similar to that. So I'm just going to recommend you one of my favourite bands,

. They're Indie-Pop. Their two latest albums The Sunlandic Twins, and Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? are both incredible. Satanic Panic in the Attic is also alright, but their earlier albums haven't done much for me yet.

Cool.

@ kenshinjapan: Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm really picky when it comes to classical music. Most of the most famous composers (Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Haydn) bore me, as does the majority of the music from the Baroque, Classical, and early Romantic periods. Late-/Post-Romantic and Early-/Mid-20th Century make up the majority of my classical music listening. However, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is absolutely fantastic.

As for you, speedofsound, I don't know what you're into aside from Live, and I don't have any music similar to that. So I'm just going to recommend you one of my favourite bands,

. They're Indie-Pop. Their two latest albums The Sunlandic Twins, and Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? are both incredible. Satanic Panic in the Attic is also alright, but their earlier albums haven't done much for me yet.

Thanks for the recommendation Intriguing. I'll check those guys out.

Btw, judging from my name you could safely assume I'm a Coldplay fan. :P

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

SilverSword, you didn't get a recommendation, so I'll recommend you M83. Electronic Post-Rock band. I don't listen to them enough to give you advice on a good album to start with, but they are very cool.

As for speedofsound, I don't really listen to any artists similar to Coldplay, so I can't recommend something based on that. However, you can never go wrong with

, so check them out. Both their albums are amazing.

Cool.

SilverSword, you didn't get a recommendation, so I'll recommend you M83. Electronic Post-Rock band. I don't listen to them enough to give you advice on a good album to start with, but they are very cool.
Sounds awesome. Will definitely get an album of theirs.

How2PK: Architecture in Helsinki. They're kind of avantgarde indie pop. Very weird but very cool.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HcleWO-hhSI