Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

Discharge.

@Nadril: I'm still getting a feel for it. I thought it wouldn't be my thing, but, I'm warming up to it.

It does take a few listens to really get used to it. Once you do though it's really brilliant. :P

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ::' I don't know where to put this but I need help trying to find out what the 2nd song is in the video below, I like it coz it sounds catchy and similar to the band "Massive Attack" :D

The 2nd song starts at 30 seconds =D thankies in advance!!

P.S. check your private messages Adio ::'

2vuhgcn.png

I never really looked into it. But it seems logical that a color can provoke an emotion. And that each color brings new emotions with it. At first I used the signature purely for the European Championship of Football thread, because I am from Holland. But once we were out I decided to keep it. I really like the color, makes me happy. And I have heard it makes other people feel nice too, so why not keep it. I don't know what emotion Orange officialy causes. Maybe you could tell me?

I'm not really sure. Wikipedia says it represents desire, flamboyance, fire, and warning, and I've also heard that it provokes hostility. It looks like a color of life, a vibrant color, portraying a vibrant, lively emotion.

triquos, I recommend Nightwish. A bunch of people on this thread already listen to them, but they're a great band.

Last of the Wilds

Yea Nadril, lots of stuff is like that.

Hi ::' I don't know where to put this but I need help trying to find out what the 2nd song is in the video below, I like it coz it sounds catchy and similar to the band "Massive Attack" :D

This isn't the thread for it...and I hate Opeth. xD Where'd you get the idea (from my sig) that I liked them?

p915h.gif

Yea Nadril, lots of stuff is like that.

This isn't the thread for it...and I hate Opeth. xD Where'd you get the idea (from my sig) that I liked them?

I'm sure you listen to them and I apologize if you already have.

Dimmu Borgir. I don't care for them.

This is the first time I see you here so im just gonna recommend one of my favorite bands. Vital Remains: their Forever Underground, Dechristianize and Icons Of Evil are their best albums. you gotta listen to the songs carefully, though.

Icons Of Evil from Icons Of Evil

Dechristianize from Dechristianize

I Am God from Forever Underground

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

Don't know if you ever listen/heard of them but Avenged Sevenfold is pretty good. I don't have a Last.Fm thingy but heres a pretty good song:

and they did a pretty good cover of Pantera's Walk:

Sorry if its too big,the embedding won't work. #-o

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

I don't really know your music tastes aside from the post above, so I'll just recommend you the greatest band on earth.

. They're sort of Progressive Metalcore, if that's even a genre. A good album to start with would be their 2007 release, Colors. It's an absolutely fantastic album.

[Last.FM]

Cool.

The music is listen to is kind of mixed. If naming bands helps here are some:

Less Than Jake,Reel Big Fish,Breaking Benjamin,Kottonmouth Kings,Avenged Sevenfold,Korn,Metallica,Pantera,The Who,and Aerosmith

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

In this thread, you're actually meant to recommend an artist to the poster above you, and then give information so that the poster below you can give you an educated recommendation. It's a difficult concept to grasp, I know.. but at least you got it half right!

Anyway, you should listen to

(There are two links in there). They're sort of Experimental Post-Rock.

[Last.FM]

Cool.

Haha, yeah. I don't mind Viking Metal, simply because it's the closest thing to happy music that the metal genre has.

I think you should have a listen to Anaal Nathrakh. After you have a laugh at the name, of course. They're Black Metal, with elements of Grindcore, Death Metal, and Industrial. Mick Kenney, the guy who writes the music for the band, said that he basically takes everything he likes from the extreme sub-genres of metal, and melts it all together. If you're going to check them out.. my order of favouritism in terms of their albums would go:

Hell is Empty, and All the Devils are Here>The Codex Necro>Eschaton>Domine Non Es Dignus>Their EPs and stuff.

[Last.FM]

Cool.

Haha, yeah. I don't mind Viking Metal, simply because it's the closest thing to happy music that the metal genre has.

I think you should have a listen to Anaal Nathrakh. After you have a laugh at the name, of course. They're Black Metal, with elements of Grindcore, Death Metal, and Industrial. Mick Kenney, the guy who writes the music for the band, said that he basically takes everything he likes from the extreme sub-genres of metal, and melts it all together. If you're going to check them out.. my order of favouritism in terms of their albums would go:

Hell is Empty, and All the Devils are Here>The Codex Necro>Eschaton>Domine Non Es Dignus>Their EPs and stuff.

[Last.FM]

Wow that actually sounds very interesting. Do you think you could suggest me some music? Quite the fan of Thrash/Sludge metal.

Asesino, Cavalera conspiracy, Exodus, Evile, Sepultura, Slayer, Testament, Torture Squad... Could you, perhaps, suggest me some? I wouldn't know what to suggest you, thinking you like Grindcore as well as Death metal aswell as Industrial. I listen to Grind/deathcore/death metal aswell but I don't think you'd like the bands I listen to.

;>

In this thread, you're actually meant to recommend an artist to the poster above you, and then give information so that the poster below you can give you an educated recommendation. It's a difficult concept to grasp, I know.. but at least you got it half right!

Anyway, you should listen to A Silver Mt. Zion (There are two links in there). They're sort of Experimental Post-Rock.

i thought the guy above me was recomending for someone elses sorry my fault. You didnt have to be so harsh about it. But the band oyu recommended was really very good so thank you

Wow that actually sounds very interesting. Do you think you could suggest me some music? Quite the fan of Thrash/Sludge metal.

I've never been a huge fan of Thrash, so I can't recommend you anything on that. One Sludge/Doom band I've been liking recently though is Acid Bath. I was trying to think of a song of theirs that kind of epitomizes their style, but I couldn't, so I just linked you my favourite song by them. As for an album to start with, you could try Paegan Terrorism Tactics.

And at thered: You're right, I didn't need to be harsh. Sorry about that.

If you liked A Silver Mt. Zion, you might like some other Post-Rock. If you're new to the genre, definitely have a listen to

. They're quite famous, so you've probably already heard of them. If you have heard of them, send me a PM and I'll recommend you something else.

[Last.FM]

Cool.

I've never been a huge fan of Thrash, so I can't recommend you anything on that. One Sludge/Doom band I've been liking recently though is Acid Bath. I was trying to think of a song of theirs that kind of epitomizes their style, but I couldn't, so I just linked you my favourite song by them. As for an album to start with, you could try Paegan Terrorism Tactics.

And at thered: You're right, I didn't need to be harsh. Sorry about that.

If you liked A Silver Mt. Zion, you might like some other Post-Rock. If you're new to the genre, definitely have a listen to

. They're quite famous, so you've probably already heard of them. If you have heard of them, send me a PM and I'll recommend you something else.

[Last.FM]

Haha I love you ::' ! Yeah, I know them. I've actually got the "when the kite string pops" album. Favourite songs are probably Jezebel and Toubabo Koomi. They're a weird band but I like them a lot.

;>