Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never heard of mogwai actually. Very interesting sound though.

flodder who wants to listen to genesis? Im confused.

http://www.last.fm/user/wagonwheel4

Now this is just unacceptable. Can you not comprehend the simple title? Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you. Obviously he recommended Genesis to the person above...but this topic is getting out of hand. Keep discussion to PMs please!

Since I am not going to break the flow of this, and since yr digging post-rock, ill rec: Sigur Rós. I hate them ,but whatever. they're highly revered in post-rock circles.

p915h.gif

David Sylvian.

But kwowing you, you've already heard all his records.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Based on you apparently liking Ambient, and that you're listening to an LLN band at the moment, I'm going to recommend Moëvöt. I wouldn't be surprised if you thought they were absolute rubbish, but I like them, so it's worth a shot. As for album, try Ezleyfbdrehtr Vepreub Zuerfl Mazagvatre Erbbedrea. You will have to download them if you want to listen to it though. The CDs are are pretty well impossible to get. (The song in the link is Zurghtapre - Chant d'Eternité I from Abgzvoryathre.)

[Last.FM]

Cool.

Linkin Park? I don't really like them, but you might.

Uhm. As for Recommendations, I don't really have a Last.Fm, though I'm looking for some new Doom Metal, Black Metal bands, if you can help me out. \'

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Not sure on you, maybe Elexorien or Children of Bodom(including their cover of Britney Spears' oops i did it again song, it's so funny).

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I honestly don't know what type of music you'd like, so I'll just recommend you the greatest band ever,

. Probably the 4th time I've recommended them to someone on this thread, but whatever. The song I linked is Selkies: The Endless Obsession from their 2005 release, Alaska. As for an album to check out, definitely start with their 2007 release, Colors (listen to it from the start to the finish as well!).

At Mlb: Thanks for the rec. I already know of Chevelle--they were actually the first metal band that I got into! Haven't listened to them in a while though. I'll probably re-check them out simply for nostalgia's sake. :)

[Last.FM]

Cool.

i think you will like Yes much,gool old rock

and maybe pshygedelic rock

search on youtube for "Traffic-hole in my shoe"

(no not such a hole....)

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I have no idea what music you like :|

Try some Buckethead? Maybe? Sorry, not sure what you like.

[hide=A few bands I like]Ratm, Primus, Buckethead, C2B3, Flyleaf, The Fall of Troy, Sublime[/hide]

To the person below me, you mean bach? I dont really like classical.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Intriguiging, Try out Pain of Salvation, in particular their album Remedy Lane. One of my favorite prog metal bands, and they don't really go into [bleep] mode like DT and people.

Did you like Nevermore?

My description of taste is on the second page, i think.

The Fall of Troy or Between the Buried and Me

You probably already listen to them both or already had them recommended. If you have then I'm sorry.

http://www.last.fm/user/el--knight

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

@jaerkd00d: Since you like Between the Buried and Me, try Opeth, in particular the Ghost reveries or Blackwater Park albums.

@Powman: Didn't I recommend you All that Remains? It isn't screaming vocals that I can't stand, it's the singing voices of Matt Tuck and whatever the guy's name is from Atreyu that turn me off from them. I did used to really like Bullet though.

Description of taste is on the second page.

lockopener, try out some Thrice, in particular their album The Artist in the Ambulance. They are my favorite post-hardcore band (actually the only one I like), I have a feeling that you'll like them as well.

Oh, and who doesn't know Holiday in Cambodia? :P. It is far from having anything to do with metal, though.

As always, description of my taste is on page 2.

@Silversword: I do loves me some My Dying Bride's early albums!

Prog/power that doesn't suck. It mystifies me too. Their 4th album and above is pure prog, not a real fan of it (it's better than most in the style, though), but you may like it.

Last.fm in the sig, etc. Don't recommend anything too outlandish or sucky, pls.

p915h.gif

@jaerkd00d: Since you like Between the Buried and Me, try Opeth, in particular the Ghost reveries or Blackwater Park albums.

@Powman: Didn't I recommend you All that Remains? It isn't screaming vocals that I can't stand, it's the singing voices of Matt Tuck and whatever the guy's name is from Atreyu that turn me off from them. I did used to really like Bullet though.

Description of taste is on the second page.

I dunno. I had already listened to them so it doesn't matter.

Mlb, since you're realy picky, I'll throw Trivium at you.

I apologize if you already listen to them.