Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have absolutely no idea whether or not you'll like this band, but you should check out

. Gravenhurst is a band from Bristol, England, with a sort of indie/acoustic sound, though they dropped the "acoustic" more recently.

Their earlier albums, are my favourites. Internal Travels, the first album they came out with, is absolutely amazing. The first three albums are mostly just guitar, vocals, and some ambient soundscapes. Simple but beautiful, which is what drew me to them in the first place. With their latest two albums, they turned to more of a rock sound, which has made them more popular, but I don't like nearly as much.

If you decide to check them out, definitely start with Internal Travels, in particular the songs Ice on Black Water, The High Seas, and Song for Luke. After that, perhaps try Flashlight Seasons.

Cool.

That song you gave is appealing to me (nice clip as well). When I got to the city later this afternoon I will see if I can listen to some more of their music there. :) Thanks.

Seems to be a bit lame to recommend you something again, but why not. Einstürzende Neubateun. Experimental/Industrial band from Germany. Really popular during the eighties, they're still releasing records (Alles Wieder Offen is their last one). The early materials is harder, more chaotic. Their new stuff is more 'mature' and calmer. But when you pass fifties that only seems natural. From their earlier records I can really recommend Haus der Lüge and Halber Mensch, their last album Alles Wieder Offen is great too. And if you can find live work that is great too. Their singer, Blixa Bargeld, also was a guitarist for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Here is a song from their last record, more calm. Nagorny Karabach There's also translation of the lyrics in the video.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

The Curse by Disturbed

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

You like Disturbed, so that means Nu-metal... I'll be nice and not flame you for liking Nu-metal and suggest you listen to some Torsohorse, they're similar to Disturbed, but not as heavy.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

Thanks again How2PK. Einstürzende Neubateun and Ry Cooder are next on my lists of artists to check out, after a few more albums of John Zorn.

As for you Cyco, I'm going to recommend you check out Dark Funeral. Really good Black Metal from Sweden. Wouldn't surprise me if you'd already heard of them, but if not, try their album Diabolis Interium.

Cool.

Static-X

No one on these boards has heard of them :roll:

We have, it's just that they're boring.

Anyway, Mlb, try Torsohorse if you haven't already and if you have, then HORSE the band. (lol, coincidentally horse themed...)

@Intriguing: Thanks for that, I don't normally listen to much Black Metal, but I can see myself liking Dark Funeral!!! :thumbsup:

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

@ SilverSword: Thanks for the recommendation. I already know Meshuggah, and I think I have one of their albums, but I don't listen to them much. I'll give them another shot. :)

Cheese, you should check out Brenoritvrezorkre. They were a French Black Metal band, and a part of the Les Legions Noires movement. I don't know if you'll like them. They're very raw and unrefined, and as such a bit of an acquired taste. Give them a shot anyway. As for albums to start with, perhaps try Nèvgzérýa?

Cool.

Intriguing, I'm not sure if I ever recommended you Jesu. If I haven't, well, I recommend them. Their albums Jesu and Silver (EP) are my favorite.

I'm looking for maybe some black metal or doom metal. :P

@Intriguing: those 2 french bands you've recommended me are great, thanks :D .

@Silversword: Dissection. you have probably already heard them but i suggest you listen to

, its absolutely amazing.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

@cheese666me: Hmm, not your cup of tea perhaps since it's not especially "raw", but have you tried Enslavement of Beauty (try the album Dainty Delusive Dolls)? Earlier stuff from At The Gates is supposed to be good as well, but I haven't listened to it. Also throwin' in some other DM/BM bands I haven't really given a thorough listen but have heard good things about: Pain of Salvation, Primordial, Satyricon, Testament, Carcass.

Also some more traditional metal: Accept, Killer (their early stuff is very reminiscent to Motörhead; the newer stuff is more melodic with keyboards), Megadeth (older stuff), Overkill, Saxon, Anthrax, Savatage, Masterplan, Hellfueled, Victory. Gotta try Black Label Society as well.

Last.fm

2009rb9.jpg

Black metal: Summoning

Doom metal: Swallow the Sun (yeah yeah, death doom, whatever)

Cool I'll check out "Swallow the Sun". I already have Summonings discography. :D

Someone else recommend Adio something, I'm blank. :oops:

Umm. I'll recommend you both two bands, on the hope that if you hate one, you may hate the other slightly less.

First: Otep, metal, cba subclassifying it. Female vocals, sounds good, check out Noose and Nail for one of their good songs.

Second: Machinae Supremacy, SID Metal, which means its mixed using the SID chip out of a Commodore 64, IIRC. Good band if you're into a less-videogame oriented, heavier feeling Powerglove, maybe. Check out Stand if you're interested.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Hmm... Langzor: You should listen to some Grim Reaper if you don't already, I'd say the album See You in Hell would be a good starting point. And if not, then Agent Steel are pretty good.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

@cheese666me: Hmm, not your cup of tea perhaps since it's not especially "raw", but have you tried Enslavement of Beauty (try the album Dainty Delusive Dolls)? Earlier stuff from At The Gates is supposed to be good as well, but I haven't listened to it. Also throwin' in some other DM/BM bands I haven't really given a thorough listen but have heard good things about: Pain of Salvation, Primordial, Satyricon, Testament, Carcass.

Also some more traditional metal: Accept, Killer (their early stuff is very reminiscent to Motörhead; the newer stuff is more melodic with keyboards), Megadeth (older stuff), Overkill, Saxon, Anthrax, Savatage, Masterplan, Hellfueled, Victory. Gotta try Black Label Society as well.

Last.fm

Pain of Salvation is Prog, not anything close to death. They are still an incredible band.

Actually, I would recommend them to you, Silver, especially their album Remedy Lane. If you don't like them for some reason, check out some of Devin Townsend's solo stuff, particularly the album Ocean Machine: Biomech.

Kalphite - to you, I recommend Between The Buried And Me. Great prog-metal band, a little heavier than a lot of stuff I listen to, but they're fantastic musicians overall. Lots of fun. I especially liked the album Colors, which I picked up on Intriguing's reccomendation earlier on. It was great.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.