Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

Meol don't like Power?Seriously give Blind Guardian a try.Not the entirely themed I think.

Gah Necro you have a habit of wanting things I don't really know.Espresso?"Drive me Crazy" is pretty good.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I guess I might as well post here. I don't really started listening to music until a while ago, and I really have a hard time finding artists I like. So, I'm looking for something like Ayreon or the TSO. For some reason I can't stand power-metal, though.

Can anyone help? :pray:

Ambeon, another Arjen project.

@Above: You seem to like progressive stuff, so I would recommend Can. Start with Ege Bamyasi. [cabbage]'s pretty rad.

Tago Mago > Ege Bamyasi

Both are good though. ::'

I'm actually more of a Future Days guy.

I say: there's a Can for every man!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Byzantine; Groove Metal/Thrash Metal/USA.

And again, no metal suggestions for me please. Something refreshing; miami bass hiphop, future blap, turbo crunk, tropical booty, hyphy fresh, laser bass.

Although I don't think anybody listens to that so just some acid/rave or plain trippy music is good as well... Or just suggest me something ::' .

;>

Low

You might have heard of them already. But, you never know. I think you'd like them.

I could live in hope and Drums and Guns are things you should check out. :) You're a Radiohead man, aren't you? Check out Drums and Guns first, then. :) Dragonfly is such a fantastic song. Listen to it

! :thumbup:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Tony Bennet. I'm reading Eric Clapton's autobiography, and he talks of music such as Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly being a major factor in his life, and somehow that led meto listening to Frank Sinatra today. And then, Tony Bennet from there. Interesting situation.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Thanks, I'll check them out.

You probably would enjoy Arghoslent. They are a really great melodeath band that are self declared "riff supremacists," and for good reason. The only problem you may have with them is their lyrics, which are rather racist, but the music is so good that it is passable. Try their album Hornets of the Pogrom.

I just got into Disturbed, and I like their sound so far. I like how they sound pretty heavy but don't have that screaming/growling that most metal bands do.

If anyone could recommend me some bands like Disturbed or Guns N Roses it would be appreciated.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Try out Adagio, they are a Power/Progressive metal band (their later albums don't have really long songs like most prog bands though)

I highly reccomend their Dominate album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw4sPdzubA0

Reccomend me some Grindcore that DOESN'T have pig squeals and [cabbage] like that. Something like Napalm Death or similar.