Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you

AdioLovesSquall

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill give you a few, you might have heard of them before.

Underoath, Lamb Of God, God Forbid, Gojira, and The Fall of Troy.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

This topic has really gone down the [cabbage]ter.

Jaerk: I'll recommend Broken Social Scene to you.

"Broken Social Scene are a Juno Award winning Canadian indie rock band, a musical collective currently including nineteen members, formed in 1999 by Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning. All of its members currently play in various other groups and solo projects, mainly based around the city of Toronto. The band refuses the label "supergroup," based on size or the ubiquity of their members, claiming that in the indie scene everyone is involved in more than one project. The group's sound could be considered a combination of all of its members' respective musical projects, and is usually identified as baroque pop. It is characterized by a very large number of sounds, grand orchestrations featuring guitars, horns, woodwinds, and violins, unusual song structures, and an experimental, and sometimes chaotic production style from David Newfeld."

As for an album to get, 'You Forgot it in People' is my favourite one and it is regarded as their best work by my friends and I.

: Broken Social Scene - Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl

This topic has really gone down the [cabbage].

Yeah, and I'm not really helping much. #-o :wall:

Recommend something to Wookie, not me.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

For you SilverSword, ummm..... I guess I'd recommend Dinosaur Jr.
Thanks, I just looked them up on Google and the synposis I'm getting tells me that I would most likely enjoy them.

I'll recommend: The Decemberists. They are quite popular, but mainly in indie rock circles.

"The Decemberists are an indie rock band from Portland, Oregon, United States, fronted by singer/songwriter Colin Meloy. The other members of the band are Chris Funk (guitar, multi-instrumentalist), Jenny Conlee (hammond organ, accordion, melodica, piano, keyboards), Nate Query (bass guitar, string bass), and John Moen (drums, backing vocals, melodica). The band's debut EP, 5 Songs, was self-released in 2001. Their fourth full-length album, The Crane Wife, was released on October 3, 2006 by Capitol Records, and is the band's first appearance on a major label."

I've only heard their latest album: The Hazards of Love, but it's a really great record. Beautiful music from start to finish.

: The Decemberists - The Rake's Song

Lets see if I can make a good recommendation.

I don't know if you will like these bands but I'll go ahead anyway.

Black Houses

[hide=From Last.Fm]Black Houses is a rock band from Seattle WA that plays guitars and drums and writes the kind of music they like, which is usually dark with heavy riffs and lots of distortion and melodic vocals. They recently released the full length record Fury that was produced by Matt Bayles (who recorded Mastodon, Minus the Bear, Isis, Botch) on Dec 28th 2008. In the late 2008 Black Houses toured with The Fall of Troy, The Number 12 Looks Like You and Warship. In the spring of 2009 they are touring down to California to play Bamboozle Left. Some of the members were in other bands (Last Great Liar, Knives In The Attic) that most of you probably never heard of but they were pretty cool and you should check them out sometime. They are also pretty sure theyre the second coming of awesome which is probably true.

Black Houses hates: materialism, racism, sexism, art done for strictly monetary purposes, corporate greed, people who give up, people who never knew enough to try in the first place, the desperate isolation of the public sitting in front of televisions not knowing what else to do with themselves, only reading the headlines and never between the lines, yuppie hipsters and scenesters, designer anything, slick advertising that makes you feel small and ugly, the A.D.D. generation and the bastards who exploit them. They especially hate long arrogant band bios that have nothing to do with music.[/hide]

I'm really going out on a limb here and recommending a sort of really random band but oh well.

Diablo Swing Orchestra

[hide=From Last.Fm]Diablo Swing Orchestra is a Swedish avant-garde metal band. The band was formed in 2003.

The origin of the name of the band is related both on their website and on their CDBaby description page. The back-story recounts a historically questionable, though amusing, ancestral story beginning in 16th century Sweden. Supposedly, ancestors of the band members performed orchestral works in defiance of the ruling church at the time (possibly the newly installed protestant Lutheran national church, in power during the mid and late 16th century). The orchestra was forced to go into hiding, performing in secret, with the assistance of oppressed peasants during the era. After years of performing for the pleasure of these peasants, the story claims that the church put a bounty on the performers lives, and that this bounty was so high that the orchestra knew they would soon be captured, and thusly chose to play a spectacular final show before becoming martyred to the church.

While this account is historically unsupported it does provide a backdrop to DSOs eclectic musical style[/hide]

I really like both bands especially Black Houses (Which I missed a concert with them :evil: )

They are both kinda different and good to listen to every once in a while.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I was a little surprised with The Decemberists since I expected your average indie rock band that has horrible singer. Hazards of Love was a pretty interesting album, I enjoyed it.

I'll recommend both Motorhead and Anthrax since they are both awesome meal bands

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Try Arghoslent. They are a highly technical melodic death metal band that is really good at making quality riffs. The lyrics are pretty racist though, unfortunately, but they are growled so it doesn't really matter. Try their album Hornets of the Pogrom.

Oops, Wookie ninja'd me, that was intended for Jaerk.

Anyways, Wookie, try Sholi. they are a really good Indie rock band with a great vocalist and AMAZING drum work. They only have one full length, which is self-titled, so try some stuff on youtube first. i think you'll like them though.

I'll recommend: The Decemberists. They are quite popular, but mainly in indie rock circles.

"The Decemberists are an indie rock band from Portland, Oregon, United States, fronted by singer/songwriter Colin Meloy. The other members of the band are Chris Funk (guitar, multi-instrumentalist), Jenny Conlee (hammond organ, accordion, melodica, piano, keyboards), Nate Query (bass guitar, string bass), and John Moen (drums, backing vocals, melodica). The band's debut EP, 5 Songs, was self-released in 2001. Their fourth full-length album, The Crane Wife, was released on October 3, 2006 by Capitol Records, and is the band's first appearance on a major label."

I've only heard their latest album: The Hazards of Love, but it's a really great record. Beautiful music from start to finish.

: The Decemberists - The Rake's Song

:D

Uhh, iffy about whether or not you'll like 'em, but ... Wallflowers. Check out 3 Marlenas.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Probably already heard of his work, but give Beirut a try. Folk/Gypsie/Balkan music done almost entirely by one man--Zach Condon--but it sounds like an orchestra of ~20 people. As for an album to start with, Gulag Orkestar is my favourite. His music sets a wonderful mood, the orchestration is well-done, and the melodies and harmonies are imaginative and catchy. My apologies if you already know him, and if that is the case, send me a PM and I'll give you some more recommendations.

Cool.

Mikaela's Fiend

A noise rock band from Seattle. I can't find much information on them but they sound like no-wave era Sonic Youth crossed with Japanese noise rock band Melt-Banana. They make fast, dynamic music that's interesting to listen to.

They only have one album made up entirely of untitled tracks: We Can Driving Machine.

I get a chance for some indie recommendations! Yeah!

I'm going with Iron & Wine (real name Samuel Beam). He's a little popular, but all his albums currently released were recorded by him in his home and sent to a record company (I think, unless he's released a new album). The main reason he'd be popular is that (I think) he did a song on the Twilight film. And with as rabid as those fans get, you never know. But I've only heard of him through word of mouth.

[hide=][yt]OYUFcxBq1y4[/yt][/hide]

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream