Very Subtle Jagex... Very subtle

huaman

I think Jagex realized the huge population of people who never went p2p because they were perfectly satisfied with the PK content that existed with the original wilderness. F2p high level pking is ridiculously slow because rune weapons are worthless against full rune and 65+ def. But, by creating pures with low Def and high strength/range/mage the combat pace is a lot faster with f2p weapons. Now with the Bounty Hunter system in place, only the characters in each of the highest bracket are able to successfully PvP without relying on total luck pile jumps. The luckier f2p pures had characters within the high 40 to low 50's range and I'm sure, had some fun while it lasted. But once they got stuck into the medium crater, pking became a lot of boring 0's and "no armor" duels. For the unlucky pures who got stuck out of the low level crater by a couple of levels most likely quit that character. I think that this resulted in people refering back to their mains only to find it extremely boring in f2p. The pures who got stuck out of the low level crater by a few levels might want to train to be able to get into the medium level crater but not only to find the training impossibly boring, their goal was filled with slow paced combat. The only option that would give them a reason to stay active in runescape is to become a member, combined with Jagex's offer of a cheaper subscription, it gives people more motivation to pay to play. What are the activities of runescape that creates a challenge and sparks interest in people? Questing, PvP, Boss Monsters, mini games, etc. When you gimp PvP in f2p what do you end up with? No challenges to keep up player interest.

I think its contradictory how Jagex slows down combat and strategy by dumbing it down to 1 v 1 but then tries to make it complicated again by giving people a Pile jump teleport.

Frustrating people into p2p must be their new marketing strategy.

First things first, i know its a rant but still, paragraph plz,

Not really a sound sales stratergy as players who joined after dec last year would just think the whole game is "frustrating" rather than just F2p so i doubt thats jagexs sales plan,

i agree with you on the key areas of entertainment in RS and that without pvp f2p does suffer however try to rememeber pvp still exist outside crappy BH in the form of the duel arena and clan wars. not kill/loot? its not meant to be, that is somthing jagex have moved away from.

seriously though jagex will have lost alot more money from people simply quiting that frustrating people in p2p and when they made the rwt change i bet i was the last thing on their minds

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Yeah,and you know how the Man has these traffic lights?They just want to irritate us into walking,man.Its all part of the Man's plan to steal our cash,man.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

This is a new marketing strategy?

So they're annoying f2p'ers by...annoying f2p pures, most of whom are the products of p2p'ers? I didn't realize pvp with pures was the only fun you could have in f2p. I must not have been there in a long time.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

everything's fine now. I subscribed to P2P.

So you just let yourself be sucked in by the very marketing strategy you ranted about, which made everything fine and dandy?

By your own logic, you just joined the Dark Side.

So you just let yourself be sucked in by the very marketing strategy you ranted about, which made everything fine and dandy?

Yeah... what? I don't really understand the ranting going on here. Are you done ranting because you got p2p? Whatever... Jagex is gonna do whatever they wanna do. Whatever marketing strategies they are using, are totally up to them to use. If it works for them? I don't see why they shouldn't do it. It's not like they're forcing you into anything.

Blakdragon39.png

Or rather, just got ensnared in the dark side's evil plan. The cookies r a lie!

2480+ total

The only option that would give them a reason to stay active in runescape is to become a member, combined with Jagex's offer of a cheaper subscription, it gives people more motivation to pay to play.

They are raising the price, not lowering it. They just decided to keep it the same for a little while longer.