Should F2P Range Get A Boost?

Lap

Why not allow yew short bows, these are hardly used on p2p as it is, and would allow a market for them without giving the benefits of high alching yew longbows.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with you completely. however im going to go further.

i think that mages should also be allowed to use wave spells in f2p. this brings the max from 16 to 20, which is easily beaten my high lvl meleers anyway, and rangers would also hit higher with yew bows/rune arrows.

i dont think the wave spells are all that usefull in members pvp anyway, most people prefer ancients for the freezing ability in my expereince...

it would also give bloods a demand and make them stable once more rather then lower then deaths.

Popoto.~<3

No.

Do you contribute anything to the f2p threads other than just 'No.'? :roll:

On topic, I don't see why f2p range should not get a small boost. I think the yew bow idea could work.

I think it's ok as it is to be honest.

I remember the dark days when F2P where limited as I think oak.... (although it may have been willow) at the point f2p range was not even worth considering training as anything more than combat level growing as it was so unbalanced.

The update it received I feel is fair, as it puts it to par with the combat triangle. Rune arrows would be far to powerful for the free worlds.

I think it's ok as it is...... not totally against the idea, but just don't think it's called for.... and thus should not be done

I agree. ;)

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Yew bows wouldn't make much of a difference. Look if you have 40 range and you're wearing full D-hide (or even partial d-hide), you're getting a range bonus that can easily destroy a mage. A yew bow is only going to increase the chance to hit, not the damage--- so why bother when your chance to hit is already maxed out? (Not to mention that only a fool would attack someone in full rune with arrows on F2P).

Rune arrows are up in the air for me, they sure do a little more damage, but I think it's too much to ask for in F2P.

Blood runes belong in P2P. Don't forget the benefits to spell casting as opposed to melee.

Someone mentioned crossbows... if you have a high range stat, you can still do incredible damage with a crossbow on F2P

jirenma2001.png

I don't see why F2p can't have yew bows as the other classes have level 40/equivalent weapons. Also it would create a good market for the P2p'ers as the increased demand will increase the profit gained from production of the yew weapons (and similarly fix the error of yew composites being cheaper on th G.E. than willow composites).

Rune arrows probably should not be F2p as (I beleive) rune arrows are used often by P2p so its would directly affect P2p negetively.

Crossbows are definately not needed as it is part of the hook to lure F2p rangers to P2p and there's no real need for a F2p ranger to carry a shield.

There you go, essay finished :P

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

No.

ur just a selfish member :shame:

i went through a couple of topics here and in any topic which involved f2pers getting an addition u just disagree. but thats not it. if u disagree i can understand, sometimes i disagree even though i am f2p myself. but at least have reason for it. and dont just say wat only is good for u.

on topic: i think that ranging should get an update only because it is lacking so much behind from melee. same with magic. melee dominates by far only because rangers rnt given the necessary equipment. i want their to be balance between each skill. thats why i am never fond of leveling ranging in f2p because for me there is really no need. i can hit harder meleeing.

Why not allow yew short bows, these are hardly used on p2p as it is, and would allow a market for them without giving the benefits of high alching yew longbows.

Basically, I can't beleive it would hurt anything at all. Specailly if it has to come in like the coif. F2p can't craft them, but they can use them. I really wouldn't affect any sorta market.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

Basically, I can't beleive it would hurt anything at all. .

Although I'm not taking your meaning literally, it really wouldn't hurt anything at all. A F2P ranger will do the same damage regardless which bow he's using. His chance to hit will rise slightly, but that all depends on what your opponent is wearing for armor. I think it would be a useless update UNLESS somehow mages could be compensated with better armor (thus a reason for a higher chance to hit).

Anyway my point is Maple bow and Yew Bow - same damage capability. Chance to hit is higher, but you're gonna miss nearly all the time if the other guy is wearing rune or addy armor.

jirenma2001.png

Although I'm not taking your meaning literally, it really wouldn't hurt anything at all. A F2P ranger will do the same damage regardless which bow he's using. His chance to hit will rise slightly, but that all depends on what your opponent is wearing for armor. I think it would be a useless update UNLESS somehow mages could be compensated with better armor (thus a reason for a higher chance to hit).

Anyway my point is Maple bow and Yew Bow - same damage capability. Chance to hit is higher, but you're gonna miss nearly all the time if the other guy is wearing rune or addy armor.

FOG armours?

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

FOG armours?

If FOG is an acronym I don't know what you're talking about...

If you mean FROG armor, then no, that's P2P.

I think this is a F2P topic anyway so...

jirenma2001.png

i agree with you completely. however im going to go further.

i think that mages should also be allowed to use wave spells in f2p. this brings the max from 16 to 20, which is easily beaten my high lvl meleers anyway, and rangers would also hit higher with yew bows/rune arrows.

i dont think the wave spells are all that usefull in members pvp anyway, most people prefer ancients for the freezing ability in my expereince...

it would also give bloods a demand and make them stable once more rather then lower then deaths.

All valid points. I can hit 2 higher w/ a yew bow than maple. I think that if you do this then the mages need wave spells then.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

ok here is the problem with yew/rune being open to f2p.

a ranger in f2p at around 60 combat can have 85 ranged 70 mage 40 att 75 str and maybe even prayer and could hit 13's with ease on any mage or even melee so if we bring in rune(16/17's) ranged would have a huge edge in the combat triangle.

that being said i support the idea of yew and rune being f2p since i never pk anyways so it wont effect me

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

First off, in my opinion, Ranged is already at an edge in the Combat Triangle. It has been this way ever since Jagex updated the skill and made the Maple Bow and Addy Arrows F2P. F2P is supposed to be a demo of P2P. That is why Jagex has Green D'Hide armour in F2P.

Magic, however, should be updated. The reason I feel Jagex hasn't done it earlier is because they want to keep Blood Runes P2P. One of the reasons Magic is so weak is because almost every pks in Ranger/Magic-resistant gear most of the time with a Rune Scimitar for Melee. But even if their target is wearing full Rune, Magic is still weaker than Melee which upsets the Combat Triangle. Again, F2P is supposed to be a demo of P2P, so I see no reason to ask Jagex to make stronger Runes available to F2P pkers.

Melee is in the middle. Strength Pures can still have good kill-counts if they play their cards right. A Rune Scimitar with Ranger/Magic-resistant armour on the standard pker works, too. Jagex should leave Melee as it is, and focus on making the Combat Triangle more even for F2P by making Range weaker, preferrably by adjusting stats, and Magic stronger, preferrably also with adjusting stats instead of making higher-level runes F2P.

Kisfvo.png

Kisfvo.png

Not as good as they could be, but I'm working on it.

Like many other have said, a yew longbow would be a reasonable update to F2P range. Most P2P'ers don't even make yew shorts, which means the economy won't be affected that much. Rune arrows, though, shouldn't be made F2P. As it is, range pretty much is the strongest skill in Bounty Hunter in my experience, and getting rune arrows would over power rangers :wall:

I think some crossbows/bolts should also be made F2P too. I think the bows should go up to maybe mithril/addy (not rune, same issue as rune arrows,) and bolts should go up to steel or around that. That way, monster hunting/BH would have more variety in F2P.

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

Like many other have said, a yew longbow would be a reasonable update to F2P range. Most P2P'ers don't even make yew shorts, which means the economy won't be affected that much. Rune arrows, though, shouldn't be made F2P. As it is, range pretty much is the strongest skill in Bounty Hunter in my experience, and getting rune arrows would over power rangers :wall:

I think some crossbows/bolts should also be made F2P too. I think the bows should go up to maybe mithril/addy (not rune, same issue as rune arrows,) and bolts should go up to steel or around that. That way, monster hunting/BH would have more variety in F2P.

OH MY GOD. Those were the EXACT points I was about to post. Right up to the point about rune arrows and crossbows. Not to mention for the same reasons. :shock:

So yah, this. Oh, and the bolts shouldn't be enchanted. That would be too cheap for f2p. I think the adamant crossbow would be reasonable enough, but mithirl would be fine too.

I think they should allow it, look at fog, they give a couple mage armor sets but only 1 range item. Way too little range updates. A second thing is range may be devastating in bh but in just playing for fun which is what most people do it is a secondary skill to mage and melee becuase you cannot do dragon hunter ranged unless you get really lucky with a crossbow, a new bow and crossbows would be great for f2p range.

Marksman0010.png

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

-- Voltaire

mage recently got some decent gears which give them like 4x defence bonus than the old set.

melee.... powerful B shield gives them str, super rune gloves gives them like 10+ def on most stats.

range has its powerful green dragon coif which has no difference then a normal coif except the +2 range attack bonus...

I am a tank range and will always be happy when better range gears are in.

And again, I am a P2P (So many little boys tell me: go to P2P to give your yell bow -.-)

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

First off, in my opinion, Ranged is already at an edge in the Combat Triangle. It has been this way ever since Jagex updated the skill and made the Maple Bow and Addy Arrows F2P. F2P is supposed to be a demo of P2P. That is why Jagex has Green D'Hide armour in F2P.

Magic, however, should be updated. The reason I feel Jagex hasn't done it earlier is because they want to keep Blood Runes P2P. One of the reasons Magic is so weak is because almost every pks in Ranger/Magic-resistant gear most of the time with a Rune Scimitar for Melee. But even if their target is wearing full Rune, Magic is still weaker than Melee which upsets the Combat Triangle. Again, F2P is supposed to be a demo of P2P, so I see no reason to ask Jagex to make stronger Runes available to F2P pkers.

Melee is in the middle. Strength Pures can still have good kill-counts if they play their cards right. A Rune Scimitar with Ranger/Magic-resistant armour on the standard pker works, too. Jagex should leave Melee as it is, and focus on making the Combat Triangle more even for F2P by making Range weaker, preferrably by adjusting stats, and Magic stronger, preferrably also with adjusting stats instead of making higher-level runes F2P.

You're right. In a single DM, Range has the upper hand against everyone else. However, a ranger cannot KO very well, even at level 70, and thus holds them back to be the truly dominant force. Crossbows would fix this, however, and make them the melee of 2008/2009 (as opposed to 2004).

f2p mage desprately (bad spelling today -.- ) needs an update. After level 35 or so, it just becomes completely obsolete. Blood runes would certainly be a welcome edition, and that economy could certainly do with a demand boost, so overall it would be more benifical to put it in then to leave it in members. However, this would not solve the problem much, because after combat 50, melee can hit 20s on their own. So we would only be delaying the obsolete point. Actually, mage in general needs an update. If I go any further with this (other than adding in the second bind attack, which would be nice but not solve the problem as a whole), then I have to edit members as well. I guess it all comes down to improving mage. >_>

To anyone who bothered testing it, you'd have seen ranged pvp in f2p is awful. Nobody uses it, as everyone roams in rune armor which has naturally good defence against ranged. And nobody uses mage either, the armor is pathetic and so are the spells. So basically, they need to give f2p mage and ranged a boost.

• 2 weeks later...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I, as a strength pure lover, think that F2P Range dominates Mage and generally overpowers Melee. It doesn't need a boost. Mage shouldn't get a boost, either, because F2P is the demo version of P2P. I don't know what else to call the F2Pers who whine about it other than 10-year-olds.

Kisfvo.png

Kisfvo.png

Not as good as they could be, but I'm working on it.