I need serious help.. 45m in 2 years playing.. failure..

johnemad1

HI, first an introduction of my skills and wealth...

So my rsn is jackata2. Been playing for over 2 years..

I can't play during in school cause its distracting and give me bad grades...

I got 40-45m in total.And... I don't have ANY 99s yet.

Well.. I have been trying to get money trying every way possible.. I planned up how to do that method and training skills and such and doing many quests... and ended up failing or get really boring..

So I don't really know what to do.I will try and remember what I tried to do for money: first thing.. mm.. merchant before trade limit.. worked great but did it in last 2 weeks before trade limit.. got a nice 20m from it.. died while slayering and lost 10m tho.. yea.. then.. mmm.. did some clues gave me not bad stuff.. tried tanning green dragonhides.. tried gettting logs and doing planks out of them.. tried king daggonthes.. FAILED BADDDDDLY...

tried barrows and from barrows is where i really got some money.. like 1 spear 2 guth helm and 2 verac helm and many many others.. got extreme boored of barrows.. found it not really interesting.. also got extreme boored of dry strikes... my last trip was the spear one and i stopped.. then.. i decided to go sara gwd.. i got 70 agility in 3 months.. l0l was in school so yea bare me... then.. that's where my half money get burned... wasted 15m on red chinning for 85 ranged and 3m on prayer to get 70 and 2m on summoning to get spirit terror bird... well luckily i got 19.1 split of saradomin hilt... got also 1 saradomin sword.. was also lucky on that one..

i forgot to mention before i got hilt i died 3 times and died 1 time after hilt... lost 2m in total by dying cauz got my stuff back everytime except the very first time... got really bad luck after hilt like noob teams to saradomin godwars and people logging out in the middle of fight and clan owner turnning lootshare off and pretending that we are noobs and we all were doing the best what every pro can do and bad luck overall and 1 death... and was getting killcount with a mate who helped me egt my stuff back after i died... he got 40 killcount while i was at 15.. i was really surprised and i was sureeee he had 83 slayer but he only had 75.. so he used his 68 slayer to kill spiritual warriors and rangers.. i didt know it was that fast..

so i decided to get 68 slayer.. didnt have much time to play really.. got 65 slayer then stopped... saradomin godwars got nerfed in the very last update, also im perm muted and perm banned from forum so i log in my skiller and talk to people which is really a true mission to just do 1 trip, i estimate total time before enetering the boss room is 2 hours.. so i decided to OFFICIALLY stop saradomin (felt really bad about that 70 agility that killed me).. and now i have put a plan and want you tell me what u feel about it

1)spend 25M from my ~45M and get 95 ranged

2)go armadyl gwd and get some duo/solo drops..

i would like to know your opinion about this plan because i don't want failing and loosing money if i gone there,,, note that i would have like 10M to spend on supplies.. and sorry for typos.. i really need your help, so don't feel lazy to post ANY SUGGESTION

joker5kx5.jpg

Why So Serious?

Well anywho, Don't waste cash on Chins just for 95 range get it the old way it's more excitable :P and yea I've played over 3 years most I've had at 1 time is like 25M or so so you are doing very good =)

DhSpedup.gif

Well, I read your whole post and I have to say, You should try to not die so often :P

Other than that, relying on drops as a way to get money is a bit unreliable, as you may go weeks or longer without the drop and you'll get really annoyed/upset/angry etc

Try using skills to get cash, things like fishing/woodcutting/mining/runecrafting/hunter are all good ways to get money, but they can get a bit boring. So I find the best thing to do, is just to switch to a different skill when it gets boring. Then when you start getting bored of skilling, you can go on your GWD trip and if you get lucky, it's a nice bonus.

One last thing, don't worry that you've been playing so long without any 99's, it isn't the end of the world and 99's take a lot of patience.

Snowjoke.png

Seriously, you're not doing bad. I've been playing for just under two years now, and my bank is worth 16m, and I don't have any 99's. Just because I think spending time to get some pointless 99 cooking isn't worth it. I play for fun. You should do that, too.

2dvjurb.png

Well guys, first thanks for fast replies.

Second, I liked the idea of skilling and doing GWD trips, but the problem is I got a skiller that has 77 runecrafting. I made 28M on it, bought blue h'ween mask and then BAM! Banned and got it back unbanned when blue h'ween mask reached 13m... That kinda not a real reason, but I think I will diefiinalty runecraft a bit after getting the 57 summoning(for spirit graahk)...

I was just asking, doing like between 3 and 5 trips everyday at Armadyll godwars is any good money-maker? Soloing/Duoing... Will be 95 ranged,70pray,57summoning,83def,93-95 hits, 82mage(mentioning for mage bonus)... Will have 10m supplies for it.. will rc if no teams. so what you say?

If you're going to solo a Godwars boss, try the Saradomin boss. You take less damage there, and if you know what you're doing you can get more kills than at Armadyl too.

Higher defence would help though, 90/95+ to be efficient.

2dvjurb.png

If you're going to solo a Godwars boss, try the Saradomin boss. You take less damage there, and if you know what you're doing you can get more kills than at Armadyl too.

Higher defence would help though, 90/95+ to be efficient.

Getting 90-95 Defence is an impossible thing to do right now. Btw, I'm willing to solo Saradomin after getting my 88 summoning...And saradomin hilt price is dropping badddddddddd.

Rofl...

Dude, if you don't have any 99s after 2 years you're not a failure...

It's a game man, I've been playing for 7 years and I haven't got a single 99.

I've got the quest cape, but that's about it.

Just have fun, I never consider my account a failure because I have loads of fun. :P

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif

ive been playing bout 3 and a half years i have no 99s my highest is 96

though i have bout 30mil in items, gwd with a team would be most rewarding for u even if u dont get many drops, other than that if its money u want without to much trouble try selling grimy herbs of any quality (flesh crawler lvl2 security stronghold)

Heh, I've been playing for three years come the 24th and my only major accomplishment is ALMOST getting a quest cape. The most money I've had in one spot was 6.3mil, and that was just cause I got lucky with a clue scroll.

You're really not doing that bad. If you wanna make money, just do something you enjoy and eventually you'll get a profit off it.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

I've been playing much more than 2 years, have never had that much money, and my highest skill is 90 HP. And by some people standards I'd say that I play a lot. There's no need to get a 99. I'd really much rather just let a 99 happen to me then set out to get one. 99's are overrated in my opinion (even though I don't have any) and really just make the game into more of a grind fest than it already is. Just play to have fun.

Blakdragon39.png

Yeah dude seriously. I've been playing for 7 years and only have 11mil. You aren't a failure because you don't have a 99. Who cares. You're playing this game because it's fun and/or you enjoy it. Don't think you HAVE to achieve 99s to be successful. That's just an added bonus for the game. Just have fun playing and level whatever you want anyway you want. :)

Pandaman03.png

Pandaman03.png

aurasmalluo6.gif

The reason your feeling like your acct is a failure is probably because in that 2 year span you could of netted alot more money if you would of just used one account. Side accounts drain time from your main account, this game is all about time.

If you had 77 runecrafting on your main you would have a surefire way to make money.

Train skills, become a pack-rat (collect and keep everything you get) know when to get your own supplies and when to spend your money to make more money. Things like this will help your cash-pile add up quite nicely.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thanks for all good and nice replies from very nice and gentle people.

Well guys, may be I'm seeing this as failure because of the partyhats that people would won in 1 second but not anymore. Well, I gotta get over it. You guys really helped me. I will try to have fun at Armadyl/Barrows/Runecrafting.

I really thank you guys.

Lol, 7/8 posts on here is sharing stories of pity.

Anyways, 77 runecrafting is a major accomplishment. You should seriously think about doing a money productive skill, like hunting, fishing, thieving, etc. Those skills are relatively easy compared to RuneCrafting. Even if you get bored, your high tolerance rate will get you so far. Fish Monkfish, Hunt chinchompas, Thieve in the Pyramid. By the time you get bored, you'd achieve enough money to fund your obsession with GWD bosses :-# :D Try skilling for profit first, then if you feel comfortable with a skill you enjoy and excel at, then you could easily get the desired 99.

P.S. Welcome to forums, and sorry about my typing, i naturally type in paragraphs.

Don't worry, you'll get there... just keep playing and do whatever you want. It works.

+1. Man, when I had been playing 2 years I was worth almost nothing. Of course, I was F2P and no item came close to worth 45mil, but I don't think I was close to the equivalent of 45mil either. It's only recently that I've become what I would consider wealthy. I've always been a skiller- just keep doing whatever skill you feel like and you end up with money (assuming you don't defeat the purpose by buying a skill).

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Lol, 7/8 posts on here is sharing stories of pity.

Anyways, 77 runecrafting is a major accomplishment. You should seriously think about doing a money productive skill, like hunting, fishing, thieving, etc. Those skills are relatively easy compared to RuneCrafting. Even if you get bored, your high tolerance rate will get you so far. Fish Monkfish, Hunt chinchompas, Thieve in the Pyramid. By the time you get bored, you'd achieve enough money to fund your obsession with GWD bosses :-# :D Try skilling for profit first, then if you feel comfortable with a skill you enjoy and excel at, then you could easily get the desired 99.

P.S. Welcome to forums, and sorry about my typing, i naturally type in paragraphs.

Lol, thanks for reply. Yes. I will try and be doing different skills so I don't get bored. I will try and runecraft/thieve/barrows and of course Armadyl. I just want to focus on Armadyl till I get a hilt then it depends if I get that hilt solo or duo. If solo I might get lot of easy 99s and might train summoning to 88 with bursting rock lobs. But if it was duo hilt, I think I might be happy also with 60-70M in bank and save up for any skill I want. I want 88 summoning first, which will bring 94 mage which will get me at 95+ hitpoints. And I might do lot of monster hunting with the unicorn. I don't want focus on skills too much so I don't loose time. I just need that hilt and we will see. Just need to get that 95 range now and go get some drops. Wish me luck.

look at me been playing for 4 years no 99s the highest money ive ever had is 1.2mill my banck adds probbaly to 1mill-2mill 99s are not wot the games abut its about haveing fun and reching goals :thumbsup:

Artemis101.png

Artemis101.png

archsupportei2.png