Today...

Leoo

My hairline is receding pretty bad. About 2 weeks ago i decided to say [bleep] it, and i shaved it all off. First time in like 20 years ive had hair this short (well, basically no hair). Actually looks better than it did when i had long hair. Just gonna keep it like this now. It's so much easier.

My roommate is super pissed at me. We've had problems that started about 2 weeks after he moved in. He's a [bleep]ing slob. Kid from Saudi, so he's used to having maids clean up after him. When he cooks, he dirties half the dishes in the house then leaves it in the sink until the next time he decides to use it. Sometimes it can be as long as 3 or 4 days, since he makes enough food to last him a couple of days. He never closes the cupboards, he never puts shit like salt/spices/herbs away. He just leaves everything on the counter. I got tired of [bleep]ing and moaning like a housewife, so now i just let him be. It's gotten to the point where the kitchen/living room actually stinks because of it. Doesn't really bother me, because i spend so little time at home and when i am home i'm in my room studying or sleeping. So now he's started complaining to me that the house smells and that there's constantly dishes in the sink. He told me the other day that he's washed the dishes 4 times in a row, and he hasn't seen me wash the dishes one. Well maybe that's because literally every time i use dishes, i wash them straight away. 

So yesterday they came to do an inspection of the apartment for Health and Safety. I wasn't home, but my room as clean so i wasn't worried. The rest of the house was pure chaos. So they told us they'll be doing a follow-up inspection today since our apartment wasn't cleared. They came back today, and the place was still the same mess it was yesterday. For this, they fined up $100. I go to the main office to inform them about the situation regarding my roommate. I told them that my room is spotless and his isn't, so isn't it fairly obvious who's responsible for the mess in the rest of the house? And there's no [bleep]ing way i'm cleaning up after someone else. So they take away the fine they gave me, but kept his. Now he's pissed at me for "ratting him out", but maybe now he'll learn. 

i had a saudi roommate once who didnt realize you could flush toilet paper down the toilet, so instead he would put his used toilet paper in plastic grocery bags under the bathroom sink in his bathroom. i didnt realize until the smell started wafting out from under the bathroom door, so i went in there and found the source of the smell to be 6 bags stuffed to capacity with used toilet paper. i let him know he could flush it, we laughed it off, and he was the best roommate i ever had.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I don't think we're going to have the same happy ending. This guy is extremely argumentative and very abrasive. I think he has an inferiority complex. He constantly asks me questions regarding Aviation with the hopes that he's going to catch me out on something (which is just unlikely to happen because for some reason i just really know my shit when it comes to flying), and when he doesn't he seems pissed. 

Sometimes i feel pretty bad for him because every attempt he's made at making new friends has ended badly for him. People will hang out with him once or twice, realise how garbage his personality is, then avoid him. And it's sad because he doesn't realise that he's actually the issue. I don't know, it's like i want to feel bad for him but at the same time he makes it really hard for me to feel bad for him. We used to hang out fairly often the first month or so despite him being much younger than me, but then things just got a bit too much. 

Spoiled arab brats. Had an opportunity to meet a few while in NZ. That oil money has been a complete double-edged sword, they are useless and arrogant af.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I love it when Saqs benevolent racism shows haha

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I've met some very lovely Arabs in my travels aswell. Nothing against the most of them. But here specifically I was referring to the ones of royal family ancestry and pretty much unlimited funds. They make up maybe 0.1% of all Arabs. And they are pretty rotten.

You could say the same about overprivileged brats of any ethnicity, however I haven't had a chance to meet them yet.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I know it affects 0 of you but it'd be really neat if you supported this cause against the fascist NJABC

https://brewedindependent.org/petition/

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I know it affects 0 of you but it'd be really neat if you supported this cause against the fascist NJABC

https://brewedindependent.org/petition/

were I american I would gladly...coming from ontario, I'm unfortunately quite familiar with nonsensical government overreach on alcohol licensing.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Back home. A few days of rest, peace and calm. Been way overdue.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

How can I get a ballpoint pen mark out of my clothes? Should I put hand sanitizer on it and let it soak for a while and try to blot it off?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I've gotten good feedback on my game. Not much, but it's only been positive so far. Makes me happy :).

Been doing a lot of refactoring to prepare for multiplayer support (far future). I have three layers: the View which would be used by the client to show the world; the Controller (I named it Model) which transforms the Model into something the View can consume and exposes callbacks like "walk" and "performAction" and such that the client can use to interact with the world; and the Model (I named it Director) which actually performs the AI, handles combat, perform actions, etc.

It's a matter of documenting client-side and server-side methods in the Controller and allowing multiple "stages" (sectors in RuneScape, levels in Mario, etc) to be loaded at once. If one player is in a dungeon and another is in a city, for example, you want both stages to be running together.

Work is going great, too. I'm knocking out bug fixes / features in hours. i've had 5 major PRs on our primary product in the last couple weeks, and a bunch of fixes/features to a secondary product during my first two weeks.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

it's a bad idea but this is Lua and there's no refactoring tools to update the names so yolo

But while the names are bad the design is solid IMO.

The initial design was different (the Director was supposed to be the Controller on the server, and there was supposed to be a "ClientDirector"), but you know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ozXHe7P.png

Yeah it's going to be a client/server. I'm thinking about adding a competition mode where it's single player but your XP gains are tracked. And also a multiplayer mode where you can play with your friends using your offline account. The former would be hosted by me, the latter a player would serve as the host.

It's all very hypothetical but it's feasible.

ozXHe7P.png

The Director manages Systems and Entities. Entities (they have little state; they're composed of Components) are added to the Director, which then notifies Systems. Systems filter the Entities based on things; for example, the CombatSystem only works on Entities with CombatStatus, CombatTarget, Movement, and Position components; the movement system works on any Entity with a MovementComponent and PositionComponent; etc.

Entities have minimal logic; they just mostly manage things like resources and event management. The Systems perform the bulk of the logic. Components have no logic; they simply store state.

It's called an Entity-Component-System (ECS). I named systems Cortexes after my RuneScape ... tool, entities Peeps after Rollercoaster Tycoon (unnamed Peeps are called 'Guest #X' where X is their Peep ID), and components Behaviors because why not. At least this naming makes sense.

The implementation is simple: https://github.com/aaronbolyard/itsyscape/blob/master/itsyscape/ItsyScape/Peep/Director.lua

Initially, Director was going to expose a generic interface to do things like perform actions, and the implementation was going to be different client/server side, but that got moved over to Model. Woops.

ozXHe7P.png